Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

AMEX platinum business card, 150K MR with 20K spend in 3MO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX platinum business card, 150K MR with 20K spend in 3MO

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2018, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by amartin22
I just got an offer for the Business Platinum 150k for 15k spend in 3 months. Oddly it was less than 1 month after getting my first Amex card (PRG with 50k for 1k spend). The 150k offer is 100k for 5k spend and the next 50k for 10k more spend. The 5k spend isn't a problem as I can pay my $1000 rent on card plus various expenses. I project id need to MS about 6k to max this 150k offer. I can float a few grand if I need to pre-pay some expenses. I'd like to MS all 6k though if possible. My question is, is there any way to safely MS 6k without a clawback? This will only be my second AMEX card so I'm not sure on their algorithms. My personal income is like 65k but I put a combined 110k income for myself and wife if that helps in determining how much you think is safe to spend. I do most spend on Chase cards though so total PRG spend in two months is 1500 just to ensure clearance of 1k spend for bonus, so I'm not exactly their most profitable spender at this point. I'm sure they look at profitability also. Thanks dudes.
Can you clarify what MS is?
Old Jan 6, 2018, 3:31 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by cliff1127
Can you clarify what MS is?
Manufactured Spending. Using a credit card to purchase something (typically gift cards) that can be converted back into money to generate synthetic activity on the credit card to earn rewards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.