Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

AMEX platinum business card, 150K MR with 20K spend in 3MO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX platinum business card, 150K MR with 20K spend in 3MO

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2016, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by haoxli
How do we fulfill the 20k? Please help, thanks
If you can't spend $20k in your normal spending activity, I wouldn't recommend you apply for the card.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 1:06 pm
Suspended

really? you tried?
Yes you can go to Walgreens and buy $500 VGC's.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by TMM1982
Yes you can go to Walgreens and buy $500 VGC's.
it'll show up as purchases from Walgreen, is that right? What about amazon gc? Would it work?
Old Mar 19, 2016, 6:01 pm

it'll show up as purchases from Walgreen, is that right? What about amazon gc? Would it work?
you need to go read the manufactured spending forums to learn how to do your minimum spends for signing up, not this thread. Warning, they're REALLY long. But this isn't the place to do it; there's a whole Amex thread there.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 9:12 am

I got the offer, too. Since Amex is getting smarter, they don't let you purchase cash equivalents or pre-paid card. How do we fulfill the 20k? Please help, thanks
Just to help the others and establish a pattern, did you start a new business lately?
Old Mar 20, 2016, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by LovePrunes
you need to go read the manufactured spending forums to learn how to do your minimum spends for signing up, not this thread. Warning, they're REALLY long. But this isn't the place to do it; there's a whole Amex thread there.
Many thanks for your response, do you mind pasting the link? Thanks again
Old Mar 20, 2016, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by Mbcijim10
Just to help the others and establish a pattern, did you start a new business lately?
I establish the business two years back, they gave me the gold before, now they offered me the plat. Hope this helps
Old Apr 26, 2016, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
Dad got a 100K/$10K offer last month. Hadn't used it yet - but got the 150K/$20K spend this month. If I remember reading right I can use that so hoping to apply for both over the next few months

I establish the business two years back, they gave me the gold before, now they offered me the plat. Hope this helps
Old Apr 26, 2016, 8:45 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by filelover
Dad got a 100K/$10K offer last month. Hadn't used it yet - but got the 150K/$20K spend this month. If I remember reading right I can use that so hoping to apply for both over the next few months
what about this one, the 250K points?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...tions-max.html
Old Apr 27, 2016, 7:51 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
Big offer - but from what I see to go from 50K to 250K you need to do individual $5K transactions. That seems pretty tough

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
what about this one, the 250K points?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...tions-max.html
Old Apr 27, 2016, 3:59 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Had the Business Plat before (cancelled). Now my wife got a targeted offer (why I have no idea as she has no business). So I used it for me and got approved after calling in ( they didn't ask anything beside checking my identity).
100k after 5k spend and another 50k after an additional 10k (both in the first 3 Month).
Didn't see any "once in a lifetime language" so I hope I get the bonus (had the rep confirm the requirements ).
Wish me luck
Old Apr 27, 2016, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by blitzen
Had the Business Plat before (cancelled). Now my wife got a targeted offer (why I have no idea as she has no business). So I used it for me and got approved after calling in ( they didn't ask anything beside checking my identity).
100k after 5k spend and another 50k after an additional 10k (both in the first 3 Month).
Didn't see any "once in a lifetime language" so I hope I get the bonus (had the rep confirm the requirements ).
Wish me luck
Yes the ones that start with 100k/$5k have no language
Old Aug 12, 2017, 2:08 pm

Anyone with this offer do primarly MS to meet the $20K spend goal?

And what if you have a small "limit" on this business charge card, say $3k? Would you call in to prepay a larger amount (8-10K) then hit it hard with GCs?
Old Aug 15, 2017, 8:18 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Discussion of using purchased invitation codes has been moved:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...svp-codes.html
Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:53 pm

MS on Business Platinum 150k?

I just got an offer for the Business Platinum 150k for 15k spend in 3 months. Oddly it was less than 1 month after getting my first Amex card (PRG with 50k for 1k spend). The 150k offer is 100k for 5k spend and the next 50k for 10k more spend. The 5k spend isn't a problem as I can pay my $1000 rent on card plus various expenses. I project id need to MS about 6k to max this 150k offer. I can float a few grand if I need to pre-pay some expenses. I'd like to MS all 6k though if possible. My question is, is there any way to safely MS 6k without a clawback? This will only be my second AMEX card so I'm not sure on their algorithms. My personal income is like 65k but I put a combined 110k income for myself and wife if that helps in determining how much you think is safe to spend. I do most spend on Chase cards though so total PRG spend in two months is 1500 just to ensure clearance of 1k spend for bonus, so I'm not exactly their most profitable spender at this point. I'm sure they look at profitability also. Thanks dudes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.