Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 23, 2016, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
50,000 Membership Rewards® points
after you spend $5,000 in qualifying purchases on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/s...rdfromopen-lm#

TARGETED (must login):
75,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $5,000 on qualifying purchases:
https://www262.americanexpress.com/b...104-1-CAPOBGRC
clicking on this link brings up page: "At this time this offer is no longer available." (8/25/17)
Print Wikipost

Amex Business Gold Rewards 75k and 50k links

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2015, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by dlandz
When people are presented with offers, the most they can be expected to do is read the terms as given to them. If there is any issue I will certainly appeal to the executive office and close out all of my accounts with them.
Let us know how that turns out.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 7:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Superorb
Let us know how that turns out.
Yes they confirmed the 75k $5k spend is tied to my account.. If it hadn't my argument would have been that the Gold Business card was replaced with an Enhanced Gold Business card (as evidenced by upgrade offers people received to switch to the newer card)

The 12-months condition doesn't appear in the terms for the mailed invite (although it may when you go through some of the public signup links, I'm not positive)

I should also note that while I did have the Gold Business card closed in April of 2014, I hadn't actually used the card since November or December 2013 (in case that makes any difference against the year if it is in place)
Old Feb 21, 2015, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by dlandz
Yes they confirmed the 75k $5k spend is tied to my account.. If it hadn't my argument would have been that the Gold Business card was replaced with an Enhanced Gold Business card (as evidenced by upgrade offers people received to switch to the newer card)

The 12-months condition doesn't appear in the terms for the mailed invite (although it may when you go through some of the public signup links, I'm not positive)

I should also note that while I did have the Gold Business card closed in April of 2014, I hadn't actually used the card since November or December 2013 (in case that makes any difference against the year if it is in place)
Ok, so Amex is counting the enhanced card as a different card from the non-enhanced card.

How do I know which card I have? I applied Jan 12th for the 75k/$10k offer.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
Ok, so Amex is counting the enhanced card as a different card from the non-enhanced card.

How do I know which card I have? I applied Jan 12th for the 75k/$10k offer.
I don't know if they're counting it different or if they're really not checking if you've had the same card.

In the applications which mention 12-months, they also mention the same thing of "one bonus per customer" or whatever it said.

I don't think there is a surefire answer, you can sign up through different methods which display 2 different terms. I only signed up because I got the invite
Old Feb 21, 2015, 12:25 pm

and I think the "enhanced" switchover was a long time ago. I had gotten my first card in jan 2013 and cancelled in april 2014
Old Feb 21, 2015, 2:04 pm

Received a snail mail targeted offer for the Business Gold 75k/5k. I plan on applying for it the day before the offer expires (3/24). Is that wise? I was approved for the Business Platinum last month.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by winsteven13
Received a snail mail targeted offer for the Business Gold 75k/5k. I plan on applying for it the day before the offer expires (3/24). Is that wise? I was approved for the Business Platinum last month.
I saw a post somewhere of someone having a little trouble when applying towards the end and had to show them the hard credit pull date prior to the promotion end date as evidence

It is always possible when you apply that it takes a few days to come to a decision, even if your credit is in easy standing to get approved. It took about a day for them to approve mine because they saw I already had an account (probably because I didn't sign in while signing up).. just be aware that you may need to be approved before that date to avoid any hassle.
Theoretically you shouldn't be able to get the bonus on 2 different business cards so it is definitely risky
Old Feb 23, 2015, 9:46 am

Pointscentric 75K non-enhanced Business Gold embedded link works as of 2/23/15

Applied on 2/23/15 using Pointscentric link embedded within this link at bottom. Landing page offer is 75K/$10K/90. $175AF waived year 1.

When approved, the browser message stated "approved for "Enhanced" card"". Received email within 30 minutes confirming "Approved for (non-enhanced) card" When I called to confirm offer and request expedite, CSR confirmed 75K/$10K/90 offer and confirmed "Non-enhanced" rather than "Enhanced"

As of 2/23/15, the link is sending the correct offer to AMEX systems. No need to notate any offer code in account.

Last edited by mia; Feb 23, 2015 at 9:53 am Reason: Remove broken link
Old Mar 2, 2015, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by Kadence
I did read that somewhere else so was hesitant to log in to my account. After a hour of deliberation I did it anyway and got the system down message... but there was a phone number to call on that message.

I called and talked to a great rep, telling him that I found this 75k offer online but when I tried to log into my account it gave me a # to call. I read the offer to him, specifically stating that the application had to be completed by March 3rd. He had found a different offer for 75k, 5k spend that was ending April 6 and said he'd explain benefits to me.... took forever, but he did take my info for the application. I wasn't approved while on the phone with him but he gave me the recon # and I called a few hours later. BINGO! The really nice guy in India verified some info, said I was approved and I asked him to confirm it was the 75k, 5k offer. He said yes and said he would have the card sent to me via UPS and I should have it in 2 days.
they claim the offer doesn't exist. do you know the offer code?
Old Mar 2, 2015, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by emkay
they claim the offer doesn't exist. do you know the offer code?
I wrote down 86N3 as the guy was giving his long speech but not really sure if that is it.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 5:20 pm

I got the 75K targeted email today. Good until 4/24/15. Last month I got a mail offer that was good until late-March. I've been waiting to sign-up to create distance from my last hard pull in late December.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by Mach5
I got the 75K targeted email today. Good until 4/24/15. Last month I got a mail offer that was good until late-March. I've been waiting to sign-up to create distance from my last hard pull in late December.
if you have one your not using, ill take it
Old Mar 3, 2015, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by emkay
if you have one your not using, ill take it
Dont believe those are transferable. . Hard to argue your case when points dont post...
Old Mar 3, 2015, 11:00 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
These offers have an RSVP code, not a Promo code. The RSVP is linked to the recipient's name.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Hilton Gold, SPG
another data point, my friend just called AMEX a few days ago and was able to get the 75K offer with 10K spending. The representative originally said he can't find anything, but when my friend mention that he saw the 75K offer online, he did another check and was able to find it.

So for those who are still looking, you can try to call...

Hope this helps..
Pete

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.