FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Blue Cash Whole Foods Market bonus 10.22.2014 - 2.15.2015 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1622541-blue-cash-whole-foods-market-bonus-10-22-2014-2-15-2015-a.html)

Mad_Max_Esq Oct 22, 2014 9:13 am

Blue Cash Whole Foods Market bonus 10.22.2014 - 2.15.2015

I did not see another thread about this, and do not know if it is only targeted, but I got an email this morning offering an extra 2% back at Whole Foods.

Excerpt from the email:

The holiday season is a wonderful time to enjoy family, friends and, of course, good food. That's why American Express and Whole Foods Market teamed up. Now through February 15, 2015, enjoy an extra 2% cash back when you shop at Whole Foods Market using your Blue Cash® Card.

lingzhou Oct 22, 2014 9:42 am

got the same email, disregarded, still have a lot of whole foods gift card to burn.

cowboyguy Oct 22, 2014 10:26 am

Just like the visa merchant code locator, is there any way to see which merchants are coded as Whole Foods by Amex?

I wonder if any of the grocery stores like Albertstons, Vons, Ralphs, Stater bros etc are coded as Whole Foods by Amex.

mia Oct 22, 2014 11:15 am

Originally Posted by cowboyguy (Post 23716874)
...Albertstons, Vons, Ralphs, Stater bros etc are coded as Whole Foods by Amex.

No. Whole Foods Market is the name of a supermarket chain. Click here:

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/list

tigerhunt2011 Oct 22, 2014 2:02 pm

I'll confirm this :) just saw a printed table-topper at the bistro tables when I ran in for a juice..

k81689 Oct 24, 2014 1:23 pm

If only if Whole Foods Market
1. carry prepaid visa/master GC
2. let you buy them with AXP

TayoBus Jan 12, 2015 9:07 pm

additional 2% cash back when shopping at Whole Foods til mid-February

I'm new to all this. Learning a TON from these forums; they're great.

So I signed up for a new credit card, the Amex Blue Cash Preferred, because my family easily spends plenty on groceries and 6% cash back on all that sounded great. Well, I got my card today and logged in online to learn you can get an additional 2% cash back when shopping at Whole Foods til mid-February! We do a lot of grocery shopping at Whole Foods. That's 8% cash back on groceries! Woo hoo!

iluvdoco Jan 13, 2015 4:51 am

I'm pretty sure this promotion has been ongoing for at least 4 months already. Might want to do a search...

But glad to hear you're saving $$! :)

TayoBus Jan 13, 2015 8:18 am

Originally Posted by iluvdoco (Post 24156101)
I'm pretty sure this promotion has been ongoing for at least 4 months already. Might want to do a search...

But glad to hear you're saving $$! :)

Yes, I know it started in October. I did a search and nothing came up (the results were gibberish - everything with the world whole or foods in it)... so that's why I posted. Next time I'll add a + between words and I won't just expect the search function to do that for me.

To add savings, you can buy by the case for items you like. They give a 10% discount at the register for items bought by the case.

mia Jan 13, 2015 8:48 am

Moderator explanation

Originally Posted by TayoBus (Post 24157035)
I did a search and nothing came up

I found the previous thread this way:

Click: Search this forum > Advanced search > Search Titles Only
Type: "whole" (include the quotation marks)
Press: <Enter>

takeshi74 Jan 13, 2015 1:32 pm

If any site's search feature isn't turning up desired hits try a site restricted Google search.

For this site just add site:flyertalk.com/forum to your keywords.