Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 23, 2016, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
50,000 Membership Rewards® points
after you spend $5,000 in qualifying purchases on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/s...rdfromopen-lm#

TARGETED (must login):
75,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $5,000 on qualifying purchases:
https://www262.americanexpress.com/b...104-1-CAPOBGRC
clicking on this link brings up page: "At this time this offer is no longer available." (8/25/17)
Print Wikipost

Amex Business Gold Rewards 75k and 50k links

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2016, 9:27 pm

75k Business Gold offer

I already took the 100k business platinum offer. For people who do not use the RSVP code, do they sell them or just throw them out? Just curious on what to do with it.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by mia
If I were going to target someone it would not be an existing customer with a half dozen cards. Bonuses are not a reward, they are an incentive for new or incremental business.
@mia - thanks

I did get a 75k biz card incentive though I had one earlier this yr.

My question is how to meet the spending limit of $5k - since Amazon pay was closed, I did not find a alternative method.

Appreciate some tips and pointers.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 1:07 pm

I have a question. I received the targeted 75k Amex offer, but in the fine print, it states that "qualifying purchases do NOT include reloading of prepaid cards, or purchases of any cash equivalents".
Does this mean that manufactured spending tactics to meet the 5k minimum spend will not work with this card? If not, I will not apply for it, because I will not be able to spend 5k in 3 months.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 1:56 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by joer1212
...in the fine print, it states that "qualifying purchases do NOT include reloading of prepaid cards, or purchases of any cash equivalents"..
This language has been in the terms of every offer for several years. It is seldom enforced, but there are exceptions reported in THIS thread. I cannot say whether this is a permanent change in practice, or if American Express is only enforcing that provision for that specific offer which was not intended to be public.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by mia
This language has been in the terms of every offer for several years. It is seldom enforced, but there are exceptions reported in THIS thread. I cannot say whether this is a permanent change in practice, or if American Express is only enforcing that provision for that specific offer which was not intended to be public.
Hmm. Not sure if I should pull the trigger now.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 11:38 am

If I decline the Amex 75k targeted offer, will it affect future targeted offers from Amex? Will I drop off their mailing list or something?
Old Oct 2, 2016, 12:06 pm

Programs: WN A-List Pref, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by joer1212
Hmm. Not sure if I should pull the trigger now.
Given the number of reports of people getting their bonuses clawed back by Amex, complete with Financial Reviews, I wouldn't tempt fate. If you can't meet the spend organically, then I would recommend that you should pass. If you want the optimist POV, the MS forum would be the place to seek assistance.

That said, there are ways to meet the spend that others have mentioned as useful. I took Amex up on 100k Biz Plat offer and paid my estimated taxes for my business with it. Easily covered the 10k spend without breaking a sweat. I know there are other examples mentioned here, though I am failing to find the relevant threads (perhaps earlier in this one?).
Old Oct 2, 2016, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by roundtree
Given the number of reports of people getting their bonuses clawed back by Amex, complete with Financial Reviews, I wouldn't tempt fate. If you can't meet the spend organically, then I would recommend that you should pass. If you want the optimist POV, the MS forum would be the place to seek assistance.

That said, there are ways to meet the spend that others have mentioned as useful. I took Amex up on 100k Biz Plat offer and paid my estimated taxes for my business with it. Easily covered the 10k spend without breaking a sweat. I know there are other examples mentioned here, though I am failing to find the relevant threads (perhaps earlier in this one?).
Thanks, but I hope this doesn't mark the beginning of a new era, where cc companies crack down on ms. I haven't even started learning about this method of meeting minimum spends, and already the pie is disappearing.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 2:05 pm

My friend got targeted, says they have until Jan 27th 2017 to apply. Should my friend risk waiting that long to apply?
Old Oct 3, 2016, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by compddd
have until Jan 27th 2017 to apply. Should my friend risk waiting that long to apply?
I would be very surprised if Amex pulled the offer before that date.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 7:54 pm

Is there any information on if Amex will match a better sign up offer if a better ones becomes public after you signup?
Old Oct 3, 2016, 8:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by asur
Is there any information on if Amex will match a better sign up offer if a better ones becomes public after you signup?
They won't
Old Oct 10, 2016, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA, WN, Amex, ThankYou, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, SPG, SQ
I'm targeted for the 75k w/ $5k spend Business Gold Card offer without the language excluding previous card holders.

If I cancel my platinum card today/tomorrow to avoid the annual fee will my targeted offer for this Business Gold card go away?

I currently hold 4 personal Amex cards (Plat, Everyday Preferred, SPG, and Hilton no fee card).

If I'll still be targeted for the offer then I'll wait a bit to apply as I'll more easily be able to hit the minimum spend in Jan-March but if I risk losing the offer then I'll probably apply tonight.

Thx!
Old Oct 14, 2016, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by bleech2
I tried this link tonight and got the application to open after logging in. No "previous cardholder" language to be found...instantly approved. Previous Bus Gold closed Dec 2015. Thanks a bunch.
Data point: Just finished the spend on this card (all organic) and got the bonus points the next day.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 11:45 am

If I buy SAMs club GCs with this card, is it considered MS or not since it's not a visa/mc gc ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.