Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge MIA [Opened 4 June 2015, enlarged January 2019]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge MIA [Opened 4 June 2015, enlarged January 2019]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2015, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by JeffMIA
I spoke to a Fort Lauderdale-based retention CSR this morning who, after putting me on hold to check, said the MIA Centurion Lounge would be open by July 1. I was discussing downgrading to PRG in favor of Citi Prestige.
Only 5-6 months behind schedule. That's pretty good as far as MIA goes...
Old Apr 24, 2015, 9:22 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Originally Posted by JeffMIA
I spoke to a Fort Lauderdale-based retention CSR this morning who, after putting me on hold to check, said the MIA Centurion Lounge would be open by July 1. I was discussing downgrading to PRG in favor of Citi Prestige.
Well that sucks, my only trip to MIA this year is in May.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 5:54 pm

Looks like it might be getting close...

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/fbh/4991272983.html

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/spa/5002524105.html
Old May 16, 2015, 5:51 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Discussion about additional new Centurion lounge locations has been moved here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...eculation.html
Old May 17, 2015, 12:42 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Globalist
FWIW, an update from the SFO lounge staff the other day... Said the latest they've heard is that the MIA lounge will open by the end of this month (May) or the first week of June. Of course, their info may only be as good as this thread
Old May 17, 2015, 7:50 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AggieWxNole
FWIW, an update from the SFO lounge staff the other day... Said the latest they've heard is that the MIA lounge will open by the end of this month (May) or the first week of June. Of course, their info may only be as good as this thread
They did post help wanted a month ago. IMO, End of the month/first week of June would be a reasonable time frame.
Old May 21, 2015, 2:21 pm
Original Member

Stopped by D12 today. Sign was posted on elevator door.

Flik International AMEX
For deliveries call: (305) nnn-nnnn

If you look up to the third floor elevator bank, you can see a lighting ornament hung.
Old May 21, 2015, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD, Amex PLT, Hertz GLD, National EX
Michelle Bernstein previews food for new Miami International Airport lounge

Does this mean we're getting closer??

Michelle Bernstein previews food for new Miami International Airport lounge

Miami chef-restaurateur Michelle Bernstein said she didn’t have to look far to come up with the menu for the new American Express Centurion Lounge, opening early next month at Miami International Airport.

“The dishes are a little bit of Crumb on Parchment, a little of the old Michy’s, a little of Seagrape — and a lot of me,” Bernstein said, referring to her South Florida restaurants.

She previewed some of those menu items this week at her new Cena (6927 Biscayne Blvd.) in Miami, which opened this month in the former Michy’s.

Bernstein’s buttermilk-brined fried chicken and Greek-style local watermelon salad will be available at MIA’s Centurion, located in the North Terminal that services American Airlines and Qatar Airways. She said she leaned toward lighter items, like a green goddess salad and a vanilla panna cotta dessert, to “make sure people are comfortable as they board their flights.”

Miami International will be the fifth U.S. airport with a Centurion Lounge, following Las Vegas, San Francisco, Dallas-Forth Worth and New York-LaGuardia. The high-end clubs are accessible to American Express cardholders for $50 a day and free for those with AmEx Platinum cards, which carry annual fees of about $450.

All of the lounges feature complimentary food from big-name chefs, including Scott Conant (Las Vegas) and Dean Fearing (Dallas), as well as cocktails from Jim Meehan of New York’s PDT. The 8,000-square-foot Miami space will be ring-shaped, with tarmac views and, in a nod to South Florida’s coastal vibe, a floor-to-ceiling textural wall that resembles a wave.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/living/fo...#storylink=cpy

Last edited by mia; May 23, 2015 at 11:34 am Reason: Formatting
Old May 21, 2015, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
That is awesome! I am returning tomorrow to miami but I will be in intl arrivals so I would not be able to check... however I have two more trips: 1 week from now and the 2nd one 2 weeks from now. I will let you guys know if they open!
Old May 21, 2015, 11:01 pm

I'm dying for this lounge to open soon. I'm headed there on 26th of this month and 2nd of June. Hoping for a pleasant layover, but don't have my hopes up.
Old May 22, 2015, 7:48 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by cyncyn129
The 8,000-square-foot Miami space will be ring-shaped
Part of it would be right on top of the Aadmirals Club.
Old May 22, 2015, 7:58 am

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist AA EXP
Originally Posted by seawolf
Part of it would be right on top of the Aadmirals Club.
Looking forward to visit the lounge when it opens as I am based in Miami. However, it looks like it will be accessible only if you fly AA (or Qatar). I often fly out of J gates (home of the awful VIP Lounge) and it is too far away, and to the best of my knowledge it would require to pass security twice.
Old May 22, 2015, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by afmiami
Looking forward to visit the lounge when it opens as I am based in Miami. However, it looks like it will be accessible only if you fly AA (or Qatar). I often fly out of J gates (home of the awful VIP Lounge) and it is too far away, and to the best of my knowledge it would require to pass security twice.
You are correct. Although technically it will also be accessible to passengers of AB, BA, IB, US, etc. who operate from E as E is connected behind security to D.
Old May 23, 2015, 6:47 am

Programs: AA Gold
From the Miami Herald yesterday, article covered the menu items above but also noted the opening as below, so looks like early June.......

Miami chef-restaurateur Michelle Bernstein said she didn’t have to look far to come up with the menu for the new American Express Centurion Lounge, opening early next month at Miami International Airport.
Old May 23, 2015, 11:31 am

Programs: AA EXP - 3MM; DL Gd; SPG PL, Marriott Slv, Hilton Gd
Fried chicken at LGA, fried chicken at MIA ... seems like AE could've saved a bit of $ on the modern-day chefs and just placed a call to Col. Sanders.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.