Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SEA (Opened 30 June 2015; Expanded 22 March 2017; Again in 2022)

Old Feb 6, 2017, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
New Seattle Centurion Lounge is scheduled to open by August 2022. [Employee response from late May 2022]
From SEA Volunteer Newsletter (Nov. 9 '22): estimated to open in 2023.

Denied Entry/waitlist Date/Day of week/Time:

WAITLIST: May 17, 2019 Friday, 9AM, 10-15 minutes waiting time.
WAITLIST: Oct 9, 2019 Wednesday, 230PM, 15 minutes waiting time.

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SEA (Opened 30 June 2015; Expanded 22 March 2017; Again in 2022)

Old Sep 18, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: AS
Currently in SEA Centurion lounge now. No wait to enter. Warm food offerings for lunch . homemade Mac and cheese, pesto chicken Breast and Rice Pilaf. Great cookies and gluten free brownies. This much first day for this menu, staff came out to check out the food, hoping some will be left when they can take a break. Better then what will be offered in F on AS,I am sure. Bar staff are doing a great job.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 6:20 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by pcoll
Currently in SEA Centurion lounge now. No wait to enter. Warm food offerings for lunch . homemade Mac and cheese, pesto chicken Breast and Rice Pilaf. Great cookies and gluten free brownies. This much first day for this menu, staff came out to check out the food, hoping some will be left when they can take a break. Better then what will be offered in F on AS,I am sure. Bar staff are doing a great job.
Sounds a lot better than the usual cold sandwiches, and even a step above the marinara pasta and meatballs. But still seems to be sticking around the pasta and protein offerings. Must be the best they can do with the kitchen they are currently working out of (hopefully it's the Beecher's kitchen ).
Old Oct 10, 2018, 5:51 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stopped in last Sunday at 1 PM. It was less crowded than I'm used to (I got a table in the bar to myself though was quickly joined by two others) and they have an Oktoberfest type food theme going on which meant good food (chicken brats with mustard were excellent). I will say that the bartenders here are some of the friendliest and best in the system...so the club has that going for it.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 8:31 am

Programs: Various

Was there this morning and it was nice and quiet.

A gift of a pair of Master & Dynamic headphones was gracefully delivered to the reserved table I was sitting at. Nice surprise from the staff. Not heard of them before, but looking them up shows great review!
Old Oct 13, 2018, 9:55 pm

Programs: Amex,AS,DL,Marriott,Hilton
Tried to get in on 10/10 around 10:30 AM, and was told there was a waiting list and to come back in 20 minutes. Didn't bother me. When I went back, there were plenty of seats
Old Oct 15, 2018, 10:35 am

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Awesome gift! Was this with a Centurion card (assuming yes since that's generally what gets one of the "reserved" tables)? If so, I'll have to make an effort to swing by when I go to SEA next week
Old Oct 16, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by brosnan6
Awesome gift! Was this with a Centurion card (assuming yes since that's generally what gets one of the "reserved" tables)? If so, I'll have to make an effort to swing by when I go to SEA next week
Yes it was; SEA is my home Centurion Lounge, I visit probably 1-2 times a month at the moment. Theyve given a few other gifts too over the years.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by RichardMannion

Yes it was; SEA is my home Centurion Lounge, I visit probably 1-2 times a month at the moment. Theyve given a few other gifts too over the years.
Also got this in SFO and LAS.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 3:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Nothing for this plat member... except denied access upon arrival. I usually would use this as an arrival lounge for a few minutes- but one needed a departure within 3 hours to gain access then. I'd be in and out under 5 minutes. Thanks AMEX

This was at 12:30 PM on the 10th of October.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
Nothing for this plat member... except denied access upon arrival. I usually would use this as an arrival lounge for a few minutes- but one needed a departure within 3 hours to gain access then. I'd be in and out under 5 minutes. Thanks AMEX

This was at 12:30 PM on the 10th of October.
Sounds like theyre almost asking for folks to abuse boarding pass generators or fully refundable tickets for that kind of thing. Ive ended up using a paid Alaska Lounge membership as an arrival lounge. It works for coffee, but not for a shower.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 12:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by billatq

Sounds like theyre almost asking for folks to abuse boarding pass generators or fully refundable tickets for that kind of thing. Ive ended up using a paid Alaska Lounge membership as an arrival lounge. It works for coffee, but not for a shower.
I was off a shorter flight that day so didn't even think about the shower on arrival feature of this lounge. I've used this several times before in SEA.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Nice for once

Got here at 11.30am and barely half full for past hour. So quiet and civilized. Big wigs coming here in a few days to look at overcrowding. Took the opportunity to render my opinion - one free guest maximum per member regardless of age.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 2:26 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
Took the opportunity to render my opinion - one free guest maximum per member regardless of age.
An easy and simple remedy.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 3:00 pm

Is there a Caucasian lady who is generally rude, or is it just my experience?
Today when checking in she repeatedly asked for my boarding pass, louder and louder each time. I said I gave you my boarding pass. She said she needed a time (because the app boarding pass doesn't actually show a time), even though there was no sign out saying the 3 hour before departure thingy (she explained they are taking a survey for informational purposes).
I don't recall exactly who it was last time, a different Caucasian lady, who told my friends (on different flights, I guested them in) that they would have to leave when I leave, and she'd be watching them. Seriously?

Is this for amex cardholders or not? What kind of customer service is this?
Old Oct 30, 2018, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
Got here at 11.30am and barely half full for past hour. So quiet and civilized. Big wigs coming here in a few days to look at overcrowding. Took the opportunity to render my opinion - one free guest maximum per member regardless of age.
People won't like that.
What you should say is 1 guest for platinum, 2 for centurion, and most people on FT would accept it, as "elite status" benefits.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.