Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 23, 2016, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
50,000 Membership Rewards® points
after you spend $5,000 in qualifying purchases on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/s...rdfromopen-lm#

TARGETED (must login):
75,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $5,000 on qualifying purchases:
https://www262.americanexpress.com/b...104-1-CAPOBGRC
clicking on this link brings up page: "At this time this offer is no longer available." (8/25/17)
Print Wikipost

Amex Business Gold Rewards 75k and 50k links

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2017, 11:39 am

When did they stop letting chat reps close business cards? Now you have to call.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 2:13 pm

Just got a 75k/$5k mailer from a someone else that I'm planning on using.

RSVP and zip pulls up the application just fine, but I don't see any language about the bonus on the application page. Pulling the full "Offer Terms" only lists the waived annual fee as an offer.

I'm very wary of this, since I'm applying for my wife and she's never held the card before. If there's a chance the bonus isn't attached to the offer, I might just go for the public 50k one...

Is this standard for RSVP offers?

Edit: decided just to apply. Instant approval and confirmed 75k offer via chat after approval.

Last edited by osmantrex; Jul 20, 2017 at 9:29 pm Reason: Followup
Old Aug 4, 2017, 11:27 am

50k bonus offers are actively being advertised, but I'm still waiting for a 75k bonus. If anyone sees a 75k bonus (that's not a targeted mailer), please let me know. Thanks!
Old Sep 5, 2017, 11:52 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
I saw a link under my Amex Personal Plat card for the 75k BGR card. I couldn't find any language limiting the bonus and signed up. I have copied below the language on the app:

Welcome Offer
As a special offer you can earn 75,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $5,000 on qualifying purchases with the Business Gold Rewards Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership. Your application must be received by December 10, 2017 to be eligible for this offer.1

Choose to get more where you spend more:
3X points on one category of your choice from the list below:
-Airfare purchased directly from airlines
-U.S. purchases for advertising in select media
-U.S. purchases at gas stations
-U.S. purchases for shipping
-U.S. computer hardware, software, and cloud computing purchases made directly from select providers
2X points on the 4 remaining categories
1X points on other purchases
Terms and limitations apply.2 3X and 2X apply to the first $100,000 in purchases in each of the 5 categories per year, 1X point per dollar thereafter.
> See Additional Benefits
$0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $175.3
Rates & Fees
Print | Secure Connection
Applying is Quick and Easy.
Just enter your information below, confirm, and apply. Get a decision in 60 Seconds.
Need more time? Save & Apply later
Email Address*

TELL US ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS
Legal Business Name*
Business Address Line 1*
Business Address Line 2
Zip*
Business Phone Number*
Industry Type*Company Structure*Annual Business Revenue*Years in Business*Number of Employees*
Federal Tax ID*
Estimated Monthly Spending

Business Home
*Required Information
1 To be eligible to earn additional points, your application must be received by December 10, 2017 and you must charge $5,000 of qualifying purchases* during the first 3 months of membership on an eligible Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN. Qualifying purchases can be made by the Basic Card Member and any Additional Card Members on a single Card Account. Limit one offer per Card Account. Offer may not be combined with any other special offer. If your application is not received by 12/10/2017, we will not process your application even if we later receive your application. American Express reserves the right to modify or revoke offer at any time. You can earn 75,000 additional points after you spend $5,000 or more in qualifying purchases on your Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership starting from the date your account is approved. In rare instances, your period to spend $5,000 may be shorter than 3 months if there is a delay in receiving your Card. Also, purchases may fall outside of the 3 month period in some cases, such as a delay in merchants submitting transactions to us or if the purchase date differs from the date you made the transaction. (For example, if you buy goods online, the purchase date may be the date the goods are shipped). The 75,000 additional points will be credited to your Membership Rewards account 6-8 weeks after you have met the purchase requirement.

Terms and Conditions for the Membership Rewards® program apply. Visit membershiprewards.com/terms for more information. Participating partners and available rewards are subject to change without notice.

The value of Membership Rewards points varies according to how you choose to use them. To learn more, go to www.membershiprewards.com/pointsinfo.

*Qualifying purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, purchases of traveler's checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, or purchases of any cash equivalents. Additional terms and restrictions apply.

2 With your Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express, you get at least one Membership Rewards® point for each dollar you spend on your Card for eligible purchases. For the first $100,000 in eligible spending in each calendar year in each of the five categories specified below, you can get additional points, as follows: you can get: (1) 2 additional points (for a total of 3 points) in one category of your choice from the five categories specified below; and (2) 1 additional point (for a total of 2 points) in the remaining four categories. The five categories are: (1) airfare on a scheduled flight charged directly with passenger airlines (charter flights and private jet flights are excluded); (2) advertising purchased in the U.S. to promote your business online, on television, or on the radio; (3) gasoline at gas stations located in the U.S. (superstores, supermarkets and warehouse clubs that sell gasoline are not considered gas stations); (4) shipping services purchased in the U.S. for courier, postal, and freight; and (5) computer hardware, software, and cloud computing purchases in the U.S. made directly from select providers. (The current list of select computer hardware, software, and cloud computing providers is available at: americanexpress.com/rewards-info.) Eligible purchases in excess of $100,000 in the applicable category in a calendar year will receive only one point for each dollar spent on eligible purchases.

