Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Automating AmEx Sync registration

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2014, 1:52 pm

Programs: United
not trying to be picky, but is sharing my twitter information safe here?
Old May 16, 2014, 7:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lingzhou
not trying to be picky, but is sharing my twitter information safe here?
All I ever see is your twitter name and I have the ability to send tweets on your behalf. You can revoke that permission at any time by clicking the appropriate button at https://twitter.com/settings/applications. There is also an unlink option on the site.

I never see your password or have access to your DMs.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 1:08 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold, Accor Platinum
I'm having trouble registering more than one Twitter account - is that not possible with this tool?
Old Jun 18, 2014, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sotorrific
I'm having trouble registering more than one Twitter account - is that not possible with this tool?
If you are a regular member of the site only one Twitter handle can be registered. For First Class (i.e. paid) memberships you can have multiple Twitter accounts.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 12:32 pm

Thanks!
Old Dec 5, 2014, 6:49 pm

Sorry, a bit confused. Can I register several Twitter accounts with linked amex cards? If so, is it free?

I wasn't able to find this information on the website.

Thanks!
Old Dec 5, 2014, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LiarsDice
Sorry, a bit confused. Can I register several Twitter accounts with linked amex cards? If so, is it free?

I wasn't able to find this information on the website.

Thanks!
Yes you can register several accounts. If you want to do so you need to be a paid member of the site. You only get one for free.

At the risk of cannibalizing my own site there is another one out there now offering multiple accounts for free. I have no idea who runs it or how consistent/reliable it is. But it is out there and seems reasonable enough, I suppose.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 9:08 am

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Here is another way to have all AMEX offers synced to your cards automatically:
http://www.doctorofcredit.com/offers...s-sync-offers/
Old Dec 6, 2014, 11:11 am

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by onthego15
For those who want a way to have all AMEX offers synced to your card(s) automatically:
http://www.doctorofcredit.com/offers...s-sync-offers/
Ha ha. Thanks. I love that they try to hide their bot-ness behind a few rotating phrases beside the hashtag. I have a feeling that won't be good enough if AMEX cares.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 6:49 pm

I haven't been registered for any offers since Dec 2 even though there have been several tweeted like the AmexMarriott deal that got maxed out. Are you aware of this?
Old Dec 6, 2014, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by highops
Ha ha. Thanks. I love that they try to hide their bot-ness behind a few rotating phrases beside the hashtag. I have a feeling that won't be good enough if AMEX cares.
I don't ever tweet anything more than the hashtag.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 11:50 pm

Programs: Regal Crown Club
Originally Posted by justinh20
I haven't been registered for any offers since Dec 2 even though there have been several tweeted like the AmexMarriott deal that got maxed out. Are you aware of this?
Same here. Have the bot on all 4 Twitter accounts. On the 1st one it signed me up for a TON of offers. However, on the other account it didn't enlist me on anything for the last couple days...

Edit: oops, I just realized that this thread is about Sync Assist. I was talking about @Offersbot, the tool which was explained by 2 favorite bloggers lately...

Last edited by Julian Brennan; Dec 7, 2014 at 8:22 pm
Old Dec 7, 2014, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

If you're having issues with SyncAssist PM (or email) me your username on the site and I'll look in to it.

There are no new "official" offers since 2 December as defined by AmEx posting them to the list at https://twitter.com/AmericanExpress/favorites. That's the primary source of SyncAssist registrations. When I can spot them I add in others manually but that's a manual process so doesn't always happen.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 8:22 pm

Gotcha. How are these other offers posted? Like the AmexMarriott one? Can you include those in your automated monitoring as well?
Old Dec 8, 2014, 7:00 am
Original Poster

The others often show up targeted in personal accounts or not in the favorites list for a while. I have one idea about monitoring to try to "discover" them better but I need a bit of time to look over the Twitter API and see if u can make it work. Not entirely sure when that will happen but I'm trying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.