Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

GoGo internet passes: Business Centurion (unlimited), Business Platinum (10 per year)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2015, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
USA-issued Business Centurion cardholders receive unlimited GoGo in-flight access. Activation and a GoGo account required.

USA-issued Business Platinum cardholders receive 10 GoGo in-flight passes per year. Each pass is valid for a single flight segment (takeoff to touchdown). Activation and a GoGo account required.

The eligible card carries an annual fee of $450 and looks like this:

Other platinum colored American Express cards are not eligible.

Activate either benefit here:

https://promotions.gogoair.com/promotion/amexSplash.do

Some Corporate cards are also eligible.
Print Wikipost

GoGo internet passes: Business Centurion (unlimited), Business Platinum (10 per year)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2015, 4:38 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Departures magazine no longer breaks out Centurion vs Platinum accounts in their circulation figures, but they do distinguish personal (70%) from business (30%). My recollection is that the USA Centurion accounts were even more heavily skewed to personal.

SPECULATION: I think it won't cost them much to provide this benefit because there aren't many cards, and once they have some experience they might be able to better judge what it would cost to extend a version of GoGo access to personal cardholders.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 8:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP Gold, TK *Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Any updates on when in 2015 this benefit will become available?

Originally Posted by Doctor of Credit
No worries, exactly the sort of stuff as a blogger I should be doing but it's always nice to receive thanks. I imagine it's also a bit easier for me to get a response than a regular cardholder.

I'm always more than happy to reach out to my contacts for clarifications or questions, anybody can PM me here or send me an e-mail at [email protected].
Old Jan 23, 2015, 10:54 pm

Programs: Delta SM, Jetblue, SPG
I recently chatted with Gogo Support, they said early february. (they actually gave me a date in the chat, however forgot about it, since im' traveling prior to the launch date).
Old Jan 25, 2015, 2:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Darthkim
I recently chatted with Gogo Support, they said early february. (they actually gave me a date in the chat, however forgot about it, since im' traveling prior to the launch date).
Wow gogo was aware of this promotion?
Old Jan 25, 2015, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by Duffman
Any updates on when in 2015 this benefit will become available?
When I last asked:

I don't have a specific date yet, but will let you know as soon as it is determined. For now it is... Coming soon.
They said they'd let me know when they had a concrete release date, I just fired off another e-mail asking again just in case they forgot. I'll let you know either way when they respond, my guess is they will say "coming soon" again. Typically credit card issuers won't give a release date because they stagger it/aren't confident of the exact date it will go live.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 6:01 pm

Benefit now looks to be live: https://promotions.gogoair.com/promotion/amexSplash.do
Old Feb 11, 2015, 6:32 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion
Registration for unlimited complimentary Gogo for Business Centurion is live:
https://promotions.gogoair.com/promotion/amexSplash.do
Old Feb 11, 2015, 6:57 pm
mia

Moderator action

I have merged the threads discussing the Centurion and Platinum versions of a GoGo in-flight internet benefit.

Off-topic discussion of Boingo terrestrial wireless internet access has been moved:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ingo-wifi.html

Last edited by mia; Feb 11, 2015 at 7:29 pm
Old Feb 12, 2015, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
So, in the end it turned out to be really just for business platinum cards. ;-(
Old Feb 12, 2015, 2:22 pm
mia

Originally Posted by nmenaker
So, in the end ...
Today it is only for Business cards, but this may not be the end.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 7:35 pm

I have both and think the gogo perk is worth it.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 10:40 am

Programs: many
Is the new 10 gogo inflight passes available to the personal plat card as well? I only have the business plat and received the email with the added benefit.
Am curious if this was extended across to the personal cards as well? TIA
Old Feb 16, 2015, 11:25 am

Programs: AMEX Business Centurion
Gogo Internet Passes for Centurion and Platinum Cards

Okay, so I just got the unlimited Gogo internet passes email. On the surface this seems like a decent addition (at least one that I plan to use). Question for those of you who might know though, is there any difference between using these "passes" vs signing in with an Unlimited Gogo plan? I've been using the latter and want to know if I should just cancel it now that we have the passes.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 11:32 am

Programs: AMEX Business Centurion
Originally Posted by scubadu
Personal Centurion cardholders will begin complaining in three...two...

Regards
FINALLY it seems that there is some benefit to having the Business version of the Cent. card over the personal one, at least for a short while
Old Feb 16, 2015, 11:48 am

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by pcharles
Is the new 10 gogo inflight passes available to the personal plat card as well? I only have the business plat and received the email with the added benefit.
Am curious if this was extended across to the personal cards as well? TIA
No, at least not yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.