Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge MIA [Opened 4 June 2015, enlarged January 2019]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge MIA [Opened 4 June 2015, enlarged January 2019]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2021, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Definitely a new menu but looks decent. Agree that Miami tends to have some of the better food in the network. I always liked Dallas also.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 7:39 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jmsnyc
What time do they take away the hot breakfast?

That chicken CMK10 posted looks freakin good!
The menu indicates lunch comes out between 11 and 11:15.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 6:39 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Dropped in yesterday (Sunday) at Noon. No issue getting seating and no waitlist at that time. I was there an hour and it did seem seating was getting limited before I left and agents were having to help people find seats.

As usual I enjoyed the food. I still think this lounge has the best quality food of any CL.
krazykanuck and kirkwoodj like this.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 7:49 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Tried to stop by last night around 6pm but lounge was at capacity and there was a waitlist. Didn't stick around to wait as they were closing in an hour anyway.
Curious, do Centurion card holders go to top of waitlist/not have to wait at all?
Old May 4, 2021, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
The menu indicates lunch comes out between 11 and 11:15.
Thanks. Was able to enjoy it. It was decent
Old May 9, 2021, 6:41 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Wanted to share the lunch/dinner/cocktail experience as of 5/8/21.

The squash, greek salad and coconut chicken were really good. The rice was ok.

All 3 cocktails I had were excellent. The 305 special, Key Lime Gillet, and Cherry Almond Star.

cmd320 likes this.
Old May 9, 2021, 10:18 am

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist AA EXP
Last Friday I was trying to enter the Centurion Lounge in Miami at 6:35 pm (they close at 7) and a lady at the elevator did not let me go upstairs, saying they will be closing soon. I told her "you close at 7" and then she said they were at capacity. Disappointing as I walked all the way to get there.
Old Jun 2, 2021, 5:52 pm
viz

Programs: DL DM, AC 75K, NEXUS, Bonvoy Platinum
Flying through MIA for the first time and was hoping to check out the Centurion Lounge. I'm flying Delta which presumably will be out of H gates, is it convenient / worth the trek to the D gates for the lounge?
Old Jun 2, 2021, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by viz
Flying through MIA for the first time and was hoping to check out the Centurion Lounge. I'm flying Delta which presumably will be out of H gates, is it convenient / worth the trek to the D gates for the lounge?
Really depends on how long you have. If you're going to be at the airpot for a few hours, sure. If you have less than two hours, I'd probably say it's not really worth it as you'll have to clear security twice. H and D aren't connected inside security.
Brandinho1 likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 6:16 am

Stopped in on 5/31 (Memorial Day) from 3:30 to 4:30. When we arrived we were able to get right in but the only seating for two was in the alcoves off the front desk. By 4 PM they were turning away traveler after traveler. Full elevators would arrive, people would be in a line of 10-15, then sent back down to the terminal to wait. It was so oppressively crowded after eating I just went to an empty Admirals Club.

The important thing about this lounge, the food, was that as usual it was really good.

Massive line to try and get in at 6:45 PM.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 2:58 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
No news on showers in general being opened? With MIA only having 1 shower room and the increase traffic flow, would expect it to be the first one slated for opening.

Also, is the spa open? The website has it listed under the amenities.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by safari ari
No news on showers in general being opened? With MIA only having 1 shower room and the increase traffic flow, would expect it to be the first one slated for opening.

Also, is the spa open? The website has it listed under the amenities.
With how huge the MIA shower room is, I'm somewhat surprised they didn't choose to split that in two and have a pair of smaller shower rooms. It seems like two sinks, showers, and toilets could easily fit into the square footage of that one space. Don't get me wrong, it's nice having a big shower suite, however it would be nicer to not have to wait three hours for a shower.

With that said, they really need to reopen the showers, as do all other lounges. They've been closed for far too long.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 8:50 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mcdullhk88
If a Platinum cardholder shows up >3 hours before departure, I wonder if s(he) can be added to the waitlist at that time, to be able to enter the lounge at the 3 hour mark. Not sure if the outcome would differ by scenario:
  • Ex. Show up 3h45m out, 45 minute wait at time of waitlist. Get on waitlist. Enter the lounge 3hrs out.
  • Ex. Show up 8hrs out, no wait at time of waitlist, but a waitlist is expected to build up later in the day. Get on waitlist. Enter the lounge 3hrs out.
Also wonder if one can make a massage appointment at the time of being put on the waitlist, rather than having to wait until time of entry (and fewer slots left).
If you are connecting in MIA ( same day ) then you can enter the lounge greater than 3 hours waitlist or not. If your starting in MIA then you need to wait until the 3 hour mark. No way to know at what time there will be a wait or not.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here currently. Arrived around 10:30 local. Pretty quiet overall since I got here. Plenty of seating available including by the windows. I started off in the ‘new’ wing of the lounge by the window. There was a large group in that area with kids who were pretty noisy as well as a guy yammering into his phone.

That coupled with the A/C’s inability to keep that area cool with the heat beating in through the windows caused me to move over to the internal corridor where there is literally no one else. While I really enjoy having a nice view, I also like this area as it cool, dark, and stays pretty quiet usually.

Menus currently switching from Breakfast to Lunch.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 10:52 am

any updates here in terms of the showers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.