Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2014, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UA Fan
Please do not post referral offers in this thread.

Offers may be posted in the dedicated thread, but please read the rules first, and be sure to specify the Nationality of the card in your post because American Express issues SPG cards in three countries.

30K offer:

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/starwood-preferred-guest/25330
Print Wikipost

Amex SPG 30K Signup Offer [Expired]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2014, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by jan_believes
I think sometimes it's ok to receive a lower CL, if the alternative is a rejection. The climb up the mountain sometimes is slowed but doesn't have to be halted.

I have wanted this card for years (think I got rejected once). But, risk averse, I worry about the HP and forgot what credit bureau is used (Anyone?Oh, and if a stone must be thrown, please let it be a small stone so I can duck! ). I have the AMEX GP and wish I had an alternative like this one instead.

I think amex pulls experian first. And TU later?
Old Jun 4, 2014, 1:47 pm

anyone know how long should I wait to apply for SPG business? I applied for the personal earlier last month and I was wondering how strict they are if I apply for the business version of the same card.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 1:48 pm

I waited 7 days between the two last year and think I was instantly approved for both.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 3:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, KF Gold/PPS
Originally Posted by Pecan Pie
I think amex pulls experian first. And TU later?
Yeah experian first...i was reading through all of the documents after I got approved and saw they did a hard pull on experian for me. showed my credit score too, that made me happy since i've only had a credit card for 4 years right now
Old Jun 4, 2014, 3:56 pm

Does AMEX ever adjust bonuses for previous applicants? My husband just got this card (in early May) through a referral from a friend but the bonus was only 25k.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by elynbeth
Does AMEX ever adjust bonuses for previous applicants? My husband just got this card (in early May) through a referral from a friend but the bonus was only 25k.
No, I tried calling and SM but they won't budge.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by elynbeth
Amex doesn't do anything on bonuses unless explicitly promised at application, and even then sometimes won't honor them. See the eternally long "Amex won't honor bonus" thread around here.

Last edited by krazykanuck; Jun 5, 2014 at 7:46 am
Old Jun 4, 2014, 11:25 pm

I got my card today. I applied and was approved yesterday. That was quick. But then I saw my CL...2k. Wth. I was hoping for at least 5k.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 12:49 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
Hi, I used the following link to send a referral email to a family member for the business card, but the family member did not receive the email. Is the referral email sending not instant?

https://www262.americanexpress.com/b...gm/200018-OPEN
Old Jun 5, 2014, 1:13 pm

Amex SPG 30K Signup Offer [Discussion only, No Referral Offers]

Is the 12 month rule valid for the spg business card?
Old Jun 5, 2014, 1:16 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by bobby21
Is the 12 month rule valid for the spg business card?
Yes:

Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product within the last 12 months.
https://www262.americanexpress.com/b...pply/44279-9-0
Old Jun 5, 2014, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SPG
Aaargh - I dont believe they have a history of extending these? Can't start my AOR until 7/5 and this would have been perfect. Curse my timing .

T&C's state app must be approved by 6/30, so even if link stays live I bet the points won't be awarded - I've had experiences with AMEX being sticklers in the past.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by sosamo
I got my card today. I applied and was approved yesterday. That was quick. But then I saw my CL...2k. Wth. I was hoping for at least 5k.
same here.. got my card real quick with 2k CL
and I tried to use the card at safeway today for two 400+ swipes, the second time card got declined, had to call amex to unlock
the safeway manager also came over to check my card and ID, and when he saw the spg card he said the best card in America
Old Jun 5, 2014, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I am planning to cancel my PRG next week and considering getting the SPG on this deal. I'm going to wait out a better offer on the Everyday. But I'm wondering if its better to apply for the SPG first and then cancel the PRG, or vice versa. I'm sure it would be approved either way, I'm just thinking of maximizing the CL, etc.

Thoughts?
Old Jun 5, 2014, 3:55 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by allanfan
Hi, I used the following link to send a referral email to a family member for the business card, but the family member did not receive the email. Is the referral email sending not instant?

https://www262.americanexpress.com/b...gm/200018-OPEN
I asked AMEX via online chat, they claimed that referral is a target offer, and it's not in my account so I can't refer ppl.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.