FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Automating AmEx Sync registration (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1568920-automating-amex-sync-registration.html)

sbm12 Apr 13, 2014 6:06 pm

Automating AmEx Sync registration

Want to participate in the AmEx Sync promotions without working too hard at it? Consider trying out my AmEx SyncAssist tool.

http://blog.wandr.me/wp-content/uplo...ge_thumb22.png

Link your Twitter & AmEx accounts like you normally would and then also link Twitter to SyncAssist. It is constantly checking the list of published Sync offers from AmEx and once a new one is found it will sign you up. You'll get the reply from AmEx directly to your account so you can know it worked.

Read more: http://blog.wandr.me/2014/04/syncass...mex-sync-easy/

SanDiego1K Apr 13, 2014 7:10 pm

Fantastic tool. I signed up and the emails about twitter links came pouring in. Thank you.

dr88 Apr 13, 2014 7:47 pm

Thank you Seth. Worked like a charm.

sbm12 Apr 14, 2014 10:04 am

A new offer was added at 10:29am CDT this morning (Diesel $50 off $150). By 11:00am CDT more than 100 users of SyncAssist were auto-registered for the promo.

http://tvfiends.com/wp-content/uploa...09/361gwd.jpeg

I love it when a plan comes together. :D :cool:

SanDiego1K Apr 14, 2014 10:22 am

It's an incredible tool. I might have to sign my husband up for twitter now that you've made loading amex offers so simple.

javabytes Apr 14, 2014 12:32 pm

Love the concept.

If you use the multiple cards/multiple tabs trick to sign up for offers through the Amex website, you may wish to avoid, as once you enroll via Twitter, the offers disappear from the Offers area of the website.

HighFive Apr 14, 2014 12:37 pm

I have it for both of my Amex cards!! I love it!

sbm12 Apr 23, 2014 4:18 pm

I've updated the display a bit. At the top of the default page you should see a set of links with each of your linked twitter accounts by name and the ability to remove it from the system.

I haven't built the logic to prevent you from signing up the same account twice yet but at least now you can see it and remove one of them yourself. Note that the process to fill in the names also runs on a schedule, not real-time, so there will be a lag between when you add an account and when it shows up in the list but I've seeded it with all the currently registered accounts to date.

mikedo Apr 23, 2014 11:11 pm

this is awesome thanks!

AFAM-DFW Apr 24, 2014 8:01 am

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 22750031)
I've updated the display a bit. At the top of the default page you should see a set of links with each of your linked twitter accounts by name and the ability to remove it from the system.

Thanks. This makes long term management much easier for me.

sbm12 Apr 24, 2014 12:07 pm

Well, it seems that I pissed someone off. Working on getting it reactivated ASAP, but it is offline right now. :(

Robl Apr 24, 2014 12:10 pm

The question is whether you will be able to sell this app in a few years to Facebook for 19 billion. We want in on the ground floor this time.

sbm12 May 15, 2014 8:18 pm

App is active once again.

:cool:

UserMark May 16, 2014 11:52 am

Can I suggest that this app merely notify you about an offer rather than signing up automatically? Since registrations for these things are limited, if we have people auto-signup for things they may not want, that will limit availability to those who really want the offer.

sbm12 May 16, 2014 12:46 pm

You're free to suggest it. ;)

If someone just wants to be notified when new offers are available that's an option today; follow the AmEx account which shares them. I'm doing something different with this.

lingzhou May 16, 2014 1:52 pm

not trying to be picky, but is sharing my twitter information safe here?

sbm12 May 16, 2014 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by lingzhou (Post 22875916)
not trying to be picky, but is sharing my twitter information safe here?

All I ever see is your twitter name and I have the ability to send tweets on your behalf. You can revoke that permission at any time by clicking the appropriate button at https://twitter.com/settings/applications. There is also an unlink option on the site.

I never see your password or have access to your DMs.

sotorrific Jun 17, 2014 1:08 am

I'm having trouble registering more than one Twitter account - is that not possible with this tool?

sbm12 Jun 18, 2014 7:06 am

Originally Posted by sotorrific (Post 23046965)
I'm having trouble registering more than one Twitter account - is that not possible with this tool?

