Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 24, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
*** Limited time offer ***
Amex EveryDay 15000 MR points after $1000 in 3 months

The 15,000 MR points offer is still available via referral from someone who already has the card. See or ask for this in the discussion. Or look at the Amex referral page: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...posting-3.html.

These are the direct links on americanexpress.com. I have not scoured the internet to seek better offers. Note that both offers include this standard language:

If we identify you as currently having an American Express® Card account, you may not be eligible for this welcome bonus offer. This offer is also not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
Opening the application link in a Private or Incognito browser window, and not supplying any information about existing accounts, should prevent American Express from identifying you as currently having a card during the application process. They can still instantly determine this using your Social Security number, but in practice this may not occur.

Everyday Preferred (Groceries 3X, Gasoline 2X, General 1X; 50% bonus for 30 transactions in a billing cycle): - LINK

EARN 15,000 POINTS
Get 15,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.†

ANNUAL FEE
$95 Annual Fee
--------------

Everyday (Groceries 2X, General 1X; 20% bonus for 20 transactions in a billing cycle): - LINK

EARN 10,000 POINTS
Get 10,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.†

ANNUAL FEE
NO ANNUAL FEE
**You can now do a product change from AMEX Blue to the regular fee free AMEX EveryDay card. Unsure about other AMEX products that you can change TO the EveryDay card** This would probably preclude you from receiving any sign-up bonus, but moving from the Blue to this card is a + for some.

Use this calculator to work out whether you're better off with the preferred or regular card.
Print Wikipost

American Express "Everyday" Cards (2014 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2020, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by kdm31091
It's really not a big deal, but I wonder when Amex will refresh the card, at least in design. Someone on reddit mentioned the regular ED being a pretty poor rewards card and my argument was that it basically is a BT card first and rewards card second. It's no AF and allows partner transfers so I don't feel you can expect wonderful rewards.

But, even if the card benefits don't change, I do wonder when they will de-emboss the ED lineup and make the cards modern looking. Of course, they haven't even done the BCE yet, and the BCP was done awhile ago now, so who knows.
I know right now a lot of resources have been shifted at a lot of companies, but I hate how long Amex has dragged out their rebranding from 2018. I get cards in circulation don't need to be replaced until they expire, but an afternoon in Photoshop could've spruced up the BCE, Platinum, Hilton cards, and come up with something for the ED/EDP/BBP (I probably would've gone with a white or grey version of the Cash Magnet/BCP design). It looks out of place with their marketing and while I dig the clear card design, I hate how the holographic square always gets destroyed rather quickly.

I know the text and Centurion change aren't a big deal, but it's been two years, while Bank of America's all-caps redesign moved across the lineup rather quickly.

I have an ED (my first and now only Amex) and it doesn't get much use between Amex Offers and a few charges to keep it alive, and I'm begging for some sort of redesign to make me want to bring it off the bench. Since I got it, they've only cut back on benefits and I have other grocery cards (Discover/Freedom beat it half the year even in cash back).
Old Apr 30, 2020, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
I applied for this card because it has a promo 0% apr for 12-18 months with both purchases and balance transfers, plus a $0 fee on balance transfers.
I applied for the card and indicated the balance to transfer.

I haven’t yet received the card by mail and I can see that the balance transfer already occurred.

is this normal? I assumed that no transfer could be done until after I received and activated the card. Should I be concerned?
Old May 3, 2020, 4:51 pm
GRG

Programs: DL SM
How long does it usually take for the 30 transaction bonus points to post? I know AMEX says 8-12 weeks but it's been my experience that things happen a little faster than quoted. I think they state a similar timeframe for SUB's but mine posted with a couple days of meeting the minimum spend.
Old May 24, 2020, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Have had the regular EveryDay for a while (good for grocery spend and my fallback if I ever cancel the AMEX Platinum). Got an upgrade offer of 25k/$2k to the EDP in my email. Worth it?

