Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

50K Points for opening Amex Premier Rewards Gold charge card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2014, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

My daughter received a targeted offer in the mail for an Amex Premier Rewards Gold charge card. The offer was for 50K MRP after spending $1,000 in the first three months. Annual fee waived the first year.

The only problem is that my daughter is a high school kid who works part time at a restaurant.

Do you think they should be targeting minors with these lucrative offers?
Old Jun 19, 2014, 5:51 pm

Your're never too young to start MSing
Old Jun 19, 2014, 6:39 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
She has to be 18 to get the card. She can apply, but they won't give it to her if she's under 18.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 1:24 pm

I started at 18 with a Chase Freedom cash back. It's wonderful having some disposable income.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 3:39 pm

definitely take the offer if she's 18.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 4:47 pm

credit card companies just skim profiles when picking targeted offers. Like others have said, if your daughter isn't 18 she won't qualify for the card.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 10:23 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors Gold
Kind of annoying when you get great offers that you can't take advantage of. I signed my son up for a United Mileage Plus account, when we went to Europe on vacation several years back. Not long after we returned, he received an offer for the United Mileage Plus Visa, offering a free pair of Bose headphones ($300 value), as a sign-up bonus. He was 7 years old.

I didn't receive that offer nor did I see it anywhere else...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.