Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
*** Limited time offer ***
Amex EveryDay 15000 MR points after $1000 in 3 months

The 15,000 MR points offer is still available via referral from someone who already has the card. See or ask for this in the discussion. Or look at the Amex referral page: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...posting-3.html.

These are the direct links on americanexpress.com. I have not scoured the internet to seek better offers. Note that both offers include this standard language:

If we identify you as currently having an American Express® Card account, you may not be eligible for this welcome bonus offer. This offer is also not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
Opening the application link in a Private or Incognito browser window, and not supplying any information about existing accounts, should prevent American Express from identifying you as currently having a card during the application process. They can still instantly determine this using your Social Security number, but in practice this may not occur.

Everyday Preferred (Groceries 3X, Gasoline 2X, General 1X; 50% bonus for 30 transactions in a billing cycle): - LINK

EARN 15,000 POINTS
Get 15,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.†

ANNUAL FEE
$95 Annual Fee
--------------

Everyday (Groceries 2X, General 1X; 20% bonus for 20 transactions in a billing cycle): - LINK

EARN 10,000 POINTS
Get 10,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.†

ANNUAL FEE
NO ANNUAL FEE
**You can now do a product change from AMEX Blue to the regular fee free AMEX EveryDay card. Unsure about other AMEX products that you can change TO the EveryDay card** This would probably preclude you from receiving any sign-up bonus, but moving from the Blue to this card is a + for some.

Use this calculator to work out whether you're better off with the preferred or regular card.
Print Wikipost

American Express "Everyday" Cards (2014 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:22 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Originally Posted by yugi
Go to Membership Rewards details page and see it there. You will per transaction awarded points.
Yep, there it is. Thanks!
Old Nov 22, 2017, 12:09 pm

Amex Everyday Preferred - Grocery/Gas Category

Has anyone else had problems with getting 3X/2X bonus points for Grocery/Gas purchases? I just got my first posting of points and a gas merchant with the "Category: Transportation - Fuel" (same as Chevron where they applied the bonuse) did not get 2X points. Similarly, Total Wine "Category: Merchandise & Supplies - Groceries" (same as another Grocery store that did get 3X points) were not given the bonus. I tried doing a chat with a rep who kept saying it's not the list. https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...fo/retail.html But this was admittedly a non-exclusive list. It's not a lot of points but it seems like it's pretty arbitrary determination.

Any thoughts?
Old Dec 8, 2017, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exclamation N/20 count inaccurate!

I'm used to the N/20 count (on the no-AF Everyday card) lagging a couple days, but it's now been more than half a week that my count has been stuck at 16/20 even though right below that it says I have 18 transactions, only one of which is a payment, and if I count those manually I also get a count of 17 purchases.

Just how long can they take to catch up? Or do they sometimes get "permanently" out of sync with the actual count of purchases?

Now, I'm not concerned for this month, because I have a week and a half left, and I'll go well beyond 20 "naturally". But I'm just mystified, because I've never seen it take quite so long to catch up before (or else I had activity back-to-back which made it too hard to tell when it caught up). (And there are other months when I'm traveling part of the month where I have little margin for Amex error.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by rdong002
Has anyone else had problems with getting 3X/2X bonus points for Grocery/Gas purchases? I just got my first posting of points and a gas merchant with the "Category: Transportation - Fuel" (same as Chevron where they applied the bonuse) did not get 2X points. Similarly, Total Wine "Category: Merchandise & Supplies - Groceries" (same as another Grocery store that did get 3X points) were not given the bonus. I tried doing a chat with a rep who kept saying it's not the list. But this was admittedly a non-exclusive list. It's not a lot of points but it seems like it's pretty arbitrary determination.

Any thoughts?
This happens to my wife's everyday preferred, there is one Sprouts that doesn't seem to earn 3x while others do. We rarely go there so I haven't worried about it much. I also know of one grocery store's gas station earns 3x at the pump instead of 2x. Other than those I get 3x/2x.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I'm used to the N/20 count (on the no-AF Everyday card) lagging a couple days, but it's now been more than half a week that my count has been stuck at 16/20 even though right below that it says I have 18 transactions, only one of which is a payment, and if I count those manually I also get a count of 17 purchases.

Just how long can they take to catch up? Or do they sometimes get "permanently" out of sync with the actual count of purchases?

Now, I'm not concerned for this month, because I have a week and a half left, and I'll go well beyond 20 "naturally". But I'm just mystified, because I've never seen it take quite so long to catch up before (or else I had activity back-to-back which made it too hard to tell when it caught up). (And there are other months when I'm traveling part of the month where I have little margin for Amex error.
The tracker in my experience has been pretty accurate. It only lags early in the morning right after transactions post usually.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 9:15 am

I just maxed out my grocery spend for the year. When does it actually reset? On January 1, or during the statement that posts in January?

The statement closes on Jan. 7th, so trying to figure out when to start spending on the card again and if I should aim for 30 transactions this month or just use different cards.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 2:52 pm
Original Member

The wiki link to the 15K offer for the Everyday card is dead. But it is still available via referral from someone who already has the card. I see no other way to get this. So, shall we allow posts here from people who will do this.

Last edited by mia; Dec 9, 2017 at 5:02 pm Reason: Premature
Old Dec 9, 2017, 5:03 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by pgary
... shall we allow posts here from people who will do this.
We do allow them, but only in this thread:

American Express Referral Offers (Read Wiki before posting).
Old Jan 14, 2018, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by pgary
The wiki link to the 15K offer for the Everyday card is dead. But it is still available via referral from someone who already has the card. I see no other way to get this. So, shall we allow posts here from people who will do this.
so can I use my amex PRG account to send a referral to myself for the Amex everyday card for the 15K offer?
Old Jan 14, 2018, 2:50 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by edealinfo12345
so can I use my amex PRG account to send a referral to myself for the Amex everyday card for the 15K offer?
No, in the USA we can only send a referral for the card(s) we currently hold.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 1:33 am

Has anyone observed that the Amex Offers attached to the Everyday card have featured few to virtually no offers with bonus MR points? Mine have all been cashback offers or discounts. Just wondering if this is specific to me (I know everyone sees different offers, but thought it might be the case across the card product). I took advantage of quite a few of the bonus MR offers in the last few months (but all organic spend), but at the beginning of the new year, when my old offers expired, there seems to be no new bonus MR offers.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 5:02 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Transaction Tracker Broken?

Any one else having issues with the transaction tracker? Mine (EDP) is showing zero since new statement date (June 22) and I have at least ten transactions ranging from $8.00 to $250.00.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by flyaxa
Any one else having issues with the transaction tracker? Mine (EDP) is showing zero since new statement date (June 22) and I have at least ten transactions ranging from $8.00 to $250.00.
Yes, the last transaction counted for me was on 06/23, since then, nothing.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyaxa
Quite a few reports here:

American Express Issues With EveryDay Transactions
(DoC)
Old Jul 5, 2018, 2:03 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by sdsearch
It resumed for me on 07/01, but transactions from 06/24-30 were not counted. This happened few years ago as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.