You may select the category in which to receive 3X points within the first two months of becoming a Card Member. Thereafter, you can change your selection only once during the annual selection period which runs from December 1st to January 31st each year. You can only change your category once annually. You can make your category selection by either calling the number on the back of your Card or going to open.com/businessgold. If you do not make a selection during the initial enrollment period, you will receive 3X points on airfare purchased directly from airlines. If you do not change your election during the annual selection period, your category will remain the same as the previous year. Only the Basic Card Member or Authorized Account Manager with Full Access may make the selection and their selection will apply to purchases made by all Card Members on the account.

Eligible purchases are purchases for goods and services minus returns and other credits. Eligible purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, purchases of travelers checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, or purchases of other cash equivalents. Additional terms and restrictions apply.

Merchants are assigned codes based on what they primarily sell. A purchase will not receive additional points if the merchant’s code is not eligible. Purchases made through third-parties (including resellers and online marketplaces) or through a third-party payment account will not receive additional points. A purchase may not receive additional points if the merchant submits the purchase using a mobile or wireless card reader or if you use a mobile or digital wallet.

3 $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $175.

4 ReceiptMatchSM and Connect to QuickBooks® are two separate business tools available with Business Cards from American Express OPEN that were created to work together. You must enroll in ReceiptMatch and in Connect to QuickBooks separately from your American Express online account. Connect to QuickBooks works with QuickBooks Online. For details and enrollment in ReceiptMatch, go to www.open.com/receiptmatch. Any QuickBooks Online screen shots © Intuit Inc. All rights reserved. Intuit, the Intuit logo, QuickBooks, and the QB logo are registered trademarks of Intuit Inc.

5 If eligible, you may be given the option to enroll in a Pay Over Time feature that allows you to pay certain purchases over time. If you choose to enroll in this feature, you will accrue interest on eligible purchases when you choose to carry a balance.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 12:04 pm

Guys - I applied for a 50k gold card last month and got it. Now I just got an offer for the 75k card. If I apply for it using a separate business name but same SSN which I also did with the first card since both are sole proprietorship, will I get the bonus on both cards for a total of 125k miles

thx
Old Sep 5, 2017, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by sam007
Guys - I applied for a 50k gold card last month and got it. Now I just got an offer for the 75k card. If I apply for it using a separate business name but same SSN which I also did with the first card since both are sole proprietorship, will I get the bonus on both cards for a total of 125k miles

thx
I really doubt it.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 1:27 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
... separate business name but same SSN which I
No, you are the applicant, not the business.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA, AA, BA

thx
My wife in spring got the 75/5 BRG from her online account and about 8 weeks later got another 75/5 BRG mailer and she got bonus for both. Neither obviously had previous holder language. YMMV.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 2:27 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by yztim
... Neither obviously had previous holder language. YMMV.
If the offer terms do not have the disqualification clause there would be no need to use a different business name.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA, AA, BA
Originally Posted by mia
If the offer terms do not have the disqualification clause there would be no need to use a different business name.
Agree, I was more giving a DP for 2 BRG close together and getting the bonus.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 8:57 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat; WoH Exp; AS Gold; AA Plat
75k MR sign up for BGR

Has anyone been able to get the 75k sign up offer for the Business Gold Rewards card recently? Unfortunately, for the last couple of years, my wife and I have stopped being targeted for AmEx sign up offers :-( I hear that some folks have used the incognito trick for higher sign ups, but that hasn't worked for us. Am 80k short for a family vacation next year and would welcome suggestions from the experts. TiA
Old Oct 13, 2017, 2:22 am

amex business gold

Last edited by flyerduude; Oct 27, 2017 at 10:22 am
Old Oct 13, 2017, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by diseased
When did they stop letting chat reps close business cards? Now you have to call.
If I close card at 1-year, will they take my points back? I have other MR cards. I don't want to pay fee
Old Nov 6, 2017, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by yztim
My wife in spring got the 75/5 BRG from her online account and about 8 weeks later got another 75/5 BRG mailer and she got bonus for both. Neither obviously had previous holder language. YMMV.
I am in the same boat applied using a targeted mailer in September and got approved for the 75k bonus points and just last week got another mailer for the same. so I should be fine for applying for the same card again? and will get the bonus since there is no restrictive language in the app?. The app expires on 12/01/17. Is there any Amex restriction on the number of total business cards? I have an SPG business card and a BRG as of now.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by CarlosRodrigue
If I close card at 1-year, will they take my points back? I have other MR cards. I don't want to pay fee
They have added a new clause that says that if you close the card within 12 months they will claw back your bonus Reward points. so you can wait till the annual fee posts to your account and then cancel it within 30 days and you should get the full refund or use your Reward points right away on gift cards, miles etc but I would advise you not to do that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.