Amex offers free Experian Credit Score?

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 26, 20, 8:20 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: dayone
Wiki Link
Thanks to SteveT.

To get your FICO Score: Account Services > Profile > Scroll down and click View FICO Score.

Print Wikipost

Old Sep 3, 15, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by brisavmn View Post
I re-read what I wrote and just in case I wasn't clear with how I typed it, you don't have to remove yourself as an actual AU, just remove the AU from online access within your account. It's a check box so it's pretty easy to remove from online access. You could always add online access back easily enough too. Just a thought.
Where do you see it as a check box?

When I go to Profile > Card Management > Remove Card from Online Management, it's a muti-step process to remove my own card from online access, and I imagine another multi-step process to re-add it. A bit of a hassle for 6 different cards.

Besides, the point is that I shouldn't have to fiddle with my acct settings just for Amex to push out an update to their website that they've already informed me about.
Old Sep 4, 15, 8:00 am

Just give it time. I thought about doing this, but this morning I logged in and I had the new amex site with my fico score available.
Old Sep 4, 15, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by pointvortex View Post
Just give it time. I thought about doing this, but this morning I logged in and I had the new amex site with my fico score available.
Mine too!

Although, last night I called Amex again and eventually got to their web support team, who spend 10 minutes looking at my accounts before saying that there was an technical error and that they had opened a ticket to get it manually fixed.
Old Sep 7, 15, 11:20 am

Programs: UA, VA, DL, SPG
I have the new layout and I was able to get my FICO score today. Awesome!
Old Mar 15, 16, 2:30 pm

Thumbs down Amex FICO Benefit Nonexistant

My wife's Hilton Amex has a built in FICO score benefit. The first month of her card membership it worked fine. However for the past 3-4 months, it has not displayed her FICO score but instead says it us unavailable and directs her to annualcreditreport.com.

We have called Amex and they said they cannot do anything it is FICO's issue. Has anyone had the same problem and is there a fix? Thanks.
Old Mar 17, 16, 7:31 am

Amex FICO score down for anyone else?

Getting the following message:

"Sorry, your FICO® Score is unavailable at the moment."
Old Mar 17, 16, 7:47 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
I use two User ID's to segregate personal and business cards. The business login does not offer a FICO score. The personal login does have the FICO feature, and it is working now.

My spouse's User ID has a mix of personal and business cards. Her FICO score is also working, and is better than mine .
Old Jan 13, 19, 6:23 am

Programs: Hilton LT diamond, Hyatt diamond, Marriott LTte, AA LT plat, Seabourn diamond elite
At least for me, Equifax has been replaced by Transunion for obtaining credit score. That's a downgrade.
Old Jan 13, 19, 7:46 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by hedoman View Post
At least for me, Equifax has been replaced by Transunion for obtaining credit score. That's a downgrade.
Mine shows Experian.

There's also a link for a free credit report, I haven't checked to see if it's an intro offer for a paid service, or if I would really get a free report every so often. I have the regular Platinum card and the Delta co-branded Platinum credit card.
Old Jan 13, 19, 8:33 am

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Bombay Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by hedoman View Post
When I look at my Gold card profile, it shows the option for obtaining the Transunion Vantage 3.0 score.

When I check my Plat card profile, I still have the Experian FICO score.
Old Jan 13, 19, 1:19 pm
Xlr

Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
On the mobile app, I see the same Experian page we've had for a while.

On the website, I see a link to sign up for some Transunion thing (Amex Plat as well as Amex Delta Gold - both personal).

I already get a TransUnion score from Chase, as well as a TransUnion score from BofA, so I'd rather keep my free Equifax score from Amex as long as possible. Unless there is good reason to switch?
Old Jan 25, 19, 9:21 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Getting your "free" credit score now requires answering a bunch of intrusive question

They are asking for your full name and email and then asking for date of birth, address, previous address (if at the current one less than six months), and social security number.

To get this info you must also agree to let them send you spam marketing emails going forward as well as mandatory arbitration in case of disagreement.

First of all, doesn't Amex already have virtually all the required info? Secondly, what is the reason for this new intrusion? Guess I'll have to get my credit rating somewhere else going forward because I don't want to be spammed by Amex.
Old Jan 26, 19, 3:30 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Where are you seeing this? I login to americanexpress.com > Account Services > View FICO score and it appears with no questions.
Old Jan 26, 19, 7:08 am

Programs: WN A-List Pref, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mia View Post
Where are you seeing this? I login to americanexpress.com > Account Services > View FICO score and it appears with no questions.
I have the same as @RichardInSF now. It must be slowly rolling out, because I questioned the reports about FICO scores disappearing when they first came out.

I no longer have a link labeled "View FICO Score". My link now says "Free Credit Score & Report" instead.
RichardInSF likes this.
Old Jan 26, 19, 7:11 am

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Bombay Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Same. Just happened today on my Plat. Switched over about a week ago on my Gold card.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: