Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
*** Limited time offer ***
Amex EveryDay 15000 MR points after $1000 in 3 months

The 15,000 MR points offer is still available via referral from someone who already has the card. See or ask for this in the discussion. Or look at the Amex referral page: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...posting-3.html.

These are the direct links on americanexpress.com. I have not scoured the internet to seek better offers. Note that both offers include this standard language:

If we identify you as currently having an American Express® Card account, you may not be eligible for this welcome bonus offer. This offer is also not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
Opening the application link in a Private or Incognito browser window, and not supplying any information about existing accounts, should prevent American Express from identifying you as currently having a card during the application process. They can still instantly determine this using your Social Security number, but in practice this may not occur.

Everyday Preferred (Groceries 3X, Gasoline 2X, General 1X; 50% bonus for 30 transactions in a billing cycle): - LINK

EARN 15,000 POINTS
Get 15,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.†

ANNUAL FEE
$95 Annual Fee
--------------

Everyday (Groceries 2X, General 1X; 20% bonus for 20 transactions in a billing cycle): - LINK

EARN 10,000 POINTS
Get 10,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.†

ANNUAL FEE
NO ANNUAL FEE
**You can now do a product change from AMEX Blue to the regular fee free AMEX EveryDay card. Unsure about other AMEX products that you can change TO the EveryDay card** This would probably preclude you from receiving any sign-up bonus, but moving from the Blue to this card is a + for some.

Use this calculator to work out whether you're better off with the preferred or regular card.
Print Wikipost

American Express "Everyday" Cards (2014 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2014, 11:05 am

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by jordandawg05
is the preferred version free for the first year or you have to pay the 95 initial fee?
Pay the fee.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 1:53 pm
Suspended

Considering that you can only get the bonus once in your life (or so the rumor is), I wait with applying until the bonus is increased. A bonus of 10,000/15,000 is pretty measly.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by JWEMTX
I'm totally going to switch my PRG to the premium everyday card. I'm hoping I'll be eligible for the bonus
Hi, were you able to convert with the bonus? Or you meant apply to this one and cancel the PRG?

I have regular and business PRG and just saw that AF was posted and was planning to transfer the points and cancel the cards anyway. One of this cards will allow me to keep my points and transfer whenever the bonus transfer promos will become available but I'm thinking to call and convert (will it be without hard pull?) or apply and cancel after..
Thanks
Old Mar 29, 2014, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Considering that you can only get the bonus once in your life (or so the rumor is), I wait with applying until the bonus is increased. A bonus of 10,000/15,000 is pretty measly.
I am leaning towards that.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by avagyan
Hi, were you able to convert with the bonus? Or you meant apply to this one and cancel the PRG?

I have regular and business PRG and just saw that AF was posted and was planning to transfer the points and cancel the cards anyway. One of this cards will allow me to keep my points and transfer whenever the bonus transfer promos will become available but I'm thinking to call and convert (will it be without hard pull?) or apply and cancel after..
Thanks
Can't pc to this card. At least not yet. Stay tuned....
Old Mar 29, 2014, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan
I am leaning towards that.
Its a possibility but unlikely IMO.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 6:27 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Jpr0930
...unlikely...
Historically, there have been targeted offers more generous than the public offer for new American Express products, but read this press release to judge how likely you are to be targeted early on:

http://about.americanexpress.com/new...edit-card.aspx
Old Mar 30, 2014, 9:45 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
I'm on the fence as far as that goes, at the moment. While it's true there could, or even may, be a higher bonus at some point (perhaps targeted), this card doesn't feel like it will ever have anything huge. Just a wild guess, but I could see maybe at best targeted 20K or 25K tops. Guess I'm not in a hurry so I'll think it over.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 10:31 am

Was tempted to apply but ever since the change in one bonus per card I think I am going to hold out for a bigger sign up bonus.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by avagyan

Thanks
I applied for the Everyday Preferred, got approved, then cancelled my PRG (my AF was coming up).

On a different note, I got my Everyday Preferred card yesterday and did some test purchases.

Bought two separate small items ($1 each) at grocery store and both are showing as pending charges on the phone app.

Bought two separate VR ($500 each) and both are showing as pending charges on the phone app.

Bought two separate $0.15 Amazon gift cards and both are showing as pending charges on the phone app ***But they are showing up as $1.15***

Bought two separate $1.00 Amazon gift cards both are showing as pending charges on the phone app ***both are showing up as $1.00***

So total, I have 8 pending charges for the "Extra Points Benefit" tracker... I'll update if the pending charges all get credited as separate purchases
Old Mar 30, 2014, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Historically, there have been targeted offers more generous than the public offer for new American Express products, but read this press release to judge how likely you are to be targeted early on:

http://about.americanexpress.com/new...edit-card.aspx
Thanks for the presser, interesting read.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 10:20 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
UPDATE: Called in to ask about the card, confirmed I AM eligible for the 15,000 bonus offer with the $1k over 3mo offer. Card was mailed today when it was approved USPS so 7-10 days, which does kinda suck as im out of town thursday for 6 days so wont get it till im back. Limit of $5k.
Sorry . . . did you use private browsing to sign up so to be eligible for bonus?

(Wondering whether the bonus is available only if you manage to skip the initial warning because of no cookies)
Old Mar 31, 2014, 11:59 am

Just got my EP card today and it really is a cheap looking card. Had a difficult time even reading the 4 digit code on the front. The cloudy plastic looks like it could not be any less well made. Signature space on the back is 1 1/4 by 1/8 inches. Better write small. I have a feeling we're going to need replacements for these cards pretty frequently. Also, the "member since" date on mine is 2014 even though I've been with AMEX for a quarter of a century. Have to call and get that updated on a new card. No big deal that it's not a "pretty" card I guess but did they have to go THIS low-budget?
Old Mar 31, 2014, 12:02 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by upgrader
Just got my EP card today and it really is a cheap looking card. Had a difficult time even reading the 4 digit code on the front. The cloudy plastic looks like it could not be any less well made. Signature space on the back is 1 1/4 by 1/8 inches. Better write small. I have a feeling we're going to need replacements for these cards pretty frequently. Also, the "member since" date on mine is 2014 even though I've been with AMEX for a quarter of a century. Have to call and get that updated on a new card. No big deal that it's not a "pretty" card I guess but did they have to go THIS low-budget?
Guess you never owned the Blue card?
Old Mar 31, 2014, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by upgrader
It is a cheap card, but I find pretty much all their cards are of the same quality. Like their platinum card...feels quite cheap for a $450 AF card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.