Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SEA (Opened 30 June 2015; Expanded 22 March 2017; Again in 2022)

Old Feb 6, 2017, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
New Seattle Centurion Lounge is scheduled to open by August 2022. [Employee response from late May 2022]
From SEA Volunteer Newsletter (Nov. 9 '22): estimated to open in 2023.

Denied Entry/waitlist Date/Day of week/Time:

WAITLIST: May 17, 2019 Friday, 9AM, 10-15 minutes waiting time.
WAITLIST: Oct 9, 2019 Wednesday, 230PM, 15 minutes waiting time.

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SEA (Opened 30 June 2015; Expanded 22 March 2017; Again in 2022)

Old Oct 17, 2016, 9:42 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Spoke to the staff yesterday. They said that they had heard a Q1 target. And then they more recently heard a Q2 target. So opening date seems a bit unsettled. Looking into the construction area, I can tell that there is still a long way to go, but I am no construction expert.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 4:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
Spoke to the staff yesterday. They said that they had heard a Q1 target. And then they more recently heard a Q2 target. So opening date seems a bit unsettled. Looking into the construction area, I can tell that there is still a long way to go, but I am no construction expert.
I'm pretty sure that Amex has never hit an initial schedule milestone yet on a Cent Lounge. It's unlikely that will be different this time either.

Regards
Old Oct 20, 2016, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
In case you're wondering about construction outside the Centurion Studio and the blocked views... the new Delta Sky Club is opening on Friday, and it's simply stunning. The lounge boasts an innovative design, a 30 ft window wall that tints automatically, stunning views, private work spaces, a full size kitchen, complimentary hot food, local beers, wines and spirits, six shower suites, changing rooms, and even a spa!

The Centurion Studio will probably offer a better complimentary drink selection after the expansion work is complete, but is unlikely to be able to compete on any other front.

I had a chance to visit the new flagship Delta Sky Club at Seattle-Tacoma airport Concourse A in person earlier this week for loungereview.com - and even got to experience the spa: https://loungereview.com/first-look-...attle-airport/

The same contractor who was working on the Sky Club is working on the Centurion expansion, and progress is visible (just peek behind the blinds!) But even at twice the current size, the Studio will remain tiny compared to the mammoth Sky Club.

The Platinum cards grants access to the Sky Club when flying on Delta, so the Sky Club may become my go-to lounge going forward. (There is a thread on the new club at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...thread-22.html)

Last edited by Pat Plus; Oct 20, 2016 at 11:49 pm
Old Nov 28, 2016, 11:12 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Pat Plus

The same contractor who was working on the Sky Club is working on the Centurion expansion, and progress is visible (just peek behind the blinds!) But even at twice the current size, the Studio will remain tiny compared to the mammoth Sky Club.
When I chatted with the SEA staff recently, they told me that the expansion would only give the Studio an extra 50% footprint.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:27 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Costco Executive Member, Safeway Club Card
Holiday Drinks

Holiday Drink Menu

6:00am-9:30pm

Kerrygold On Ice
Irish cream, aged Irish whiskey and chocolate

Spiced Egg Nog
Egg nog with spiced rum w/cinnamon stick garnish

5:00pm-9:30pm only

Holiday Champagne
Brut Piper Heidsieck served with chocolate truffle
Old Dec 13, 2016, 9:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by RogerMurdock
Holiday Drink Menu

6:00am-9:30pm

Kerrygold On Ice
Irish cream, aged Irish whiskey and chocolate

Spiced Egg Nog
Egg nog with spiced rum w/cinnamon stick garnish

5:00pm-9:30pm only

Holiday Champagne
Brut Piper Heidsieck served with chocolate truffle
Liquor in the SEA Lounge?
Old Jan 12, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
Do you guys prefer the new skyclub or the centurion lounge studio?
Old Jan 16, 2017, 8:55 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Juanefny
Do you guys prefer the new skyclub or the centurion lounge studio?

I was just logging on to write a post about this. Went to both this morning for the first time. My husband and I both couldn't wait to get out of the Centurion lounge. Claustrophobic and minimal offerings.No seats... lots of families.

We decided the terminal was more interesting....but then saw the new Skyclub. WOW. Sitting here now. Beautiful, hot breakfasts, empty, tons of seating breathtaking views of the mountains and sunrise.....I almost want to get a membership just to use this club. Most impressed.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
The expansion is an additional 1400 square feet. As of today, 2/5/17 - they still don't know whether the SEA lounge will remain a studio or convert to a regular lounge.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 9:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I did a double take when reading that figure. Hardly worth the bother to add that small an addition in SEA.

I'm guessing they were denied access to use more space by the port authority.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by DaveH
I did a double take when reading that figure. Hardly worth the bother to add that small an addition in SEA.

I'm guessing they were denied access to use more space by the port authority.
The expansion is worth it, because it will plug key gaps in terms of amenities, namely the full bar and shower suite. Also there will be desperately needed additional bathrooms. (There still won't be a kitchen or hot food, though.)

The risk is that with enhanced amenities comes a greater crowd, but it's hard to tell - especially with a really nice new lounge for Delta and SkyTeam customers next door, and considering the fact that the Centurion Studio is far from the satellites.

And indeed, Amex wasn't able to get additional space. They've been pretty open about that.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 3:49 pm

No bowls for the soup, a lady got wine spilled all over her by the staff, saw a girl filling up her "hat" cup with juice and it overflowing.
Guess where this is?
Old Feb 18, 2017, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I've never seen such problems at SEA. I've generally had good times there.

Have no idea what a "hat" cup might be?
Old Feb 24, 2017, 7:32 pm

Horrible Service

I had a long wait for a flight from afternoon to evening, and so was looking forward to using this SEA Centurion lounge today. I'd had ok to good expereinces before - not today. It was busy in the late afternoon, so I took a stool. Finally someone left the green double chair seats against the wall, so I switched seats when it became available. I did some work for about 20 min, and made a phone call. I decided to get up for some more food and left my bag on the side-stand next to the chair. While picking food, I noticed one of the front attendants walk over to my table/seat and plop down a black "reserved" placard while I was getting food (!). I sat back down at the table and decided to ignore the placard thinking it a mistake. But She came over and I expected her to say "sorry, I didn't realize you hadn't left" but instead said, "sir sorry, I have a family of 4 coming and so if you would please move". Suffice to say I immediately just left the lounge dumbfounded and angered that their staff could pull such calculated breach of service. I called AMEX to complain and got an "apology, we'll look into this", and "well, the lounge access is complementary, sir" as their response. This for $450 fee paid. I'm disgusted with AMEX for this, and unless something changes, will not be renewing the card. So much for "making things right" or "satisfaction as important". A fleecing experience....

Last edited by mia; Feb 24, 2017 at 7:41 pm Reason: Redact lounge employee's name per FT rules.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 8:22 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by pc95
I had a long wait for a flight from afternoon to evening, and so was looking forward to using this SEA Centurion lounge today. I'd had ok to good expereinces before - not today. ....
Welcome to Seattle, where everything is over-crowded, over capacity, and getting worse with every passing day. Expect more of this ahead. It's not just the lounge.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.