Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SEA (Opened 30 June 2015; Expanded 22 March 2017; Again in 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2017, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
New Seattle Centurion Lounge is scheduled to open by August 2022. [Employee response from late May 2022]
From SEA Volunteer Newsletter (Nov. 9 '22): estimated to open in 2023.

Denied Entry/waitlist Date/Day of week/Time:

WAITLIST: May 17, 2019 Friday, 9AM, 10-15 minutes waiting time.
WAITLIST: Oct 9, 2019 Wednesday, 230PM, 15 minutes waiting time.

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SEA (Opened 30 June 2015; Expanded 22 March 2017; Again in 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2015, 8:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by Pat+
It's not a new rule, and it's not specific to the Seattle location. You do need a confirmed seat assignment. This also prevents most non-revs from using the Centurion lounges.

While it's completely up to Amex to setup their own rules, what bothers me is that this rule isn't spelled out anywhere in clear terms. It's obviously in the staff's manual, because it's consistently enforced, but it doesn't appear on any of the marketing materials or on the web site. It isn't acceptable to reject folks based on undisclosed criteria, imo.

That being said, if you were standing by, didn't you have a confirmed seat on a later flight?
As noted here, it's a way to stop airline employees from using the lounge on a daily basis. Poorly executed in my opinion.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 11:40 am

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Originally Posted by AKCuisine
Laughing. Three sequential posts about the toilet seat not staying in an upright position.

I've read that the bathrooms are unisex. My hunch is that someone, somewhere made a decision to tackle the "Put the Seat Down" issue - one that has plagued women since indoor plumbing came into fashion.

You just reminded me of the one thing that really frustrated me about this location -- that damn toilet seat! I encountered the same issue earlier this month
Old Jul 28, 2015, 2:59 pm

Aggghh!! The same issue with the toilet seat. I'm literally here right now.

As for flushing, ignore the sign - don't hold it until it completes flushing. Press, wait one second, and then release. If you continue holding it, it will just release water into the bowl, but won't flush.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 5:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by n923la
Aggghh!! The same issue with the toilet seat. I'm literally here right now.

As for flushing, ignore the sign - don't hold it until it completes flushing. Press, wait one second, and then release. If you continue holding it, it will just release water into the bowl, but won't flush.
Welcome to Flyertalk n923la and thanks for your tip.

Will be over a month until I can flush out the lounge
Old Jul 30, 2015, 7:10 pm

Programs: AS / CSR / AMEX
How busy is this place on Thursday evenings? I have a BA flight leaving at 7:15 so I was gonna check this and the Galleries lounge out, though I have a feeling the Centurion lounge will be much nicer haha
Old Aug 2, 2015, 11:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by akelkar
How busy is this place on Thursday evenings? I have a BA flight leaving at 7:15 so I was gonna check this and the Galleries lounge out, though I have a feeling the Centurion lounge will be much nicer haha
Haven't used it yet in the evening so I couldn't say. However, I wouldn't bother with the Centurion Studio, unless you just wanted the novelty of visiting it.

Since you're flying BA, I assume you were referring to the Terraces lounge in S. I've never actually had occasion to use this lounge, but it has been well-reviewed for its rooftop location and amenities, and rated #2 lounge in SEA. It will be much roomier than the Amex lounge and probably have a comparable or better selection of food.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 4:20 pm

Programs: DL silver,Hilton Gold,Marriott,VA,Amex Plat,Hertz Gold
I was same day confirmed without a seat assignment and was denied. I was told to go to the gate & get a seat then come back. That was impossible because seats a lot of times aren't assigned until 30 mins til departure. This rule is to keep airline employees out? Don't they pay the same $$$ to have the card? What about the travelers who pay nothing & use their corporate card ( given to them by their employer) to enter?
Old Aug 16, 2015, 6:17 pm

Programs: Amex,AS,DL,Marriott,Hilton
What if I fly Southwest? They don't have seat assignments at all....
Old Aug 16, 2015, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by CloveLeaf
Interesting. I hadn't thought about that. Perhaps the boarding position assignment replaces the seat assignment in that case?
Old Aug 17, 2015, 11:26 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by CloveLeaf
Originally Posted by cmd320
Interesting. I hadn't thought about that. Perhaps the boarding position assignment replaces the seat assignment in that case?
I used a Southwest boarding pass to enter the SFO Centurion a few weeks ago - they treated the boarding position as what counted towards being a "confirmed reservation."
Old Aug 28, 2015, 8:05 pm

Programs: Amex,AS,DL,Marriott,Hilton
Reporting back. Last week, I used my Southwest boarding pass to enter the SEA studio. No problem at all. Agent there was extremely friendly and helpful. Our flight was delayed for more than 3 hours and she helped us getting multiple quotes from different airlines to different nearby airports.
And the toilet lid didn't bother me
Old Sep 17, 2015, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Prem1K, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Came through on my way back from SEATAC on the 13th. Early evening flight (like 6:45pm-ish) out of Gate B4 so right next door.

Denied entry for space considerations (they were full) but they did have a wait list that that asked me if I wanted to be on (I did) and the option of a phone call/text if/when a spot opened up. They also provided a $20 Starbucks card (there is a Starbucks right across from gate B4).

I got a text maybe 10 minutes later, and went in. Very nice space, there were light snacks out, along with some other food offerings (I had eaten prior to coming to the airport, so wasn't really interested). There were two wine offerings and table service (one assumes to keep the <21 set from indulging). The options were 'red' and 'white', but the red was more than serviceable.

The only way this could be better would be if it was a full-fledged lounge. Convenient option for folks flying out of the A-B gates (I was on DL, so easier than schlepping to the Skyclub and then schlepping back to the B concourse).

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I haven't seen mention of power ports (sockets) at these three locations.
The 'counter' seats lining the windows have a number of them; I was in one of the lounge chairs (they have these privacy panels on them like you see at DL clubs). There was one of those 'recessed' or 'floating' outlets that you have to raise a cover that is flush with the floor. My phone was at 22%, so I did it, and didn't get any flak for it.

O/H
Old Sep 18, 2015, 2:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Thanks for the update. Will get to try *at last* on the 23 & 24th of September (last time thru SEA was too close of a connection, and outside the hours- wish it stayed open past 10 PM)
Old Sep 24, 2015, 8:07 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
I was here last month at around 9am and most of the chairs were taken already. I do like the drinks, especially the Jones cream soda that I havn't seen in other lounges.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by GateGuardian
I was here last month at around 9am and most of the chairs were taken already. I do like the drinks, especially the Jones cream soda that I havn't seen in other lounges.
This is, in my opinion, the best thing about the SEA lounge compared to the other "regular" Centurion lounges....I can't stand having to go to the bar every time I want a diet coke....I love the self-serve soft drinks at SEA, especially the Jones soda ^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.