Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SEA (Opened 30 June 2015; Expanded 22 March 2017; Again in 2022)

Old Feb 6, 2017, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
New Seattle Centurion Lounge is scheduled to open by August 2022. [Employee response from late May 2022]
From SEA Volunteer Newsletter (Nov. 9 '22): estimated to open in 2023.

Denied Entry/waitlist Date/Day of week/Time:

WAITLIST: May 17, 2019 Friday, 9AM, 10-15 minutes waiting time.
WAITLIST: Oct 9, 2019 Wednesday, 230PM, 15 minutes waiting time.

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SEA (Opened 30 June 2015; Expanded 22 March 2017; Again in 2022)

Old Jul 14, 2015, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Nice report! Is there a toaster?
There is. Four slots.

I toasted a split scone, and put butter on half and blackberry jam on the other half. Really good.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 9:28 am
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
Visited here for the first time this week. Nice space. Much smaller than the other Centurion lounges.
Breakfast spread was fine.
My only comments would be that every utensil, plate, bowl, cup, etc.. is disposable paper. I don't work for Green Peace, but honestly, the amount of waste and garbage is incredible. There are no reusable utensils, cups, etc.. in the lounge. It also cheapens the image in my opinion.
Finally, I noticed the height of the bar stools for single seating against the counter at the window seem very low, relative to the height of the counter.
Just my two cents.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 11:46 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by GB
My only comments would be that every utensil, plate, bowl, cup, etc.. is disposable paper. I don't work for Green Peace, but honestly, the amount of waste and garbage is incredible. There are no reusable utensils, cups, etc.. in the lounge. It also cheapens the image in my opinion.
I agree with this on all counts. It was kind of disappointing.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 4:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by GB
I hear they're compostable. Though in the grand scheme of things it's still a bit of a waste, and it's unclear if they're disposed of properly.

(I remember seeing a janitor empty a recycling bin into the garbage at ORD, which reminded me never to trust recycling and composting themes in such public places.)
Old Jul 16, 2015, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by Pat+
I hear they're compostable. Though in the grand scheme of things it's still a bit of a waste, and it's unclear if they're disposed of properly.

(I remember seeing a janitor empty a recycling bin into the garbage at ORD, which reminded me never to trust recycling and composting themes in such public places.)
Compostable stuff is pretty common in the PNW. Given that they take the plates away, I'd be surprised if they aren't put in a compost bin. This is also another way to save space if you don't have space for an industrial dishwasher.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 6:25 pm

I had a layover yesterday from about 5:30 to 7:00 and checked out both the Centurion Studio and the Board Room. Both were packed. Only the less than comfortable barstool like chairs in the Centurion, and lines waiting for the two unisex bathrooms. The food was decent, and the space is nice -- small but a little larger than I expected from reading reviews. The biggest problem was the internet -- virtually unusable. Maybe this was a one-off. Worth monitoring. The Board Room was equally packed and a bit of a mess, and the food isn't as good. But the internet was good, and I found a comfy chair. There's pretty good food in the SEA airport if you're hungry, and the free offerings at the Centurion aren't enough to make me want to go back. It's not a destination lounge -- one that I would go out of my way to visit -- like the DFW and LAS Centurion Lounges. The 5:00 to 7:00 hour, I'm sure, pushes all clubs to their limit, so I'd like to see it when it's less busy. Can't see myself going back, though.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 7:24 pm

There right now-I like the snack spread, which is more extensive than the AS BR, though I wish the studio would have either something warm or maybe a salad bar in addition to the veggie + ranch on the side. For some reason it's not crowded here right now and the wifi seems to be pretty responsive
Old Jul 17, 2015, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
So wait, even the alcoholic beverages, wines, etc. are poured in disposable cups? If so, that's a pretty big disappointment and hopefully only something temporary.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 2:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by cmd320
So wait, even the alcoholic beverages, wines, etc. are poured in disposable cups? If so, that's a pretty big disappointment and hopefully only something temporary.
And below what the AS BR offers (since we're comparing the products).

Haven't been thru SEA since this opened yet.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 5:16 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Originally Posted by cmd320
I was in there Monday night and had proper glassware for wine, and a really nice glass if I remember correctly. I didn't drink any beer but it was definitely being served to others in glassware. The cups out on the counter for water were plastic, as stated by others.

The salted caramel candy was delicious, but otherwise the evening food spread is extremely underwhelming!
Old Jul 18, 2015, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by brosnan6
I was in there Monday night and had proper glassware for wine, and a really nice glass if I remember correctly. I didn't drink any beer but it was definitely being served to others in glassware. The cups out on the counter for water were plastic, as stated by others.

The salted caramel candy was delicious, but otherwise the evening food spread is extremely underwhelming!
Thank you for the clarification and that is a relief to know. Hopefully I'll get to try out the Studio soon, though no foreseeable travel to SEA at the moment.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I haven't seen mention of power ports (sockets) at these three locations.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I haven't seen mention of power ports (sockets) at these three locations.
At the Centurion, there is a row of barstool like chairs under a window, and they have lots of plugs, but it was harder to find them near the comfy lounge like chairs.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 9:45 pm

Programs: AS
We will check it out on Thursday. Update and review to follow
Old Jul 21, 2015, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by lkar
I had a layover yesterday from about 5:30 to 7:00...

Do you mean AM or PM?

Last edited by mia; Jul 21, 2015 at 3:18 pm Reason: Prune quotation

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.