Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
*** Limited time offer ***
Amex EveryDay 15000 MR points after $1000 in 3 months

The 15,000 MR points offer is still available via referral from someone who already has the card. See or ask for this in the discussion. Or look at the Amex referral page: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...posting-3.html.

These are the direct links on americanexpress.com. I have not scoured the internet to seek better offers. Note that both offers include this standard language:

If we identify you as currently having an American Express® Card account, you may not be eligible for this welcome bonus offer. This offer is also not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
Opening the application link in a Private or Incognito browser window, and not supplying any information about existing accounts, should prevent American Express from identifying you as currently having a card during the application process. They can still instantly determine this using your Social Security number, but in practice this may not occur.

Everyday Preferred (Groceries 3X, Gasoline 2X, General 1X; 50% bonus for 30 transactions in a billing cycle): - LINK

EARN 15,000 POINTS
Get 15,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.†

ANNUAL FEE
$95 Annual Fee
--------------

Everyday (Groceries 2X, General 1X; 20% bonus for 20 transactions in a billing cycle): - LINK

EARN 10,000 POINTS
Get 10,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.†

ANNUAL FEE
NO ANNUAL FEE
**You can now do a product change from AMEX Blue to the regular fee free AMEX EveryDay card. Unsure about other AMEX products that you can change TO the EveryDay card** This would probably preclude you from receiving any sign-up bonus, but moving from the Blue to this card is a + for some.

Use this calculator to work out whether you're better off with the preferred or regular card.
Print Wikipost

American Express "Everyday" Cards (2014 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2017, 9:12 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by gnomey
...e other MR earning card (Amex Blue for Business) is that you also earn MR, but you can only transfer points to airline partner if you have say, ED, right? so Amex B4B is like the Chase Freedom / Freedom Unlimited in the Chase portfolio
Correct. Everyday is the only free card that allows transfers. Other free cards, including Blue from American Express, Blue for Business, and various other free legacy cards participate in Membership Rewards Express which does not include transfer redemptions, but your points are always treated as if earned by the best card linked to the same rewards account.

Everyday + Blue for Business with it's 30% annual bonus is a good value free combination.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by mia
Correct. Everyday is the only free card that allows transfers. Other free cards, including Blue from American Express, Blue for Business, and various other free legacy cards participate in Membership Rewards Express which does not include transfer redemptions, but your points are always treated as if earned by the best card linked to the same rewards account.

Everyday + Blue for Business with it's 30% annual bonus is a good value free combination.
agree. plan to get the B4B. i think for the first 12 months at least, it is a better deal to put everyday spend on B4B card, compared to EDP which will only earn you 1.5x max
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:19 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Titanium
I missed the 30 purchases on a couple statements (EDP) because I was counting both my purchases and husbands's (authorized user). Now we're sticking with my card for the first 30 but it takes more concentration.

After the first 30, do the category bonuses apply to the purchases of the authorized user?
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:21 am

All purchases are counted towards the 30 transaction requirement, not just the main cardholders?
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by Olly-
All purchases are counted towards the 30 transaction requirement, not just the main cardholders?
I had either a call or online chat asking if the main card holder had to make all 30 transactions. I came away thinking I did. Now I'm going through some past statements and thinking it's the bonuses that aren't shared.

On my December statement I only had 14 purchases and husband had 25. I can see the points for December on the February statement. Only my purchases got the 50% bonus.

I have a from AmEx in August '16 saying they were fixing a system error by crediting points to me that I had earned but didn't get.

My question is. . .are the points on the EDP cards posting in the amounts they should?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by gardengirl
I had either a call or online chat asking if the main card holder had to make all 30 transactions. I came away thinking I did. Now I'm going through some past statements and thinking it's the bonuses that aren't shared.

On my December statement I only had 14 purchases and husband had 25. I can see the points for December on the February statement. Only my purchases got the 50% bonus.

I have a from AmEx in August '16 saying they were fixing a system error by crediting points to me that I had earned but didn't get.

My question is. . .are the points on the EDP cards posting in the amounts they should?
I spoke with yet another AmEx rep. He cleared it up that both cards do count towards the 30 purchases and they both earn the bonuses.

With the 30 purchases being in the statement period, the regular points being in the statement period, but the bonuses being from beginning to end of month I don't know how to keep track of these points.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 6:53 am

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Originally Posted by gardengirl
I spoke with yet another AmEx rep. He cleared it up that both cards do count towards the 30 purchases and they both earn the bonuses.

With the 30 purchases being in the statement period, the regular points being in the statement period, but the bonuses being from beginning to end of month I don't know how to keep track of these points.
Yes, that's one irritating thing about AmEx MRs - it's very hard to keep track since the points for one statement don't post until the following one closes (nearly 2 months after some of your purchases being credited and we'll after you've even paid for them), and there doesn't seem to be anywhere it shows you how much each purchase earned (as on Chase), only the total amount pending between each statement. But definitely purchases from authorized users count towards the bonus (that's the case with my regular Everyday card too).
Old Apr 27, 2017, 10:07 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by strickerj
... there doesn't seem to be anywhere it shows you how much each purchase earned...
There is for Everyday cards, but the details are not displayed until after the points post.
  1. Login to membershiprewards.com
  2. Click: the points total > Points Summary > Activity Detail
  3. Click: [+] to expand an entry: 03/30/2017 Earned Amex EveryDay Card-NNNNN
  4. Click: See Card Bonus Detail

Only the transactions which earned a bonus are listed. All other transactions earned one base point.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 1:00 pm

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Originally Posted by mia
There is for Everyday cards, but the details are not displayed until after the points post.

Only the transactions which earned a bonus are listed. All other transactions earned one base point.
Thanks, I didn't know that was there... Not quite as good as Chase where you can see all your earnings by transaction in one place, but at least this shows you which merchants qualified for bonus points.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by mia

Thanks. This is helpful. Here's hoping to remembering how to find it.

When I went 1 step further and expanded the line for 50% bonus, it shows points on all purchases.
Old May 27, 2017, 9:58 pm

Amex Everyday Preferred

I'm planning on getting the Everyday Preferred for grocery and gas spend. Does anyone know if Amex is rumored to be coming out with any new cards? I'm wondering if it might be worth it to wait and see. Currently using the Amex PRG.
Old May 28, 2017, 1:18 am

doubt it. I don't think anyone even knew about the new 2x blue business before it came about a couple days ago. Regardless, what's to preclude you from getting both, should something new come out? You're speaking to a community that typically carries a LOT of cards at any given time. You can have 4, maybe 5 credit cards and as many charge cards as you want at the same time. Go to town.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA
How often does Amex increase the sign up bonus on the everyday card? I know it has been 10-15k but I've seen it as high as 35k. I have a Platinum card that I'm planning to close and would like to keep the points alive but want to maximize the signup bonus since Amex has the once in a lifetime rule for their cards. Thank you!
Old Jun 17, 2017, 8:02 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Does the 2X for Gasoline include $500 purchases inside the gas station, or does it just pick up on smaller, at the pump purchases?
Old Jun 18, 2017, 9:03 am
JCN

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, National Exec
Originally Posted by moonwoo
How often does Amex increase the sign up bonus on the everyday card? I know it has been 10-15k but I've seen it as high as 35k. I have a Platinum card that I'm planning to close and would like to keep the points alive but want to maximize the signup bonus since Amex has the once in a lifetime rule for their cards. Thank you!
Best I could find was a 30K bonus through incognito search. I haven't seen higher but only looked for two or three months this year. When the 30K finally popped up I bit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.