Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014; New location open 21 June 2021]

Old Mar 4, 2022, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014; New location open 21 June 2021]

Old Aug 21, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
Might be a staff qualification issue, are the full bartenders in a union at some of these airports?
Old Nov 7, 2017, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Not sure which thread this belongs in but here goes.

Anyone have experience getting into this lounge with a same day boarding pass that arrives into JFK instead of LGA?

Heading to NYC next week for Thanksgiving with my fiancee but have to go to Europe first for work. Will probably arrive into JFK around 6pm (haven't finalized flights yet) and then head to LGA to meet her.

Obviously AMEX lounge is outside security so would be a great place to go and I will have a boarding pass from that day, it will just be an LHR - JFK boarding pass on DL instead of a DL boarding pass into LGA
Old Mar 20, 2018, 6:32 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stopped in last Friday morning from 5:45 to 6:15 am. Annoyingly the hot food isn't brought out until 6:00 AM even though the lounge opens at 5:30. The food was excellent though: Pancakes, fritatta, sausage and potatoes, really good smoked salmon benedict, bread pudding and oatmeal with toppings.

Old Mar 20, 2018, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CMK10
Stopped in last Friday morning from 5:45 to 6:15 am. Annoyingly the hot food isn't brought out until 6:00 AM even though the lounge opens at 5:30. The food was excellent though...
While annoying, it seems to be SOP across the locations since the Houston lounge is the same way. Before 6am it's just the cold stuff like yogurt and fruit. I'm envious of the salmon eggs benedict that sounds really good. ^ Despite my many visits to the LGA Centurion I've never caught it at breakfast time.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 2:57 pm

My first time flying out of LGA as I normally take JFK (given that I live 10 min away from JFK), SW flight at 6:40am... is it worth trying to swing by the lounge for a quick breakfast? Would need time to get through security (with TSA Precheck) and will have a carry on.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 2:59 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by almost.victoria
My first time flying out of LGA as I normally take JFK (given that I live 10 min away from JFK), SW flight at 6:40am... is it worth trying to swing by the lounge for a quick breakfast? Would need time to get through security (with TSA Precheck) and will have a carry on.
Personally I'd go for a bit more sleep, but that's your call. You can see from a few posts above what the breakfast offer looks like, so your choice whether that's worth getting up earlier for.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by bgriff
Personally I'd go for a bit more sleep, but that's your call. You can see from a few posts above what the breakfast offer looks like, so your choice whether that's worth getting up earlier for.
I'm not that worried about sleep so much as having enough time between their 6am hot food in the lounge and getting through security to my gate in time for boarding, haha. Chances are I'll arrive at the airport at 5:30am to check in bags anyways, so I'll already be at LGA.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 3:19 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
I'm not that worried about sleep so much as having enough time between their 6am hot food in the lounge and getting through security to my gate in time for boarding, haha. Chances are I'll arrive at the airport at 5:30am to check in bags anyways, so I'll already be at LGA.
True, I hadn't fully done the math on 6am hot food and 6:40am departure. So it might not be worth it unless you want to cut it somewhat close with heading to security while your flight is likely already boarding. And getting to the boarding process late is especially painful on Southwest of course, though that early in the morning you likely wouldn't be the only one to arrive late.

But if you're going to be at the airport early anyway then you certainly might as well stop by the lounge, maybe you'll get lucky and they'll put out the hot food a few minutes early.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by bgriff
True, I hadn't fully done the math on 6am hot food and 6:40am departure. So it might not be worth it unless you want to cut it somewhat close with heading to security while your flight is likely already boarding. And getting to the boarding process late is especially painful on Southwest of course, though that early in the morning you likely wouldn't be the only one to arrive late.

But if you're going to be at the airport early anyway then you certainly might as well stop by the lounge, maybe you'll get lucky and they'll put out the hot food a few minutes early.
I don't mind if I end up in a middle seat to be honest, being rather low maintenance in terms of leg room as I'm on the small side. I am mostly concerned about missing my flight.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 4:16 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Not sure I’d recommend leaving the lounge after 6 am for a 6:40 flight... not sure how long the screening lines are at that time of day, but note that LGA terminal B concourse B where Southwest departs from doesn’t have a dedicated precheck lane.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 5:52 pm

LGA reconstruction

Does anyone know what will happen to this lounge with the phased reopening of the airside and landside portions of Terminal B? Will there be a new (hopefully) airside location, (also hopefully) accessible to all Terminal B flyers?
Old May 5, 2018, 8:04 am

1. Does the lounge permit people to enter if they are on arriving flights with no further connections?
2. Does the lounge still give out uber credit vouchers? I thought I read somewhere they did but was unsure.
Old May 5, 2018, 9:26 am
dw

Originally Posted by nas6034
1. Does the lounge permit people to enter if they are on arriving flights with no further connections?
2. Does the lounge still give out uber credit vouchers? I thought I read somewhere they did but was unsure.
1. Yes you can use it as an arrival lounge; just make sure to save your boarding pass (and if using an AA mobile boarding pass, take a screenshot because it’ll expire around the time you arrive now)
2. The Uber vouchers were a one time promotion (from back in 2015 I think?)
Old May 5, 2018, 9:30 am
dw

Originally Posted by LAXPlat
Does anyone know what will happen to this lounge with the phased reopening of the airside and landside portions of Terminal B? Will there be a new (hopefully) airside location, (also hopefully) accessible to all Terminal B flyers?
After the new headhouse is open, the entire existing headhouse will be razed so yes, they will have to build a new lounge... I can only assume that the replacement for all of the current landside lounges will be airside and accessible from both new concourses. (Actually it has already been confirmed that the new AC lounge will be opening as soon as the end of the year and that it will be airside.)
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
LGA centurion lounge issue

I was in the LGA centurion lounge today. There is some sort of problem so they did not open the kitchen. There are only a few pasteries out. There is no hot water and the bar is limited to wine or beer. I have a couple long flights coming up and im unable to eat anything here and this is during the lunch hour. Is there a way to get compensation? I rarely use centurion lounges maybe 2 to 3 times a year and when i finally go to use it there is no food.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.