Search

AMEX + P.F. Chang's - up to $20 in free food

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2014, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
AMEX + P.F. Chang's - up to $20 in free food

Hey AMEX-holding Chinese food lovers,

AMEX is running an offer right now that gives a $10 statement credit when you spend $50 or more at P.F. Chang's. P.F. Chang's is running a standalone promotion that offers a $10 "bonus card" for every $50 spent on gift cards at P.F. Chang's (but the bonus card must be used through July 31st). If you used your AMEX to buy a Chang's gift card for $50, you could get a $10 statement credit and a $10 bonus card. That's $40 for $60 of food!

I know this isn't the biggest MS deal, and forgive me if I'm posting it in the wrong forum, but I figured it was a deal worth sharing.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 5:30 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by brewdog11

AMEX is running an offer right now that gives a $10 statement credit when you spend $50 or more at P.F. Chang's. P.F. Chang's is running a standalone promotion that offers a $10 "bonus card" for every $50 spent on gift cards at P.F. Chang's (but the bonus card must be used through July 31st). If you used your AMEX to buy a Chang's gift card for $50, you could get a $10 statement credit and a $10 bonus card. That's $40 for $60 of food!

I know this isn't the biggest MS deal, and forgive me if I'm posting it in the wrong forum, but I figured it was a deal worth sharing.
I love Changs. I'm on board. Not MS, but delicious.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 5:52 pm

Don't forget to pick up a coupon for this place on eBay as well. Another $10 off when you spend $50.

Buy $50 in food
Use coupon to make bill $40~
Tip back up so that it will post over $50.

Recently did something similar at Buca.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Thanks for alerting me to the eBay coupon! Between my roommates and I, we should get great use out of these offers.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 7:26 pm

Further down on OP's link...
WHAT ARE THE DATES FOR THIS PROMOTION?
The promotion is good on gift cards purchased at a P.F. Chang’s restaurant in the Contiguous U.S. (with the exception of the Atlanta airport), or online at www.pfchangs.com from 5/5/14 – 6/15/14, or while supplies last.
Usually "or while supplies last" means the promo might end sooner. Can anybody confirm that in this case it meant "we still had plenty on 6/15/14 and we really need to get rid of em, so the promo is still on"?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 7:33 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by brewdog11

Where do you see this offer?

I don't see it listed for either of my cards (Delta Plat and regular Plat)
Old Jul 21, 2014, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS
P. F. Changs is an insipid waste of money. My wife (who is from mainland China) will divorce me if ever take her the again. Which will probably set the record for MS expense per penny of CB earned.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 8:24 pm

No one is trying to say Changs is authentic Chinese food. That doesn't stop it from being tasty. My husband is Italian, with a little grandma who jars all her own sauce each year, and we still enjoy Carrabas or Maggianos. It's nothing at all like his Nonna's food, but still a nice night out. Thanks for the tip OP!
Old Jul 21, 2014, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
How is this related to MS? This is basically just couponing.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 11:30 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Originally Posted by bribro
How is this related to MS? This is basically just couponing.
unless your AMEX earns 5%

to the mods reading this: now that coupon connection is back, how about a section for extreme couponing as well? because its not directly related to (travel) deals or milesbuzz or MS.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 11:00 am

LOL we currently have a grand total of ZERO SUCCESS REPORTS on receiving the bonus card FWIW.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by ceverett
P. F. Changs is an insipid waste of money. My wife (who is from mainland China) will divorce me if ever take her the again. Which will probably set the record for MS expense per penny of CB earned.
^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.