Wiki Posts
Search

MR to Emirates after changing MR account number

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2014, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, VS Gold Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold,
MR to Emirates after changing MR account number

Any one run into this issue. I am trying to transfer points from my wifes account to her emirates account and its stating the Emirates account is inactive. I have gotten MR and Emirates on the phone and Emirates is verifying the account is active.

Points were previously transferred from an old membership rewards account and now I have a new number and its causing the issue.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 8:20 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
It sounds as if American Express or Emirates has implemented a process to restrict transfers into an Emirates account from only one Membership Rewards account. This would block third-party transfers, but would also create the problem you are experiencing. It should be straightforward for them to fix.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:15 pm

Did you ever figure this out? i am having the same issue with account coming up as inactive
Old Oct 4, 2015, 5:14 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Yes, transferring to an EK account can only be done from the first MR account to which the EK account was ever linked. Sucks, but that's how it works.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 8:58 pm

Advice Needed-MR to Emirates linked to old card

I recently tried to transfer MR miles to Emirates online but received a call from Amex saying there was an issue and to call Emirates. I called Emirates and was told that my Emirates Skywards account was linked to a different Amex card (a business Platinum that I cancelled last year) and that I could only transfer from the original card.

This seems strange and unfair; the Membership Rewards account is mine; it doesn't end with cancellation or changing of one of my Amex cards. Can anyone offer assistance or advice please? Thank you
Old Aug 18, 2017, 4:36 am

Programs: Emirates, Amex Plat, UA/DL, Hilton/SPG
I had the same issue... you have to go on the Emirates website and fill out a "contact us" form. Choose topic: "Emirates skywards" And subtopic: "Rewards change"

Ask them to delink your old amex MR account so you can link your new one.

Emirates has a policy that only one MR account can be linked per member.

It takes a few days for them to get back to you.

Good luck! and no worries...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.