If you are a regular member of the site only one Twitter handle can be registered. For First Class (i.e. paid) memberships you can have multiple Twitter accounts.

fr33b13 Aug 29, 2014 12:32 pm

Thanks!

LiarsDice Dec 5, 2014 6:49 pm

Sorry, a bit confused. Can I register several Twitter accounts with linked amex cards? If so, is it free?

I wasn't able to find this information on the website.

Thanks!

sbm12 Dec 5, 2014 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by LiarsDice (Post 23949787)
Sorry, a bit confused. Can I register several Twitter accounts with linked amex cards? If so, is it free?

I wasn't able to find this information on the website.

Thanks!

Yes you can register several accounts. If you want to do so you need to be a paid member of the site. You only get one for free.

At the risk of cannibalizing my own site there is another one out there now offering multiple accounts for free. I have no idea who runs it or how consistent/reliable it is. But it is out there and seems reasonable enough, I suppose.

onthego15 Dec 6, 2014 9:08 am

Here is another way to have all AMEX offers synced to your cards automatically:
http://www.doctorofcredit.com/offers...s-sync-offers/

highops Dec 6, 2014 11:11 am

Originally Posted by onthego15 (Post 23951963)
For those who want a way to have all AMEX offers synced to your card(s) automatically:
http://www.doctorofcredit.com/offers...s-sync-offers/

Ha ha. Thanks. I love that they try to hide their bot-ness behind a few rotating phrases beside the hashtag. I have a feeling that won't be good enough if AMEX cares.

justinh20 Dec 6, 2014 6:49 pm

I haven't been registered for any offers since Dec 2 even though there have been several tweeted like the AmexMarriott deal that got maxed out. Are you aware of this?

jft3 Dec 6, 2014 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by highops (Post 23952564)
Ha ha. Thanks. I love that they try to hide their bot-ness behind a few rotating phrases beside the hashtag. I have a feeling that won't be good enough if AMEX cares.

I don't ever tweet anything more than the hashtag.

Julian Brennan Dec 6, 2014 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by justinh20 (Post 23954423)
I haven't been registered for any offers since Dec 2 even though there have been several tweeted like the AmexMarriott deal that got maxed out. Are you aware of this?

Same here. Have the bot on all 4 Twitter accounts. On the 1st one it signed me up for a TON of offers. However, on the other account it didn't enlist me on anything for the last couple days...

Edit: oops, I just realized that this thread is about Sync Assist. I was talking about @Offersbot, the tool which was explained by 2 favorite bloggers lately...

sbm12 Dec 7, 2014 6:24 pm

If you're having issues with SyncAssist PM (or email) me your username on the site and I'll look in to it.

There are no new "official" offers since 2 December as defined by AmEx posting them to the list at https://twitter.com/AmericanExpress/favorites. That's the primary source of SyncAssist registrations. When I can spot them I add in others manually but that's a manual process so doesn't always happen.

justinh20 Dec 7, 2014 8:22 pm

Gotcha. How are these other offers posted? Like the AmexMarriott one? Can you include those in your automated monitoring as well?

sbm12 Dec 8, 2014 7:00 am

The others often show up targeted in personal accounts or not in the favorites list for a while. I have one idea about monitoring to try to "discover" them better but I need a bit of time to look over the Twitter API and see if u can make it work. Not entirely sure when that will happen but I'm trying.

justinh20 Dec 8, 2014 9:54 am

Not sure if this is what you're thinking but you could monitor tweets from @AmexOffers and tweets mentioning valid offers always contain "Thx for enrolling in #offerhashtag" or "Got your Tweet! Connect Card at http://amex.co/Rcw9Ef to enroll in #offerhashtag" so you could watch for those strings, pull out the hashtag and do it that way.

sbm12 Dec 8, 2014 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by justinh20 (Post 23961621)
Not sure if this is what you're thinking but you could monitor tweets from @AmexOffers and tweets mentioning valid offers always contain "Thx for enrolling in #offerhashtag" or "Got your Tweet! Connect Card at http://amex.co/Rcw9Ef to enroll in #offerhashtag" so you could watch for those strings, pull out the hashtag and do it that way.

More or less. :)

sbm12 Dec 9, 2014 6:15 am

The new promo identification process is in play now. It already grabbed a few new ones and handles retirement of old/expired/full promos much better as well.

