Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 23, 2016, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
50,000 Membership Rewards® points
after you spend $5,000 in qualifying purchases on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/s...rdfromopen-lm#

TARGETED (must login):
75,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $5,000 on qualifying purchases:
https://www262.americanexpress.com/b...104-1-CAPOBGRC
clicking on this link brings up page: "At this time this offer is no longer available." (8/25/17)
Print Wikipost

Amex Business Gold Rewards 75k and 50k links

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:16 pm

Any FT'ers willing to share an extra RSVP code for the 75K/$5K offer?

I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to get targeted for AMEX business offers and would be very grateful.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
I clicked on the link in the wiki, and it took me to a 75,000 point offer that is valid until June 30, 2017. It prompts for a login.

Now, the 75K offer that expired earlier this year also required a login. So what I did was to go to the main AMEX login screen, and then login to my existing AMEX account. Then when I followed the link in the wiki, I saw immediately that I wasn't targeted. But I was able to do this without logging in on the link in the wiki.

So I tried that method this time. I logged into my AMEX online account, and then followed the link in the wiki. The new 75K link didn't recognize that I was already logged into the AMEX site, and prompted me to log in again.

I am confused as to why this is happening. I called the AMEX business card application number at 800 433 3550, and the agent wasn't very helpful. He gave me a very high pressure sales pitch for an offer with 75k bonus after $10,000 in spending in 3 months. He wouldn't stop talking, and I almost had to hang up on him. But I didn't know about the 75k with $10,000 spending offer.

Feedback is appreciated. Thanks.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 12:51 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I think I don't understand the question. When I click the link in the Wikipost and login as required I see this:

We are sorry, but you are not eligible for this offer. To learn about other offers that may be available to you, please call the number on the back of your Card. To go back to your account home page, click here.
What would be the purpose of logging in using a different sequence?
Old Mar 3, 2017, 1:28 pm

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
Got the 75K / 5K spend offer emailed to me as a pre-approval. Was going to skip it due to the high spend but then realized I have a couple of large reimbursed purchases coming up that will easily meet the minimum. Applied using the link in the email and got instant approval. Now need to set up the 3X category. Unfortunately, neither of the large purchases will fit in any of them...
Old Mar 3, 2017, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by mia
What would be the purpose of logging in using a different sequence?
Although the links in the Flyertalk threads have always been reliable, I also have gotten into the habit of logging onto the main site when possible. I try not to log into sites from e-mail links, either. It's just a redundancy I use for internet security.

One difference in this situation is that the computer I used with the expired offer used Windows 7 Home. The computer that I am on now is Windows 10 Pro. Maybe that explains the difference.

Thanks!
Old Mar 4, 2017, 11:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Anyone here have a data point to share on how long it took to get your bonus points? I hit the spend about 6 weeks ago on a targeted 75K offer. T&C say bonus will be issued 6-8 weeks after hitting the spend.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by dhuey
Anyone here have a data point to share on how long it took to get your bonus points? I hit the spend about 6 weeks ago on a targeted 75K offer. T&C say bonus will be issued 6-8 weeks after hitting the spend.
If it's your first MR card, up to two statements.

Mine just came in and usable about 3 days after min spend was met. The spend earning will still have to wait until after Statement close.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 8:59 am

I received a 50k with $2k spend mailer. Better to wait and hold out for a 75k with $3-5k spend offer? Don't think I've ever been offered a 75k-er and not sure how often they're posted online.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA GLD
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
I received a 50k with $2k spend mailer. Better to wait and hold out for a 75k with $3-5k spend offer? Don't think I've ever been offered a 75k-er and not sure how often they're posted online.
also check your offers for your cards. I saw one 75k with $5k spend couple of days ago.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 1:44 am

Received a targeted mailer for 75K/$10K spend at my home address today.

If I ignore it until the day before expiration, will Amex send me a better offer (e.g., 75K/$5K spend)?

Secondly, is it safe to change the name of the business the RSVP is targeted to? For example, the targeted mailer is addressed to Company XYZ, but when I enter the RSVP online, I realized I can actually changed the name of the company (i.e., box not greyed out). I was thinking of entering my own name instead, as sole proprietor. Address will remain unaltered.

Thank you.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by gnomey
Received a targeted mailer for 75K/$10K spend at my home address today.

If I ignore it until the day before expiration, will Amex send me a better offer (e.g., 75K/$5K spend)?

Secondly, is it safe to change the name of the business the RSVP is targeted to? For example, the targeted mailer is addressed to Company XYZ, but when I enter the RSVP online, I realized I can actually changed the name of the company (i.e., box not greyed out). I was thinking of entering my own name instead, as sole proprietor. Address will remain unaltered.

Thank you.
family member received 75k/5k spending, it expires tomorrow, we didn't get any other offers other than a platinum card, so waiting might produce a different card not necessarily a better offer, yet again i think 75/5 is the best offer they have so i would give your idea a shot.

my problem with these offers that the name is grayed out and i cannot edit them which is a shame.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 9:56 am

Is there any discussion I can read on people getting bonuses clawed back on this card? I just got mine a weeks ago and have been scared to MS. I know theres the discussion for the platinums
Old Apr 30, 2017, 1:42 pm

Programs: UA AA DL SW Marriott
Under one login, two different MR #s

My MR account goes back ages... Had BGR in the past.

Applied 75k/5k last month, done spending(organic), no points (which in the past always posts right away). The total point being 0 caught my attention as I have plenty of MR points. I then realized that this new BGR has its own MR #, (it also automatically picked a nickname as my 1st name that's quite different from my legal name that tied to MR #1 ).

funny thing - both MRs are under the same AMEX login. Other cards are tied to MR#1 , the BGR opened in March tied to MR#2.

I have an RSVP in the mail under my legal name for 75k/5k. Wondering if using this again can get me another 75K under MR#1 ?

I have LLC and EIN, which has never been used for BGR. Will using EIN help the chance of getting another 75K?

Thanks
Old May 7, 2017, 10:56 pm

Programs: UA, AA, BA
Will 2 different BRG cards both get bonus?

My wife applied for one about 60 days ago for 75k/5k in her offers, then about a week later got an email (and a card). She made the spend and got the 75K. She applied again through the email under different business name 5/2 and was approved. Any problems getting another 75K if she makes the spend? I couldn't find if amex will approve a card but not offer the bonus like chase.
thanks.
Old May 8, 2017, 12:53 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by yztim
... if amex will approve a card but not offer the bonus like chase.
They will, and changing the business name does not change bonus eligibility. American Express regards the individual, rather than he company, to be the applicant for liability and bonus purposes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.