MR Points -> Aeromexico Club Premier

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2014, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
MR Points -> Aeromexico Club Premier

Hey all,

Hoping that someone can help clearing this points transfer confusion for me:

It seems that Club Premier inconsistently quotes things both in KmP (kilometer based) and miles. I have been looking at a one way award in Mexico, and this chart would lead me to believe that it costs 10,000 miles:

http://eu.aeromexico.com/ClubPremier/Rewards/

But my account (which I just opened) seems to be all in KmP and when I search for the flight it tells me that it costs 16,000 KmP (which makes sense given the mile/km conversion). Now the Amex transfer site clearly states that 1,000 MR points = 1,000 Club Premier miles, so does that mean that I get 1,600 KmP or does it basically transfer 1:1 with KmP and short me 600? Neither program knew how to inform me of this before I pull the trigger on the transfer.

Thanks for any info!
Old Mar 7, 2014, 2:27 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
It appears you are looking at a page intended for people located in Europe. Change the pulldown on the upper right

País de compra: United States
...then you are referred to a separate website:

http://www.clubpremier.com/us/welcome

There, I find this page:

http://clubpremier.com/us/earn-kilom...ership-rewards

Members earn American Express Membership Rewards® points for purchases with American Express® cards. Each peso or dollar spent equals one Membership Rewards point.

1 Membership Rewards® point = 1.6 Premier Kilometers
...and when I try to lookup the number of points required for an award flight I see this notice:

Dear Club Premier Member,
If you are in the U.S. please call us at
1 (800) 247 3737
to shop your Flight Awards
Old Mar 7, 2014, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
Thanks that is helpful!

Seems like it would be 1 -> 1.6 then. What caught my attention was the "each peso or dollar spent...". Those are totally different currencies! Can you get 13X the points with a Mexican card?
Old Mar 7, 2014, 2:49 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by DCMN
..."each peso or dollar spent...".
This appears to be incorrect. American Express site says:

Paga con La Tarjeta y obtén un Punto por cada Dólar Americano que gastes o su equivalente en Moneda Nacional.
...which Google translates as...

Pay with Card and get a Point for each Dollar you spend or the equivalent in national currency
Old Jun 23, 2014, 10:48 pm
sw3
Used to be 'etrevino'

Programs: AA, BA, AM Plat, HH Silver, SPG Gold, Amex Plat
For Mexican Amex cards the transfer rate from MR to Club Premier has been 1 MR point = 1.15 kmP since about a year ago. Previously it was 1.6. Now again, that's for Mexican cards, it could be different for other countries.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.