As always, please let me know if you see it misbehaving.

Krrose27 Dec 9, 2014 7:24 am

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 23966610)
The new promo identification process is in play now. It already grabbed a few new ones and handles retirement of old/expired/full promos much better as well.

As always, please let me know if you see it misbehaving.

As for OffersBot that is how we work. We scan and process every tweet from @AmexOffers.

If you have issues with OffersBot mention us on twitter or email [email protected]

I'm to lazy to strip out the not avaliable so here is our current list of tags. (Note: our public list does not reflect this as that is based off of our meta processor; however, this is the list new users are checked and tweeted against.)

Code:

41    #AmexMDiamonds        @  AVAILABLE
        3    #Amexjbrandjeans      @  ENDED
        2    #AmexPaperless        @  AVAILABLE
        1    #AmexSurLaTable        @  AVAILABLE
        40    #AmexDoubleTree        @  AVAILABLE
        9    #AmexOfficeDepot      @  MAX
        8    #AmexTHEOUTNET        @  AVAILABLE
        6    #AmexWaldorf          @  MAX
        5    #AmexWalmart          @  AVAILABLE
        4    #AmexColeHaan          @  AVAILABLE
        7    #AmexShutterfly        @  AVAILABLE
        16    #AmexGODIVA            @  AVAILABLE
        17    #AmexVictorinox        @  AVAILABLE
        18    #AmexConrad            @  MAX
        19    #AmexDiesel            @  AVAILABLE
        10    #AmexSeasons52        @  ENDED
        14    #AmexBCBG              @  ENDED
        13    #AmexDell              @  MAX
        12    #AmexSony              @  AVAILABLE
        11    #AmexUber              @  MAX
        15    #AmexMadewell          @  ENDED
        47    #AmexNewegg            @  AVAILABLE
        45    #AmexZappos            @  AVAILABLE
        25    #AmexHenriBendel      @  ENDED
        24    #AmexMarriott          @  MAX
        26    #AmexStarbucks        @  MAX
        27    #AmexShopNYC          @  ENDED
        28    #AmexRubyTuesday      @  MAX
        20    #AmexBKIndustries      @  AVAILABLE
        21    #AmexShopSmall        @  MAX
        22    #AmexJCrew            @  MAX
        23    #AmexPetco            @  ENDED
        44    #AmexPetSmart          @  AVAILABLE
        29    #AmexStaples          @  MAX
        30    #AmexPCGifts          @  AVAILABLE
        31    #AmexRedEnvelope      @  AVAILABLE
        32    #AmexAllenEdmond      @  AVAILABLE
        33    #AmexMontblanc        @  AVAILABLE
        43    #AmexToysRUs          @  AVAILABLE
        34    #AmexAbtElec          @  AVAILABLE
        35    #AmexJCPenney          @  MAX
        36    #AmexKipling          @  AVAILABLE
        42    #AmexBenBridge        @  AVAILABLE
        38    #AmexPHX              @  AVAILABLE
        37    #AmexFTD              @  ENDED
        39    #AmexBestBuy          @  MAX
        46    #AmexSportsAuth        @  MAX

sbm12 Dec 9, 2014 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by Krrose27 (Post 23966908)
I'm to lazy to strip out the not avaliable so here is our current list of tags.

Same set, though I show all of them (active and inactive) on the offers page. That list is quite lacking, indeed.

aisleorwindow Dec 19, 2014 2:39 pm

Do all Amex Sync offers appear in the "Amex Offers For You" tab on my account page, or is it possible that they might not appear there and only be available via Twitter?

onthego15 Dec 19, 2014 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by aisleorwindow (Post 24025272)
Do all Amex Sync offers appear in the "Amex Offers For You" tab on my account page, or is it possible that they might not appear there and only be available via Twitter?

Many offers are targeted and will not appear in either your offers for you tab or on twitter. Also, some offers are available to a limited number of participants and/or for a limited time.

W9727500658 Apr 23, 2015 2:56 pm

Might use Twitterdeck for the Tweet account called "Offer bots". But it is inactive to auto-signing up the amex offer to your AMEX account. It now just tell you what offer is available right now. The Twitter is Blocked it permanently and finally.
But still a fast way to know the offers.