Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014]

Reply

Old Mar 26, 17, 7:48 pm
  #346  
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: NYC
Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 190
Arrow LGA Amex Lounge: lunch/dinner menu March 2017

Below the most recent lunch/dinner menu (as of Sunday March 26 2017) @AMEX Centurion LGA
Chef: Cédric Von Gerichten
http://www.perrystrestaurant.com/#!/...-vongerichten/

- Herbal Chicken Soup (yummy)
- Passion Fruit Chipotle BBQ Beef Brisket
- Spicy Sweet Peas Purée
- Roasted Vegetables, Pecorino, Sunflower Seeds
- Ginger Rice
- Strawberry & Cranberry Smoothie
- Brownie
- Coconut & Pecan Cookie

I like the lounge, but some male guests have no manners: no flush, or 1 guy peed with the door wide open...


....


...


...


...




Blood Oranges & Planes...

Last edited by zip10001; Mar 26, 17 at 7:49 pm Reason: link to Perry Street Restaurant
zip10001 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 17, 8:42 pm
  #347  
dw
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: New York, NY
Programs: AA Plat, IHG Spire Amb/Kimpton IC, Marriott/SPG (New) Plat
Posts: 4,448
Hopefully the cod is no longer in rotation. I found it rather dry (it simply did not hold up in a buffet setting), and it also filled the entire serving area with an unpleasant fishy odor.
dw is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 17, 1:41 pm
  #348  
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Between RIC and IAD
Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
Posts: 3,908
Today's lunch at the LGA Centurion Lounge was lemongrass honey-glazed chicken breast, sweet pea purée, tomato soup, and basmati rice. The chicken was a little bland for my taste but overall the food was decent, as always.

The receptionist at the front desk gave me coupons for three free e-books (Amazon Kindle Singles), courtesy of Amex. Unfortunately there are only a few books available with this promo at Amazon.com/centurionebook.

Also, one of the stalls in the men's room was out of order, leaving only one functioning toilet and a long wait at times.
wahooflyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 17, 5:33 pm
  #349  
nrr
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Programs: AA Executive Platinum; 2MM AA Delta Platinum
Posts: 8,515
The NO flush noted in #346 can be excused, many toilets are now SELF-FLUSHING, so keeping track of those that aren't might be an oversight.
nrr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 17, 1:27 pm
  #350  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 58
At LGA, on Arrival in SW, can I get to centurion lounge? What do I need to do?
jasmians is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 17, 6:12 am
  #351  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,334
Originally Posted by jasmians View Post
At LGA, on Arrival in SW, can I get to centurion lounge? What do I need to do?
Yes. It's in the pre-security area. After you exit the concourse, go up one level.
newsmanhoss is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 17, 2:44 pm
  #352  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Durham, NC (RDU/GSO/FAY)
Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Posts: 28,850
Originally Posted by jasmians View Post
At LGA, on Arrival in SW, can I get to centurion lounge? What do I need to do?
Originally Posted by newsmanhoss View Post
Yes. It's in the pre-security area. After you exit the concourse, go up one level.
Make sure you have your inbound boarding pass, they will require it for entry
CMK10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 17, 5:59 pm
  #353  
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NYC
Programs: DL Silver, Hilton Diamond, Starriott Plat, Hyatt FreeBottleofWaterist
Posts: 7,570
With all the construction at LGA, what is the process to get from the Delta terminal to the Central Terminal to visit the lounge? My Mom is arriving on Delta tomorrow and was curious.
krazykanuck is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 17, 11:08 am
  #354  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: BOS/PSC - bicoastal at the moment
Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Posts: 1,264
Originally Posted by krazykanuck View Post
With all the construction at LGA, what is the process to get from the Delta terminal to the Central Terminal to visit the lounge? My Mom is arriving on Delta tomorrow and was curious.
I did it back in March and it's a 5 minute shuttle bus to the Delta terminal at LGA. Only took 5 minutes on a saturday even with all the traffic + construction.
hi55us is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 17, 11:24 am
  #355  
Marriott 5+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Programs: DL Diamond; SPG Platinum; sometimes other things too
Posts: 3,354
Originally Posted by krazykanuck View Post
With all the construction at LGA, what is the process to get from the Delta terminal to the Central Terminal to visit the lounge? My Mom is arriving on Delta tomorrow and was curious.
It is no longer possible to walk between the terminals though, so shuttle bus is the only option -- and traffic has gotten better but is still occasionally a mess.

