Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014; New location open 21 June 2021]

Old Mar 4, 2022, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014; New location open 21 June 2021]

Old Mar 26, 2017, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Arrow LGA Amex Lounge: lunch/dinner menu March 2017

Below the most recent lunch/dinner menu (as of Sunday March 26 2017) @AMEX Centurion LGA
Chef: Cédric Von Gerichten
http://www.perrystrestaurant.com/#!/...-vongerichten/

- Herbal Chicken Soup (yummy)
- Passion Fruit Chipotle BBQ Beef Brisket
- Spicy Sweet Peas Purée
- Roasted Vegetables, Pecorino, Sunflower Seeds
- Ginger Rice
- Strawberry & Cranberry Smoothie
- Brownie
- Coconut & Pecan Cookie

I like the lounge, but some male guests have no manners: no flush, or 1 guy peed with the door wide open...

Blood Oranges & Planes...

Last edited by zip10001; Mar 26, 2017 at 7:49 pm Reason: link to Perry Street Restaurant
Old Mar 26, 2017, 8:42 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Hopefully the cod is no longer in rotation. I found it rather dry (it simply did not hold up in a buffet setting), and it also filled the entire serving area with an unpleasant fishy odor.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
Today's lunch at the LGA Centurion Lounge was lemongrass honey-glazed chicken breast, sweet pea purée, tomato soup, and basmati rice. The chicken was a little bland for my taste but overall the food was decent, as always.

The receptionist at the front desk gave me coupons for three free e-books (Amazon Kindle Singles), courtesy of Amex. Unfortunately there are only a few books available with this promo at Amazon.com/centurionebook.

Also, one of the stalls in the men's room was out of order, leaving only one functioning toilet and a long wait at times.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 5:33 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
The NO flush noted in #346 can be excused, many toilets are now SELF-FLUSHING, so keeping track of those that aren't might be an oversight.
Old May 7, 2017, 1:27 pm

At LGA, on Arrival in SW, can I get to centurion lounge? What do I need to do?
Old May 8, 2017, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by jasmians
Yes. It's in the pre-security area. After you exit the concourse, go up one level.
Old May 11, 2017, 2:44 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jasmians
Originally Posted by newsmanhoss
Yes. It's in the pre-security area. After you exit the concourse, go up one level.
Make sure you have your inbound boarding pass, they will require it for entry
Old May 11, 2017, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
With all the construction at LGA, what is the process to get from the Delta terminal to the Central Terminal to visit the lounge? My Mom is arriving on Delta tomorrow and was curious.
Old May 12, 2017, 11:08 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
With all the construction at LGA, what is the process to get from the Delta terminal to the Central Terminal to visit the lounge? My Mom is arriving on Delta tomorrow and was curious.
I did it back in March and it's a 5 minute shuttle bus to the Delta terminal at LGA. Only took 5 minutes on a saturday even with all the traffic + construction.
Old May 12, 2017, 11:24 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
It is no longer possible to walk between the terminals though, so shuttle bus is the only option -- and traffic has gotten better but is still occasionally a mess.

Personally I don't think it's currently worthwhile to visit the Centurion lounge when flying Delta (especially if it's just a single person traveling by themselves who would have access to the Delta Sky Clubs, which are not as nice as the Centurion lounge but definitely nicer than they used to be), but that's for each person to decide for themselves.
Old May 12, 2017, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bgriff
Personally I don't think it's currently worthwhile to visit the Centurion lounge when flying Delta (especially if it's just a single person traveling by themselves who would have access to the Delta Sky Clubs, which are not as nice as the Centurion lounge but definitely nicer than they used to be), but that's for each person to decide for themselves.
As soon as I told her shuttle bus, she said thanks but the sky club will be fine, so seems she agrees with you!
Old May 12, 2017, 1:57 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by bgriff
It is no longer possible to walk between the terminals though, so shuttle bus is the only option -- and traffic has gotten better but is still occasionally a mess.
FYI-- for people who are flying AA out of the old US gates in Terminal C, in lieu of taking the landslide Purple Shuttle Bus, it's actually easier to clear security at one of the AA piers in Terminal B (PreCheck at concourse D always seems to be very fast) and take the airside AA shuttle bus to Terminal C. It's a straight shot and doesn't have to deal with traffic on the landside roadways.

I just did this last week, and I did get lucky because the shuttle bus was already boarding as I cleared security, but I made it from the Centurion Lounge to the AA Shuttle gates in C in 16 minutes.
Old May 12, 2017, 7:33 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dw
FYI-- for people who are flying AA out of the old US gates in Terminal C, in lieu of taking the landslide Purple Shuttle Bus, it's actually easier to clear security at one of the AA piers in Terminal B (PreCheck at concourse D always seems to be very fast) and take the airside AA shuttle bus to Terminal C. It's a straight shot and doesn't have to deal with traffic on the landside roadways.

I just did this last week, and I did get lucky because the shuttle bus was already boarding as I cleared security, but I made it from the Centurion Lounge to the AA Shuttle gates in C in 16 minutes.
Some AAgents at the shuttle gate don't even check BP. So in theory you could take the AA shuttle with just a DL BP to get past TSA.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 7:20 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Spent 4:30-6:30 PM at the CL last Friday. The lounge was not overly crowded: there were seats at the counter by the bar overlooking the taxiways and later on space opened up in the room behind the check in area. The bartender made a fairly good Bullet Rye Old Fashioned too.

Food options were:
- Ginger rice
- Roasted carrots with pesto and lime
- Split super pea puree
- Fried chicken with scotch bonnet sauce
- Cream of tomato soup with parmesan cheese

Also, waiters came around with bread with cream cheese and strawberry reduction canapes
Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:41 pm

I've got a 2hr30minute connection at LGA with AA (BOS-LGA-PIT). I'm likely to arrive into Terminal C, and depart from Terminal B. We have TSA Precheck, and would have to transfer from Terminal C->B anyway for my connection. I think that we'd take an AA airside bus between Terminals B and C though, as there is no obvious walking option and would want to avoid the landside construction on the purple bus.

Do you think I'll have chance to head to the Centurion Lounge between the flights, and spend some meaningful time in there? Or just use the AA Lounges?

I've been in the Centurion Lounge at LGA before, and find it much nicer than the AA lounge - but I can't remember how long it roughly takes to get between terminals as I rarely travel to/through LGA. I'm assuming that the AA airside bus is going to be better than the landside bus, but if you think otherwise then let me know

Last edited by Simon Schus; Jun 19, 2017 at 12:51 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.