Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 26, 2020, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone
Thanks to SteveT.

To get your FICO Score: Account Services > Profile > Scroll down and click View FICO Score.

Print Wikipost

Amex offers free Experian Credit Score?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2019, 7:59 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Mine has switched back and forth a couple of times since Nov. or Dec. I bet they’re doing some sort of A-B testing.

If they’re actually moving everyone to the useless VantageScore, that’s a big downgrade. I suggest people write in to complain.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 8:03 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by roundtree
....questioned the reports about FICO scores disappearing when they first came out.....
Thank you for the reminder. I have merged with the earlier reports.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 6:46 pm

I no longer have a link labeled "View FICO Score". My link now says "Free Credit Score & Report" instead.
I have had both links since I got my first US card in July last year. However the FICO link didn't show a score until January this year (I believe this happened after my 6-month mark).
Old Jan 26, 2019, 7:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by FlugE
I have had both links since I got my first US card in July last year. However the FICO link didn't show a score until January this year (I believe this happened after my 6-month mark).
Right; there’s no FICO score until the person has at least a 6-month credit history.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 5:27 am

Programs: WN A-List Pref, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Since it's apparent that AMEX is shifting away from Experian to Transunion, I wonder whether we'll start to see more hard pulls transition that way too? I looked at the CreditPulls database to check, but there's no real evidence for that yet.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:43 am

Since it's apparent that AMEX is shifting away from Experian to Transunion, I wonder whether we'll start to see more hard pulls transition that way too? I looked at the CreditPulls database to check, but there's no real evidence for that yet.
This change likely has nothing to do with where they'll pull from. What they're really transitioning to is providing Card Members with the much cheaper VantageScore instead of FICO 8 from Experian. It's a benefit devaluation.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 11:55 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by pallhedge
This change likely has nothing to do with where they'll pull from. What they're really transitioning to is providing Card Members with the much cheaper VantageScore instead of FICO 8 from Experian. It's a benefit devaluation.
When going via the Amex app, it still says FICO score.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 2:10 pm

Amex offers two different credit scores and I think some people are mixing them up since Amex tend to change the positioning of the links.

Both app and web page offer FICO 8 from Experian, updated monthly. The web version can be tricky to find sometimes but it should always be available quite far down on the "Account Services" tab as "View FICO Score". This is only the score without any detailed breakdowns. This is also the score Amex claim they are using.

The web page also offers "Free Credit Score & Report" from TransUnion. It is using VantageScore 3.0 and is updated weekly. This report is similar to Credit Karma et.al. with detailed breakdown of the scoring parameters. This is for "educational" purposes.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 4:30 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
has the quick Fico score been removed from the account section?

I recall previously somewhere on the amex (usa) website, I could click and it would give me my fico score. I specifically am NOT referring to the "my Credit guide" section.

I can't sign up for that section because I dont have a SSN, so now, without access to that I cant monitor my fico score any more. I've been all over the site, including the site map and cant see anywhere now that will reveal my fico any more
Old Nov 19, 2019, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...

It’s under Account Services for me.
sdix, aceman and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 3:41 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Check under Account Services
Old Nov 20, 2019, 5:02 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Thanks, I see it now, on safari, on chrome that entire account services page kept refusing to load!
Old Dec 11, 2020, 4:40 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

I have a Platinum Card. Has access to the FICO 8 score (Experian, IIRC) in Account Services been removed?

I only see View Credit Score and that link takes me to the MyCredit Guide and VantageScore 3.0.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 6:18 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by dayone
I have a Platinum Card. Has access to the FICO 8 score (Experian, IIRC) in Account Services been removed?

I only see View Credit Score and that link takes me to the MyCredit Guide and VantageScore 3.0.
If the Platinum is like any other MR card, the EX 8 hasn't been there for more than two years. You can however get it for free directly from Experian.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 9:11 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by vanillabean
If the Platinum is like any other MR card, the EX 8 hasn't been there for more than two years. You can however get it for free directly from Experian.
It was definitely there in the last month or two. Also note the earlier posts referencing its availability as late as August.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.