The EveryDay is typically my primary grocery card (except right now when I've been using the Chase Freedom and now have moved to the CSP to max out the 5x special 2Q bonuses) so the 3x vs. 2x is definitely a big benefit.
Old May 24, 2020, 8:33 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Could you consistently make 30 transactions per month to earn the 50% bonus? This would increase groceries to 4.5 points per dollar, still subject to the $6,000 annual cap. I think this is too much trouble and use Gold for groceries.
Old May 24, 2020, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mia
Could you consistently make 30 transactions per month to earn the 50% bonus? This would increase groceries to 4.5 points per dollar, still subject to the $6,000 annual cap. I think this is too much trouble and use Gold for groceries.
I probably could -- I get lots of small purchases on Amazon instead of bulk purchasing (for better or worse -- not related to the 20 transaction limit) and in normal times do multiple grocery store visits a week (though at the moment that's down to 1x weekly).

I would go for the Gold but I had in the past and can't get the bonus again so decided it wasn't worth the effort.
Old May 25, 2020, 1:11 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Received this (targetted?) offer today: upgrade, spend 2000$ in 3 months, pay 95$ AF and get 25k MR.

I see the DoC reports this has been going on since early May: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amex-...upgrade-offer/
Old May 30, 2020, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Received this (targetted?) offer today: upgrade, spend 2000$ in 3 months, pay 95$ AF and get 25k MR.

I see the DoC reports this has been going on since early May: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amex-...upgrade-offer/
Both my wife and I had this last month. I was already an AU on my wife's card due to a promo a few years back. She upgraded then the upgrade option on my account disappeared. I think she should drop me as an AU from her account.

Last edited by mia; May 30, 2020 at 2:47 pm Reason: Remove quoted image
Old May 30, 2020, 2:49 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by mileshound
....I think she should drop me as an AU from her account.
Do you have your own Everyday account, in addition to holding an additional card on your wife's account?
Old Jun 3, 2020, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Do you have your own Everyday account, in addition to holding an additional card on your wife's account?
Yes, we both have separate ED accounts and both had upgrade offers. I was also an AU on her card to get an AU bonus a few years ago. Once she upgraded to the EDP the upgrade offer on my ED account disappeared. She just cancelled me as an AU so hopefully the upgrade offer will return on the next round. I am in pop up jail so can't apply for it.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 4:12 pm

Yes, we both have separate ED accounts and both had upgrade offers. I was also an AU on her card to get an AU bonus a few years ago. Once she upgraded to the EDP the upgrade offer on my ED account disappeared. She just cancelled me as an AU so hopefully the upgrade offer will return on the next round. I am in pop up jail so can't apply for it.
OMG it worked. Within a week of being dropped as an AU on my wife EDP account, I got the offer to upgrade on my ED card to EDP. I'll take the 25k since they won't let me get any new cards.
Old Jun 20, 2020, 11:41 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
OMG it worked. Within a week of being dropped as an AU on my wife EDP account, I got the offer to upgrade on my ED card to EDP. I'll take the 25k since they won't let me get any new cards.
I’m in pop up jail too, but received the same offer. I’m gonna take it and put some more regular spend on my Amex cards to hopefully get out
Old Jul 11, 2020, 10:49 pm

can I apply for the second ED card if I have one? or I have to close first? (BT offer

I have an AMEX ED card for a few years. Now I want to get the no fee BT offer; can I apply for a new one without closing the current one? I still have some points not redeemed yet.

If I have to close the current one first, how long do I have to wait to apply for a new one? Thank you
Old Jul 14, 2020, 1:33 pm

Annual Fee anomalies on Preferred version

So about a month ago, I upgraded both my and my wife's Everyday cards to Everyday Preferred cards. I was given a promotional incentive of 25K points to do so. I spent the required $2K and received the 25K points on both cards. Yesterday the annual fees showed up on the cards. I was charged $66.78. My wife was charged $41.93. Neither is the expected $95 annual fee.

Any ideas why I'm being charged less? It is a partial fee to my next card anniversary (which maybe didn't change due to the upgrade?) Or is AMEX charging less due to COVID-19?
Old Jul 14, 2020, 2:00 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by BostonAndy
So about a month ago, I upgraded both my and my wife's Everyday cards to Everyday Preferred cards. I was given a promotional incentive of 25K points to do so. I spent the required $2K and received the 25K points on both cards. Yesterday the annual fees showed up on the cards. I was charged $66.78. My wife was charged $41.93. Neither is the expected $95 annual fee.

Any ideas why I'm being charged less? It is a partial fee to my next card anniversary (which maybe didn't change due to the upgrade?) Or is AMEX charging less due to COVID-19?
Your annual fee was pro rated and you keep your original card anniversaries, which you will then be charged 95$

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.