Wiki Posts
Search

CA: AMEX Transfer Maximum (?)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2014, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC & HH
CA: AMEX Transfer Maximum (?)

Just checked the MR site, noticed this with all airline/hotel transfer partners:

Transfer Points

1,000 Membership Rewards points is equal to 1,000 Avios

A minimum of 1,000 points can be transferred to this Participant

transferMaxAnnualText
Uh oh?
Old Dec 15, 2014, 4:01 pm

"minimum" ?
Old Dec 15, 2014, 4:25 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
Never heard of a maximum for transfer MR.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by Oapos
Just checked the MR site, noticed this with all airline/hotel transfer partners:

Uh oh?
Nothing to worry about, I think it's just default text when a Max isn't present

I believe even AMEX USA has "reversed" their decision on limiting transfer to Delta to maximum of 250K a year?
Old Dec 16, 2014, 1:47 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
That decision to limit Amex to DL transfers wasn't an Amex decision. It was a DL decision which DL decided to revoke. Seemed like DL used the (since aborted) cap as some kind of negotiation tool to get leverage over Amex. DL aborted DL's own plan to cap transfers, and DL did so without DL (or Amex) ever implementing the cap.

Originally Posted by Cana2013
Never heard of a maximum for transfer MR.
We transferred nearly half a million from Amex MR into BA and did so in one fell swoop. [40% bonus, you're my friend.] Transfer was instant. This was on a US Amex.

It's possible that another transfer I make from Amex to BA this month or next month would be for a million Amex points or more; but I'm just wondering if BA would throw a hissy fit to see 1 million to 3 million points come into a single account so quickly and start wondering what is going on. [All the BA points used are earned and used legitimately, but being hit with false suspicions and an account block/lock is an unnecessary hassle.]

I have no doubt that large balance changes have caused account audits in some loyalty programs.

I would be surprised if Amex Canada has a cap for the same program transfers for which US Amex has no transfer cap.

Last edited by GUWonder; Dec 16, 2014 at 1:52 am
Old Dec 16, 2014, 9:05 am
formerly sahiljain22

Programs: Amex Plat; HH Diamond; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond; United 1K; National EE; HSBC Premier
Originally Posted by GUWonder

It's possible that another transfer I make from Amex to BA this month or next month would be for a million Amex points or more; but I'm just wondering if BA would throw a hissy fit to see 1 million to 3 million points come into a single account so quickly and start wondering what is going on.
Addon cards and household accounts to the rescue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.