Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge MIA [Opened 4 June 2015, enlarged January 2019]

Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge MIA [Opened 4 June 2015, enlarged January 2019]

Old May 6, 2018, 8:45 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stopped in last Friday from 4:45 to 5:00 PM. The lounge was literally so crowded that bags were being piled in corners to make more room:

I managed to grab the last table, one across from the check in desk, but a steady stream of people coming in meant the place was standing room only. Thankfully I was able to get a good Old Fashioned and enjoyed some mushroom meatloaf before quickly leaving. This is the most consistently crowded CL I go to so I now spend the bulk of my MIA layovers at the D15 Admirals Club and only use the CL for a quick drink or bite. I'll be very glad when they add the new square footage.
Old May 25, 2018, 12:14 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
Is there any way to pre-book a spa appointment at the Cent lounge? I have a 4 hour layover in MIA next week.
Old May 25, 2018, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by GNALUZU
Is there any way to pre-book a spa appointment at the Cent lounge? I have a 4 hour layover in MIA next week.
Not that I know off but there is usually space available. It has never been full when I go, even though the club is packed to the limit.
GNALUZU likes this.
Old May 28, 2018, 3:47 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
In the lounge now. Was pretty crowded when I first got here. The front desk said they were limiting people to only 2 hours before departure.

Totally cleared out about 20 minutes ago. I’m just happy that they are pouring Balvinie as the cent card scotch.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 6:12 am

Went through the cent lounge last week and the construction on the west side of the lounge was clearly visible. There were lots of cranes, steel beams and areas covered in tarps. Good new is there were alot of workers scurrying around so hopefully they wrap up by year end, but you know how airport construction projects go
Old Oct 4, 2018, 3:22 am

Any updates on the expansion construction?
Old Oct 4, 2018, 9:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Viajero Millero
Any updates on the expansion construction?
I am at MIA at the moment, it doesnt look like this will be ready by year end.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 11:36 am

Update on the construction. It seems that they are way more advanced than before. The staff told me they are aiming to open before December or January... Here is a picture:

I am sorry for the huge picture It shows the new area that used to be an open air space. Its pretty big.
Attached Images  

Last edited by mia; Oct 28, 2018 at 1:08 pm Reason: Repair image
Old Dec 15, 2018, 3:41 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
The Centurion Lounge at Miami International Airport will be temporarily closed for a short period in January as we work to upgrade and expand the space. Please visit one of our partner lounges including Delta Sky Club® when flying Delta, or a Priority Pass™ Select lounge once enrolled.
--- https://thecenturionlounge.com/locations/MIA/
lotrbfme likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 7:46 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
That's very helpful advice considering the Skyclub and some of the PP Lounges are in separate concourses requiring reclearing security
Old Dec 18, 2018, 11:48 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by CMK10
That's very helpful advice considering the Skyclub and some of the PP Lounges are in separate concourses requiring reclearing security
Are you new to FlyerTalk? (I know you're not.) You know that people clear security multiple times to visit lounges all the time. It's not unheard of. And it's a notice "If you're flying Delta, don't try to come to the Centurion Lounge b/c it's closed...just go right to the skyclub."
Old Dec 22, 2018, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by chrisny2
Are you new to FlyerTalk? (I know you're not.) You know that people clear security multiple times to visit lounges all the time. It's not unheard of. And it's a notice "If you're flying Delta, don't try to come to the Centurion Lounge b/c it's closed...just go right to the skyclub."
The idea of clearing security multiple times at MIA to go to a substandard SC (which you can't access with just an Amex Platinum unless you're flying Delta) or an even more substandard PP Lounge is silly.
newbiztraveler likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 6:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by CMK10
The idea of clearing security multiple times at MIA to go to a substandard SC (which you can't access with just an Amex Platinum unless you're flying Delta) or an even more substandard PP Lounge is silly.
Agreed. However, as you know, and somewhat sadly, FT is becoming a forum largely built and thriving on all manner of silliness.

Regards
dickinson likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Will be passing through MIA twice in the coming few days -- has anyone visited this lounge recently who received any additional information on which two-week-ish period this lounge will be closing this month as it's already January?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:06 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
An flying out of MIA on 9th Feb. Any idea if the lounge would be opened by then?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.