Personally I don't think it's currently worthwhile to visit the Centurion lounge when flying Delta (especially if it's just a single person traveling by themselves who would have access to the Delta Sky Clubs, which are not as nice as the Centurion lounge but definitely nicer than they used to be), but that's for each person to decide for themselves.
bgriff is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 17, 1:41 pm
  #356  
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NYC
Programs: DL Silver, Hilton Diamond, Starriott Plat, Hyatt FreeBottleofWaterist
Posts: 7,570
Originally Posted by bgriff View Post
Personally I don't think it's currently worthwhile to visit the Centurion lounge when flying Delta (especially if it's just a single person traveling by themselves who would have access to the Delta Sky Clubs, which are not as nice as the Centurion lounge but definitely nicer than they used to be), but that's for each person to decide for themselves.
As soon as I told her shuttle bus, she said thanks but the sky club will be fine, so seems she agrees with you!
krazykanuck is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 17, 1:57 pm
  #357  
dw
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: New York, NY
Programs: AA Plat, IHG Spire Amb/Kimpton IC, Marriott/SPG (New) Plat
Posts: 4,448
Originally Posted by bgriff View Post
It is no longer possible to walk between the terminals though, so shuttle bus is the only option -- and traffic has gotten better but is still occasionally a mess.
FYI-- for people who are flying AA out of the old US gates in Terminal C, in lieu of taking the landslide Purple Shuttle Bus, it's actually easier to clear security at one of the AA piers in Terminal B (PreCheck at concourse D always seems to be very fast) and take the airside AA shuttle bus to Terminal C. It's a straight shot and doesn't have to deal with traffic on the landside roadways.

I just did this last week, and I did get lucky because the shuttle bus was already boarding as I cleared security, but I made it from the Centurion Lounge to the AA Shuttle gates in C in 16 minutes.
dw is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 17, 7:33 pm
  #358  
Original Member
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: New York, NY, USA
Programs: AA 2MM, Hyatt Glob, SPG LTP
Posts: 11,350
Originally Posted by dw View Post
FYI-- for people who are flying AA out of the old US gates in Terminal C, in lieu of taking the landslide Purple Shuttle Bus, it's actually easier to clear security at one of the AA piers in Terminal B (PreCheck at concourse D always seems to be very fast) and take the airside AA shuttle bus to Terminal C. It's a straight shot and doesn't have to deal with traffic on the landside roadways.

I just did this last week, and I did get lucky because the shuttle bus was already boarding as I cleared security, but I made it from the Centurion Lounge to the AA Shuttle gates in C in 16 minutes.
Some AAgents at the shuttle gate don't even check BP. So in theory you could take the AA shuttle with just a DL BP to get past TSA.
seawolf is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 17, 7:20 pm
  #359  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Durham, NC (RDU/GSO/FAY)
Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Posts: 28,850
Spent 4:30-6:30 PM at the CL last Friday. The lounge was not overly crowded: there were seats at the counter by the bar overlooking the taxiways and later on space opened up in the room behind the check in area. The bartender made a fairly good Bullet Rye Old Fashioned too.

Food options were:
- Ginger rice
- Roasted carrots with pesto and lime
- Split super pea puree
- Fried chicken with scotch bonnet sauce
- Cream of tomato soup with parmesan cheese

Also, waiters came around with bread with cream cheese and strawberry reduction canapes
CMK10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 17, 12:41 pm
  #360  
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 586
I've got a 2hr30minute connection at LGA with AA (BOS-LGA-PIT). I'm likely to arrive into Terminal C, and depart from Terminal B. We have TSA Precheck, and would have to transfer from Terminal C->B anyway for my connection. I think that we'd take an AA airside bus between Terminals B and C though, as there is no obvious walking option and would want to avoid the landside construction on the purple bus.

Do you think I'll have chance to head to the Centurion Lounge between the flights, and spend some meaningful time in there? Or just use the AA Lounges?

I've been in the Centurion Lounge at LGA before, and find it much nicer than the AA lounge - but I can't remember how long it roughly takes to get between terminals as I rarely travel to/through LGA. I'm assuming that the AA airside bus is going to be better than the landside bus, but if you think otherwise then let me know

Last edited by Simon Schus; Jun 19, 17 at 12:51 pm
Simon Schus is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread