Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Lounge at SYD T1, expanded October 2019.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2014, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Amex Lounge at SYD T1, expanded October 2019.

Sweet! Especially with Koru lounge currently under construction!

http://www.ausbt.com.au/first-look-a...airport-lounge
Old Dec 14, 2014, 7:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Looks very nice but small -- only 60 people.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 7:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I assume this is in the international terminal?
Old Dec 14, 2014, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I assume this is in the international terminal?
Yup, that's what T1 is.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 12:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Glad to see AMEX expanding its lounge profile ^
Old Dec 23, 2014, 11:50 pm

AMEX Lounge SYD

So apparently AMEX opened up a lounge at SYD within the last couple of weeks (operated by Plaza Premium or whatever it is). There are only a couple of short reviews of the place, and I was wondering if anyone has stopped by. I might be visiting the end of next week and can try my best to provide a review of the lounge.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 6:10 pm

I'll be leaving Sydney on Sunday the 28th and will provide a review.

Any requests or questions that I should be on the lookout for?
Old Dec 24, 2014, 9:46 pm

If you could let us know what the hot food spread is that would be great-I know it's not going to be quite like the Centurion Lounges.
Also, just a heads-up for those of you planning to go, it seems the access rules are much more different than the Centurion Lounges. With one of the co-branded plat cards shown as having only access twice a year, are the other co-branded plat cards still granting unlimited access?
Old Dec 26, 2014, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Plaza Premium lounges are usually good in nature.

Too bad I am not going to SYD in the coming future.

Originally Posted by steveman518
Also, just a heads-up for those of you planning to go, it seems the access rules are much more different than the Centurion Lounges. With one of the co-branded plat cards shown as having only access twice a year, are the other co-branded plat cards still granting unlimited access?
Actually no.

Based on that list, all co-branded cards get 2 free access. The only cards that get unlimited access are AMEX own Centurion and Platinum Cards. Remember - your AMEX card will be swiped. So the lounge personnel knows what kind of access you are entitled to.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 2:48 pm

Sorry mates. I wasn't aware that SYD requires standby passengers on international flights to wait until your seat clears at the check in area prior to customs, so I was unable to check out the lounge yesterday.

(On a bright note, perhaps only for me, I got through long queues for customs and security in less than 30 minutes!!)
Old Dec 29, 2014, 11:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wyfind
Sorry mates. I wasn't aware that SYD requires standby passengers on international flights to wait until your seat clears at the check in area prior to customs, so I was unable to check out the lounge yesterday.

(On a bright note, perhaps only for me, I got through long queues for customs and security in less than 30 minutes!!)
And glad you got on your flight, mate! I'll be visiting the lounge on Friday.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 2:22 pm

There right now for breakfast until maybe 9:15-30ish? Let me know if you'll be here in the next hour and say hi!
I think the lounge is great, though right now (8:20) the lounge is very quiet right now except for one dude yapping at the window (maybe 10 occupants at most). The breakfast food is very good-I highly recommend the waffles with maple syrup-I made the right decision to skip the hotel breakfast for this. The window has some plane-spotting of QR heavies-I can see 2 380s right outside. I'll have a more detailed description when I complete my TR with pictures of stuff

Edit: The bathrooms are one per gender (so a single small room with a toilet and sink), so that may be a problem when the lounge is at a larger capacity, but the bathrooms themselves are nice
Old Jan 5, 2015, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

Finally posting pics! Was there during transition from breakfast to lunch.

Old Jan 10, 2015, 2:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Thanks for the pics ^
Old Jan 10, 2015, 5:22 pm

Sorry for the delay from my Jan 2 visit, but the pictures and everything have finally been processed

I was at the lounge during breakfast hours and was very happy with the overall experience. The food was good, particularly the waffles and syrup. There was always an attendant clearing plates and taking drink orders. The wifi was also pretty fast and kept up with my needs. My main issue is that there was only one bathroom per gender, which would be a problem when it was crowded.

Outside (by gate 24)

My corner

Length of lounge

Spotting of QF heavies

Cold breakfast foods + pastries

Hot foods

Bar area

Breakfast

Bathroom

The visit can also be found in my TR http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...l#post24141026

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.