Amex offers free Experian Credit Score?

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 26, 20, 8:20 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: dayone
Wiki Link
Thanks to SteveT.

To get your FICO Score: Account Services > Profile > Scroll down and click View FICO Score.

Print Wikipost

Old Aug 16, 15, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by RXSF View Post
Got mine this week too. It is different from the FICO score I see on my Discover IT card
Amex and Discover use the same FICO model. The difference is that the Amex score is from Experian and the Discover score is from TransUnion. If one report has more inquiries, or more recent inquiries, the scores can be different.
Old Aug 16, 15, 2:35 pm
rev

I've heard this was coming for a while but just saw it last week. Looks like it does use a soft pull. Nice to finally get one from the borough that has the most inquiries.
Old Aug 18, 15, 8:37 am

This feature just appeared on my account. I have a Biz Plat and Old Blue Cashback. It appeared on the Old Blue card page only.
Old Aug 18, 15, 11:22 am

This is a good feature. My FICO Experian score on AMEX is the same as the FICO Experian score on my recent BOA Alaska approval letter.
Old Aug 19, 15, 2:07 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, AS, UA, WN; Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, SPG
Mine just appeared two days ago as well. Nice that I now get free fico scores from Transunion (Discover), Equifax (Citi) and Experian (AMEX).
Old Aug 19, 15, 8:30 am

I see it on mine. I had not noticed it before. I have PRG and EveryDay. It is on the home page, lower right side.

Instantaneous score
Old Aug 19, 15, 3:43 pm

Seems to be rolling out to many more people lately. I've been checking compulsively for months and finally had a score available yesterday.
Old Aug 20, 15, 5:43 pm

Programs: United, AA, Alaska, SPG, Hyatt, Chase, Citi
Yup, this is now showing up in my account as well. Have SPG and Blue Cash Preferred.
Old Aug 25, 15, 12:43 am

August 20 must have been the launch for (all?) American Express members: Wall Street Journal
Old Aug 26, 15, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Wyfind View Post
August 20 must have been the launch for (all?) American Express members: Wall Street Journal
Not all, as I still don't have it. I have a Plat, Blue Cash, DL Plat, and Corporate Green on my acct...
Old Aug 27, 15, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
appeared about a week ago on Plat..time to buy a new car!
Old Aug 28, 15, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by gooselee View Post
Not all, as I still don't have it. I have a Plat, Blue Cash, DL Plat, and Corporate Green on my acct...
Once I removed all AUs from online access, both me as an AU on my wife's account and her as an AU on my account, the FICO option (and new website version) appeared. If you are an AU or have AUs, try this and see what happens.
Old Aug 31, 15, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by brisavmn View Post
Once I removed all AUs from online access, both me as an AU on my wife's account and her as an AU on my account, the FICO option (and new website version) appeared. If you are an AU or have AUs, try this and see what happens.
That seems like a giant PITA, since Mrs. Lee is an AU on three of my cards and I'm an AU on two of hers.

Today I received an email from Amex saying they were discontinuing the "My Credit Score & Report" thing they did once a year. At the bottom it says:
Basic Card Members now have access to their FICO® Score at americanexpress.com. Please log in to your American Express online account to access this feature.
I logged in, still didn't see the link, and started online chat. Rep claims that since I've received the email, that means my acct is in the process of being transitioned and I should have the new layout/link within 24 hours.

We'll see what happens. What's slightly annoying is that they forced the Beta of teh new website on me last fall, claiming it was a "sneak peek" for Plat card holders. That took some getting used to but was mostly fine - just odd that they'd now delay the push of a new feature with actual, tangible value.
Old Sep 2, 15, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I logged in, still didn't see the link, and started online chat. Rep claims that since I've received the email, that means my acct is in the process of being transitioned and I should have the new layout/link within 24 hours.
Update, 2.5 days later and still nothing. Looks like they're getting a phone call next time I get a chance...
Old Sep 3, 15, 9:54 am

That seems like a giant PITA, since Mrs. Lee is an AU on three of my cards and I'm an AU on two of hers.
I re-read what I wrote and just in case I wasn't clear with how I typed it, you don't have to remove yourself as an actual AU, just remove the AU from online access within your account. It's a check box so it's pretty easy to remove from online access. You could always add online access back easily enough too. Just a thought.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: