Old Mar 24, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
*** Limited time offer ***
Amex EveryDay 15000 MR points after $1000 in 3 months

The 15,000 MR points offer is still available via referral from someone who already has the card. See or ask for this in the discussion. Or look at the Amex referral page: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...posting-3.html.

These are the direct links on americanexpress.com. I have not scoured the internet to seek better offers. Note that both offers include this standard language:

If we identify you as currently having an American Express Card account, you may not be eligible for this welcome bonus offer. This offer is also not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
Opening the application link in a Private or Incognito browser window, and not supplying any information about existing accounts, should prevent American Express from identifying you as currently having a card during the application process. They can still instantly determine this using your Social Security number, but in practice this may not occur.

Everyday Preferred (Groceries 3X, Gasoline 2X, General 1X; 50% bonus for 30 transactions in a billing cycle): - LINK

EARN 15,000 POINTS
Get 15,000 Membership Rewards points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.

ANNUAL FEE
$95 Annual Fee
--------------

Everyday (Groceries 2X, General 1X; 20% bonus for 20 transactions in a billing cycle): - LINK

EARN 10,000 POINTS
Get 10,000 Membership Rewards points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.

ANNUAL FEE
NO ANNUAL FEE
**You can now do a product change from AMEX Blue to the regular fee free AMEX EveryDay card. Unsure about other AMEX products that you can change TO the EveryDay card** This would probably preclude you from receiving any sign-up bonus, but moving from the Blue to this card is a + for some.

Use this calculator to work out whether you're better off with the preferred or regular card.
Print Wikipost

American Express "Everyday" Cards (2014 - 2021)

Old May 3, 2015, 4:44 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I think the representative may have misunderstood the question. I am entirely certain that the Membership Rewards points post at the end of the period after the period in which they are earned.

It sounds as if you have just started using the card, and the first statement has not yet been generated, is that correct? How much money have you spent, approximately?
Old May 3, 2015, 4:47 pm

I spent almost 900 dollars. This is my second billing period. For the first billing period, I only spent like 45.
Old May 3, 2015, 4:55 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by ladynarmo
I spent almost 900 dollars.
If you spent all 900 dollars at supermarkets you earned:

1. 900 base points
  2. 900 category bonus points
  3. 360 20% bonus points

Amounts (2) and (3) will be lower if you used the card elsewhere.

I urge you not to worry over the possibility that you might not receive ~360 points, worth perhaps $7.00. It will be easy to resolve if it happens, but I really do not expect a problem.
Old May 3, 2015, 5:19 pm

Thank you for the answer. I asked again and they said payments won't deduct from the amount. I guess the person did misunderstand my question. Thank you!
Old May 17, 2015, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz President's Circle
Any recent data on increased bonuses for this card? I'm specifically interested in the EDP but 15k MR for a not-waived $95 AF product seems pretty poor. Given the one-bonus-per-lifetime restriction, I'd like to make it count. Nonetheless, I've been holding out for a few months and haven't received any targeted offers despite having a very good credit profile. I suspect this is because I already have a couple of Amex cards.

Any data points or advice to wait longer vs pull the trigger?
Old May 17, 2015, 4:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mh4ll
Any recent data on increased bonuses for this card? I'm specifically interested in the EDP but 15k MR for a not-waived $95 AF product seems pretty poor. Given the one-bonus-per-lifetime restriction, I'd like to make it count. Nonetheless, I've been holding out for a few months and haven't received any targeted offers despite having a very good credit profile. I suspect this is because I already have a couple of Amex cards.

Any data points or advice to wait longer vs pull the trigger?
Hasn't EDP hit 25k MR occasionally? I'd like to sign up if and when that happens again.
Old May 17, 2015, 10:52 pm

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Originally Posted by TMM1982
Hasn't EDP hit 25k MR occasionally? I'd like to sign up if and when that happens again.
I accessed a 30k offer for everyday preferred by using cardmatch a few weeks ago. Also had a Mail offer for everyday with a 25k bonus. Got the mailer a few months ago but didn't act on it.
Old May 18, 2015, 2:12 am
Suspended

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Bretmd
I accessed a 30k offer for everyday preferred by using cardmatch a few weeks ago. Also had a Mail offer for everyday with a 25k bonus. Got the mailer a few months ago but didn't act on it.
Cardmatch is absolutely worthless for me. I've looked multiple times in the past 12 months and all I see are a bunch of junk Capital One cards.
Old May 18, 2015, 5:50 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz President's Circle
Has there ever been a public 25k MR offer? I've heard of targeted 25k offers but I believe the best public offer I've seen is 15K + year of Prime -- I might have missed something tho?

Cardmatch is absolutely worthless for me. I've looked multiple times in the past 12 months and all I see are a bunch of junk Capital One cards.
Yeah, about the same for me. I get Chase cards that I already have and the occasional BofA card as well, but never a single Amex. My wife used to get Amex offers via mail frequently -- then she signed up for a single card (100k Plat) and all offers stopped short. She'll cancel the card when the fee comes due again, and it'll be interesting to see if the offers start flowing again.
Old May 18, 2015, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mh4ll
Has there ever been a public 25k MR offer? I've heard of targeted 25k offers but I believe the best public offer I've seen is 15K + year of Prime -- I might have missed something tho?
I don't think you missed anything. I took a 10k points + 1 year prime for the regular Everyday card since I needed to transfer MR points to an airline and didn't have the time to wait a targeted offer.

I basically only use the Everyday card in months when I will actually hit 20+ transactions. The biggest value of this card to to me is unlocking the MR transfer ability for my existing balance, not necessarily the earnings. If that makes sense. That said there is always value in diversity of points programs.
Old May 19, 2015, 4:33 pm

Programs: United Gold Elite, former multi-year Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Forgive me if this has been asked before. I've never carried a balance on a card in my life, but with the 0.00% intro APR for 15 months (and, for personal reasons, a lot of expenses coming in a short time for me that I would prefer to pay off over time at 0%) on the Everyday card, I got one and plan to run a balance for a while. Will I still earn MR points provided I make the minimum payment? (I think the DL cards require that you pay the balance in full to get the miles?).

Thanks.
Old May 20, 2015, 7:50 pm

Programs: AA Gold; Hyatt Exp.; Hilton/Marriott Gold; CSR; Citi Prestige; Amex Plat, EDP, Gold, etc.
Originally Posted by youngdlplat
Forgive me if this has been asked before. I've never carried a balance on a card in my life, but with the 0.00% intro APR for 15 months (and, for personal reasons, a lot of expenses coming in a short time for me that I would prefer to pay off over time at 0%) on the Everyday card, I got one and plan to run a balance for a while. Will I still earn MR points provided I make the minimum payment? (I think the DL cards require that you pay the balance in full to get the miles?).

Thanks.
Yes.
Old May 21, 2015, 8:30 am

Sorry if already answered.

My account does not show Serve loads as qualifying purchases (toward 30).

Anyone with a different experience?
Old May 27, 2015, 7:41 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Uber 2x + Everyday 20% = ?

Has anyone had direct experience with how the Uber 2x MR offer interacts with the 20% bonus on the Everyday card? Will the new result be 1.2*(1+1) for 2.4 MR or 1+(1.2*1) for 2.2 MR?
Old Jun 2, 2015, 10:44 am

Programs: Brooks Beta Runner
Sorry if this has already been answered early in the thread.

Looking at that per transaction bonus, does it count if you have lets say 2 or 3 transactions within a few minutes of eachother at the same place? For example going to target and buying a vacuum cleaner and a pair of pants and asking the cashier for separate transactions?

Or to a more extreme example, what were to happen if I were to go grocery shopping at a nice quiet time, headover to a self checkout machine and proceed to ring up each item individually? Does amex shut you down over this sort of behavior?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.