Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounges [USA] - Location wishlist, rumors and speculation

Old Jan 15, 2014, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: imnotalawyer
These Centurion Lounges are open. Each has a dedicated discussion thread:

CLT Charlotte (2020)
DEN Denver (2021)
DFW Dallas (2013, Expanded 2018)
HKG Hong Kong (2017)
IAH Houston (2016)
JFK New York, Kennedy (2020)
LAS Las Vegas (2013)
LGA New York, La Guardia (2014, reopened in new Terminal 2021)
LHR London, Heathrow (2021)
MIA Miami (2015, Expanded 2019)
PHL Philadelphia (2017)
PHX Phoenix (2020)
SFO San Francisco (2014)
SEA Seattle (2015, Expanded 2017)

This location is closed due to construction:
LAX Los Angeles (2020)

These locations are announced, but not yet open:
DCA Washington, DC
ATL Atlanta, GA

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounges [USA] - Location wishlist, rumors and speculation

Old Mar 13, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Amex PRG, Ritz Rewards Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Mlife Platinum
FWIW (absolutely zero, of course), I'd like to see MCO and BOS.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 10:38 am

I was skiing at Deer Valley over the weekend and noticed the Centurion Pop-Up lounge was back. It was a gorgeous day, so I did not want to waste the time to check it out. However, others were doing so.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Caesars Diamond, K Fund
Originally Posted by bodiddely
As an AA DCA-based flyer I certainly wouldn't complain, but I kind of doubt it. It would have to be landside or else could only serve 1 out of the 4 airside areas. If you are Plat with AA it would probably be worth if for you to bite the bullet for the Citi Exec card. I've been able to get retention offers the last two years for a $450 and $250 statement credit, respectively, which definitely makes the lounge access worth it to me (plus the 8 friends/family I have as AUs). Not to mention the EQM credits if you can swing putting 40k on it.
It is well known to DCA flyers and residents that the goal is to move the TSA so that terminals are connected airside.

Once this is completed, a CL could be put in the National Hall and each airline have access to it. DCA seems to make the most sense once the renovations are done. Which, if we use the Silver Line as a base, should be done by 2032.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by bodiddely
As an AA DCA-based flyer I certainly wouldn't complain, but I kind of doubt it. It would have to be landside or else could only serve 1 out of the 4 airside areas. If you are Plat with AA it would probably be worth if for you to bite the bullet for the Citi Exec card. I've been able to get retention offers the last two years for a $450 and $250 statement credit, respectively, which definitely makes the lounge access worth it to me (plus the 8 friends/family I have as AUs). Not to mention the EQM credits if you can swing putting 40k on it.
When all the construction is done at DCA, around 2020, I would hope Reagan would be a prime candidate for a CL. Terminals B and C will all be in one secure area, ending the issues with the three separate piers. If I had to guess, AA will build a new Admirals Club in the new commuter terminal and probably leave one of their current clubs. A CL could go there or in a new space in National Hall.

With the amount of O&D high value business and government traffic that goes through DCA I would think it's at the top of AMEX's list.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by DCFinanceinFlight
It is well known to DCA flyers and residents that the goal is to move the TSA so that terminals are connected airside.

Once this is completed, a CL could be put in the National Hall and each airline have access to it. DCA seems to make the most sense once the renovations are done. Which, if we use the Silver Line as a base, should be done by 2032.
Ha, we had the same thought six minutes apart.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 11:47 am

Programs: Fairmont, Amex MR, Marriott
Which, if we use the Silver Line as a base, should be done by 2032.
Spring 2032 though, at the latest.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 12:02 pm

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by steve4
ATL, EWR, LAX, and ORD.
Any rumor/update on the supposed LAX club?
Old Oct 26, 2017, 1:00 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Caesars Diamond, K Fund
Any rumors/speculation on new clubs?
Old Oct 26, 2017, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Global Entry, CLEAR
Still hoping for Denver...
Old Oct 26, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: Delta PM
PWM please. hah
Old Oct 26, 2017, 11:43 pm

Programs: DL Plat
In TPG's video review (not that I would like to give credit to TPG) of the PHL lounge he asks the head of the centurion lounge program who said none are currently being planned
Old Oct 27, 2017, 6:23 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by runningformqm
... none are currently being planned
That's the equivalent of No Comment.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 6:42 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold SPG Gold National Executive Avis Preferred Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by JayTeaBee
PWM please. hah
PWM is my home. Any lounge at this facility boils down to slim and none---unfortunately slim left town
Old Oct 27, 2017, 9:05 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by derby44
PWM is my home. Any lounge at this facility boils down to slim and none---unfortunately slim left town
My home too! haha, I totally agree but dreamers can dream! I guess we're stuck with Linda Bean Lobster "lounge" or Burger King.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by JayTeaBee
PWM please. hah
Originally Posted by derby44
Thanks for giving me a new airport to look up! ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.