Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014; New location open 21 June 2021]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2022, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014; New location open 21 June 2021]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2018, 3:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Red259
I was in the LGA centurion lounge today. There is some sort of problem so they did not open the kitchen. There are only a few pasteries out. There is no hot water and the bar is limited to wine or beer. I have a couple long flights coming up and im unable to eat anything here and this is during the lunch hour. Is there a way to get compensation? I rarely use centurion lounges maybe 2 to 3 times a year and when i finally go to use it there is no food.
I don't know that there is a way to claim compensation retroactively. I imagine it would have to have been dealt with in person by asking for some kind of voucher. Not sure if it's something they do for issues like this, but I've seen situations before when Centurion Lounges have been overcrowded, and they have provided vouchers to buy food in the terminal.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 7:31 pm

The Centurion lounge in LGA is not just crowded, it has stupid hours: they close at 8 PM and stop serving booze at 7:30! With our flight scheduled at 9:15 PM and delayed to 10:30, because, come on, this is LGA and there is one cloud in the sky, how can they do this? I had such high expectations from American Express that I did not imagine for a second that it could be so bad... and I did not check their hpurs. I thought they were LGA’s saving grace but tonight I just had to deal with my misery.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by af fp
The Centurion lounge in LGA is not just crowded, it has stupid hours: they close at 8 PM and stop serving booze at 7:30! With our flight scheduled at 9:15 PM and delayed to 10:30, because, come on, this is LGA and there is one cloud in the sky, how can they do this? I had such high expectations from American Express that I did not imagine for a second that it could be so bad... and I did not check their hpurs. I thought they were LGA’s saving grace but tonight I just had to deal with my misery.
My guess is that the early closing is to prevent the lounge from becoming a late-night scene for ARRIVING passengers wanting free dinner/drinks before they head home.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by ESpen36
My guess is that the early closing is to prevent the lounge from becoming a late-night scene for ARRIVING passengers wanting free dinner/drinks before they head home.
This guess does not make sense. They can just restrict access to departing passengers only.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 9:17 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
.... they close at 8 PM ....
Early closing at LGA seems to be the norm.

The United Club that is outside security also closes at 8:00 pm (6:00 pm on Saturday).

The Admirals Club that is inside security closes at 9:00 pm (8:00 pm on Saturday).
Old Oct 27, 2018, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
it has stupid hours: they close at 8 PM and stop serving booze at 7:30! With our flight scheduled at 9:15 PM and delayed to 10:30 ... but tonight I just had to deal with my misery.
Such is life unfortunately, and I say that as somebody who a couple years ago had a 7pm UA flight get delayed until nearly 11pm. I haven't flown out of LGA in the evening in a while, but IIRC there just aren't that many flights out of the Central Terminal after 8 pm. The main Delta SkyClubs in C & D are open until 10pm during the week.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 2:26 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stopped in on Christmas Day to find the club pretty empty. I was given a nice gift of an Amazon Echo Dot. The bar annoyingly doesn't have Chambord so I couldn't have a Kir Royale but the sparking wine they had was quite tasty. Speaking of tasty:

Lunch was excellent as always. Rice, carrots and the Thai chicken made for a very tasty lunch indeed. I asked the agents if they knew the lounge's plans for when the new terminal is built but they do not. As of now the only impact is the view of the C/D concourses is somewhat hampered by a giant construction pit.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 1:44 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Another visit. They're still here though the United Club has now moved past security

Sadly the bar is closed on Sunday mornings due to New York State Liquor Laws

Breakfast was poached eggs with mushrooms, an egg fritata that was far too cheesy, silver dollar pancakes and French Toast which was incredible. Could have used some protein though

Construction outside is pretty far advanced which ruins the views. I'm not sure how much longer this lounge can stay here in fact.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 1:58 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by CMK10

Construction outside is pretty far advanced which ruins the views. I'm not sure how much longer this lounge can stay here in fact.
As of when the new section of gates (the new C concourse) opened in December, it was reported that the new headhouse was going to open in 2020, at which point the building currently housing the Centurion Lounge will be closed and torn down. The construction timelines have been slipping somewhat although they also haven't said when in 2020 as far as I can tell, so it's somewhat up in the air when exactly that would happen.

Presumably Amex could move the lounge to the new headhouse building (before or after security), or could take a spot, presumably alongside a new Admirals' Club, in the yet-to-be-built B concourse, though that isn't due to open until after the headhouse does I believe. Both the B and C concourses will be accessed from the new headhouse but I haven't seen a clear indication of whether they will be connected after security or not; if not and if the Centurion Lounge ends up airside, it could become useful to a much more limited set of customers.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: DL PM
Centurion at LGA

Hi folks,

I'm a recent AMEX Platinum card holder. I'll soon be flying LGA-STL with a colleague who doesn't have status or card access anywhere.
We are flying Delta out of LGA terminal C.

I know I could access the Skyclub, but my colleague would have to pay.
I also know I can bring him into the Centurion lounge as a guest for free, but it is in Terminal B.

I don't think it is easy to walk between them, and with the construction and crazy traffic at LGA, I'm not sure if the terminal shuttle is a good idea.

Any thoughts on all this?

Thanks!
Old Aug 28, 2019, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by grunze
I don't think it is easy to walk between them, and with the construction and crazy traffic at LGA, I'm not sure if the terminal shuttle is a good idea.

You cannot walk between the terminals right now at all. As for traffic, depends on the time of day, day of the week. I went to the Centurion lounge for breakfast with my checked bag a couple weeks ago and then took the shuttle over, but it was a Saturday morning so there was no traffic to speak of. A weekday at 3-5pm? No way I'd bother. Though IME the terminal shuttle runs pretty well, you just never know if you're going to be there on a bad day until you're stuck in traffic on the loop.
af fp likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 4:25 pm

Also note that the DL lounge fee is lower if you pay for your colleague with your card. The Central and DL terminals are too disconnected to make using the Centurion lounge an easy experience.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 5:08 pm

I did this once when walking between terminals was permitted. It was an easy 10 minute stroll from B to C. Now, with the construction, potential shuttle delays, and no option to walk, there's no way I'd do it.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 8:30 pm

Programs: MS AMEX PLAT- Marriott Titanium-HH G- UA Silver-JPM RC . DL-AA-BA
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
You cannot walk between the terminals right now at all. As for traffic, depends on the time of day, day of the week. I went to the Centurion lounge for breakfast with my checked bag a couple weeks ago and then took the shuttle over, but it was a Saturday morning so there was no traffic to speak of. A weekday at 3-5pm? No way I'd bother. Though IME the terminal shuttle runs pretty well, you just never know if you're going to be there on a bad day until you're stuck in traffic on the loop.
I'm not sure LGA qualifies as an airport right now. It's more like a construction zone with airplanes landing.
geckoflyer, krazykanuck and alggag like this.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 9:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Hi folks,

I'm a recent AMEX Platinum card holder. I'll soon be flying LGA-STL with a colleague who doesn't have status or card access anywhere.
We are flying Delta out of LGA terminal C.

I know I could access the Skyclub, but my colleague would have to pay.
I also know I can bring him into the Centurion lounge as a guest for free, but it is in Terminal B.

Thanks!
Do not do this. If traffic is bad (which it will be) It will take 30+ minutes to get from the Lounge to the C security line. The precheck line is a nightmare in C, there must have been 200 people in it on a Wednesday evening. If you truly want to do this, I would leave the Centurion Lounge 1.5-2hrs prior to takeoff. I speak from recent experience. The Centurion lounge is great, uncrowded, great food and bar. But it is not worth it unless you are leaving from B.

Since it is pre-security, it was easy enough when you could walk between terminals. But I recently flew out of LGA just to go to the lounge pre-departure and it was a mistake all around.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.