Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SEA (Opened 30 June 2015; Expanded 22 March 2017; Again in 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2017, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
New Seattle Centurion Lounge is scheduled to open by August 2022. [Employee response from late May 2022]
From SEA Volunteer Newsletter (Nov. 9 '22): estimated to open in 2023.

Denied Entry/waitlist Date/Day of week/Time:

WAITLIST: May 17, 2019 Friday, 9AM, 10-15 minutes waiting time.
WAITLIST: Oct 9, 2019 Wednesday, 230PM, 15 minutes waiting time.

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SEA (Opened 30 June 2015; Expanded 22 March 2017; Again in 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2015, 12:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

After visiting the MIA Lounge, I find the SEA quite a letdown. Yes I know its a studio...but not even a bar.

And the lack of a shower still... Hope there are plans for an upgrade in the future.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

After visiting the MIA Lounge, I find the SEA quite a letdown. Yes I know its a studio...but not even a bar.

And the lack of a shower still... Hope there are plans for an upgrade in the future.
No bar, but the "waiters/waitresses" will get you whatever you want to drink.

Last time I was in SEA studio last month, I had an awkward, embarrassing moment, where I walked into an occupied bathroom and I walked out of the studio and straight to my gate. So remember to lock the bathroom doors when in use.
If that lady is an FTer, sorry.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 1:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by hiima
No bar, but the "waiters/waitresses" will get you whatever you want to drink.
Only beer and wine is advertised- so not sure they have much else. Even the AS BR has some gut rot hard stuff
Old Nov 9, 2015, 1:04 am

I noticed there was soup there for the first time this past friday in the evening-some bean and veggie soup. Is it me or has that not always been there before?
Old Nov 10, 2015, 2:25 pm

I think that would be new.

Taking a page from AS and others?
Old Nov 12, 2015, 10:02 am

Dropped in this morning. There are now little bacon and egg quiches without the pastry shell. I think they win for my new favorite item in the lounge.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 12:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by billatq
Dropped in this morning. There are now little bacon and egg quiches without the pastry shell. I think they win for my new favorite item in the lounge.
I'm a big fan of more gluten free options that don't suck!
Old Nov 12, 2015, 2:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by CRAZ8
I'm a big fan of more gluten free options that don't suck!
I'm a big fan of any options that don't suck.

Regards
Old Nov 12, 2015, 4:28 pm

Anyone going to be there tomorrow morning? I can guest someone in if necessary.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 2:34 am

Glad to see they are slowly adding items.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...boardroom.html

Yes its open at last!

And there is a rumor of a 3rd BR coming in late 2016 for the C gates...
Old Nov 20, 2015, 7:53 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, UA, AA ExPlat, AS, HHonors Diamond, Avis Preferred, Marriott, Priority Pass
With a planned 3rd AS boardroom and 2nd SkyClub, what are the chances that the studio be converted to a lounge with full bar and hot entrees?
Old Nov 22, 2015, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by naswi
With a planned 3rd AS boardroom and 2nd SkyClub, what are the chances that the studio be converted to a lounge with full bar and hot entrees?
I'd hope AMEX is watching...its losing ground quickly in SEA ironically.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 7:01 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by naswi
I don't think American Express sees airline lounges as competitors, especially in the case of AS and DL lounges which Centurion and Platinum cardholders can use.

Depends why they made the original choice to open a Studio at SEA rather than a Lounge.

If it's was a space constraint, is there good evidence that this has changed?

On the other hand, they may have chosen SEA merely to test the Studio concept, and it could remain open, or be modified, or closed, as they complete the evaluation.

Last edited by mia; Nov 22, 2015 at 7:34 am
Old Nov 22, 2015, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by beckoa

I'd hope AMEX is watching...its losing ground quickly in SEA ironically.
Actually, for its Platinum cardholders, it will provide lounge access pretty much everywhere in the airport - A, B, C, D, N and S.

Out of general curiosity, are SEA airport lounges permitted under WA liquor laws to permit self-pour bars? I've never seen one @ SEA (although I've never been in the BA lounge).
Old Nov 23, 2015, 10:38 am
`X'

Programs: QFF NB, DJ Gold, A3 Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver, Carlson Silver, A|Club Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Actually, for its Platinum cardholders, it will provide lounge access pretty much everywhere in the airport - A, B, C, D, N and S.

Out of general curiosity, are SEA airport lounges permitted under WA liquor laws to permit self-pour bars? I've never seen one @ SEA (although I've never been in the BA lounge).
WA Liquor laws prevent self service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.