Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2014, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UA Fan
Please do not post referral offers in this thread.

Offers may be posted in the dedicated thread, but please read the rules first, and be sure to specify the Nationality of the card in your post because American Express issues SPG cards in three countries.

30K offer:

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/starwood-preferred-guest/25330
Print Wikipost

Amex SPG 30K Signup Offer [Expired]

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2014, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Amex SPG 30K Signup Offer [Expired]

Hope this wasn't posted already but just got an email inviting me to apply early for the SPG card with a 30,000 point bonus. I've been thinking about it for a while but biding my time till this came back. The email I got is targeted but what I found interesting was:

You're invited to apply four days early to take advantage of this limited-time offer

The whole email is below for those interested.

Dear X,

You're invited to apply four days early to take advantage of this limited-time offer. Now, you can earn up to 30,000 bonus Starpoints® 1,2 with The Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express. With 30,000 Starpoints, you could enjoy 3 free nights at a Category 4 hotel or 7 free nights at a Category 2 hotel.3 Note: Some hotels may have mandatory service and resort charges.

Redeem Starpoints for award nights at over 1,100 hotels and resorts in nearly 100 countries and free flights with SPG® Flights — all with no blackout dates.4 With exclusive benefits such as credit for 5 nights and 2 stays toward SPG elite status each year,5 it's a great time to get the Card.

With the Card, your Starpoints can add up quickly:

• 10,000 bonus Starpoints after your first purchase on the Card1
• 20,000 bonus Starpoints after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first 6 months2
• Earn up to 5 Starpoints for each dollar of eligible purchases at participating SPG hotels6 — that's 2 Starpoints for which you may be eligible as a Card Member in addition to the 2 or 3 Starpoints for which you may be eligible as an SPG member.7 Earn 1 Starpoint for all other purchases.

Enjoy an introductory annual fee of $0 for the first year, then $65.8

Don't miss your chance to get the Card that can help you get the most out of the Starwood Preferred Guest® program. To start earning more Starpoints for your next getaway, apply by June 30, 2014.
Old May 30, 2014, 6:27 pm

You can also get 30k via referrals from an existing card member. Same deal for you but the referrer get 5k, if you want to be nice and help out a fellow FTer. You can PM someone for a referral, a few folks (including me) posted offers for referrals here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...e-posting.html

Last edited by mia; May 31, 2014 at 3:28 pm Reason: Change link for referral offers
Old May 30, 2014, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by djibouti
You can also get 30k via referrals from an existing card member.
Ah ok, did not know that. Is that all the time or just a special now? Well this makes things a bit easier for everyone who wants it to get in vs looking for a referral. Though I can see why you are all so eager to do so.

Regardless I'm headed out of the country for the foreseeable future and a SPG card not exactly international friendly. lol

Last edited by mia; May 31, 2014 at 3:29 pm Reason: Prune quotation
Old May 30, 2014, 6:32 pm

The referral (5k points for referrer) is normal. The 30k for the new cardmember is limited time, presumably coinciding with the public (or targeted?) offer you received.
Old May 30, 2014, 6:48 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
its active (today). got the email (for referral)
Old May 30, 2014, 6:50 pm

Darn, they are way early this year.
Old May 30, 2014, 6:56 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
wonder if SPG is purposely early this yr to coincide with the Ink offers ending from Chase in a cpl days.

usually this offer comes around at the end of summer, which is when I had planned to churn. I guess let the frenzy begin now.
Old May 30, 2014, 7:13 pm

Programs: SPG Gold/HH Diamond/CC Gold/Hyatt Explorist
I'd like to apply for the business version this year but was trying to save my EX inquiries for Citi and the 100k AA churning. 1st world problems.
Old May 30, 2014, 7:59 pm

I thought they ended the $5k referral bonus? Can someone confirm?

Too early this year. I was planning for August. Amex is throwin off my game...
Old May 30, 2014, 8:00 pm

5k referral bonus. They didn't end it and in fact just sent specific e-mails about it for the limited time 30k bonus (for the recipient).
Old May 30, 2014, 8:10 pm

ok so this is an email promo and different than the 5k refer a friend bonus which died:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...eferral-2.html

UPDATE: never mind, it came back http://www.americanexpress.com/refer
Old May 30, 2014, 8:57 pm

My wife has an SPG and received the referral bonus email as well. Does anyone have an idea whether AMEX would have a problem with my wife referring me and not honor a bonus on a referral between spouses?

Thanks.

Last edited by mia; May 30, 2014 at 11:15 pm Reason: Remove quotation
Old May 30, 2014, 9:23 pm

Amex SPG 30K Signup Offer [Discussion only, No Referral Offers]

I just got an email with an invitation to apply for the offer 4 days early, so it looks like the 30K is about to go live. Just a heads up if anyone is interested
Old May 30, 2014, 9:47 pm

hmmmm

No e-mail and says my SPG Business card is not eligible.

Those with Business cards, did you get an e-mail or just go through the links?
Old May 30, 2014, 10:28 pm

Got different term from the referred application page and invited email application page.

Referred application page says:
If we identify you as currently having an American Express® Card account, you may not be eligible for this welcome bonus offer. This offer is also not available to applicants who have or have had this product.

Invitation email application page only has the latter sentence:
Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product.

For me, I have not applied SPG before but I have 4 other amex cards. Is it safe for me to use the referred application page? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.