Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014; New location open 21 June 2021]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2022, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014; New location open 21 June 2021]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2015, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by mgarrett96
Is the C-D connector clearly marked? The reason I ask is that I've never flown out of this terminal of LGA before and I want to make sure I have enough time to get through (non precheck and non priority) security.
Yes. Once airside in C, just turn right and start walking. You'll see signs for Terminal D.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 8:12 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by mgarrett96
Is the C-D connector clearly marked? The reason I ask is that I've never flown out of this terminal of LGA before and I want to make sure I have enough time to get through (non precheck and non priority) security.
Once you are inside terminal C, there are plenty of signs to terminal D. Delta operates terminals C and D as one unit (for example, gate numbering starts in terminal D and continues in terminal C; there isn't a gate 1 in both) so that part is pretty easy.

From B to C/D you can walk or there is an airport shuttle bus if the weather is bad. Walking is not too difficult; there is a lot of construction going on so there are some detours, but it's reasonably well-signed. You can also see the Terminal C building with its Delta signage pretty easily once you're outside of Terminal B (turn left outside the Terminal B front doors) so as long as you keep an eye on the destination you should be able to get there.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 9:59 am

Dear Team,

I have a query about the American Express Centurion Lounges, and I'm thinking this might be the most appropriate thread to ask.

I wanted to know if it possible to access the Centurion Lounges as an arrivals lounge?

I am thinking about using the Centurion Lounge at LGA after a flight, and I believe that the lounge is landside rather than airside so that there shouldn’t be any issues in physically getting to the lounge. I’d land in LGA would have the boarding pass for a flight into the airport, but I would not be having any onward travel from LGA.

If anything, I might have a boarding pass for a flight from JFK that evening but I’m not sure if the “onward boarding pass” mentioned on the access rules website needs to be for the same airport. The main idea would be to have a shower and a snack before some onward travel. If I did enter, it would be using my AMEX Platinum card.

I acknowledge that the answer to this question might be a "we don't know, but try it out and let us know". However, I thought I'd ask in case anybody does have any first-hand experience.

Simon.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by Simon Schus
Dear Team,

I have a query about the American Express Centurion Lounges, and I'm thinking this might be the most appropriate thread to ask.

I wanted to know if it possible to access the Centurion Lounges as an arrivals lounge?

I am thinking about using the Centurion Lounge at LGA after a flight, and I believe that the lounge is landside rather than airside so that there shouldn’t be any issues in physically getting to the lounge. I’d land in LGA would have the boarding pass for a flight into the airport, but I would not be having any onward travel from LGA.

If anything, I might have a boarding pass for a flight from JFK that evening but I’m not sure if the “onward boarding pass” mentioned on the access rules website needs to be for the same airport. The main idea would be to have a shower and a snack before some onward travel. If I did enter, it would be using my AMEX Platinum card.

I acknowledge that the answer to this question might be a "we don't know, but try it out and let us know". However, I thought I'd ask in case anybody does have any first-hand experience.

Simon.
It's possible to do it. I've done it before. Landed at LGA from FLL and went in showed my boarding pass and plat card ate/drank then caught my Uber home! Safe/happy travels!
Old Aug 23, 2015, 12:04 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
I use the Centurion lounge on arrival all the time ... no problem.. Just show your card and your departing boarding pass... Enjoy.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by ACfly
I use the Centurion lounge on arrival all the time ... no problem.. Just show your card and your departing boarding pass... Enjoy.
+1 - Cent Lounges can certainly be used on arrival. Just show your arrival BP and Plat card at check-in - nobody will blink an eye.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 12:45 pm

Sorry. 😕 I misunderstood.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 3:10 pm

LGA centurion lounge for arrival flight

I fly to LGA each monday morning. To make the most of the platinum benefit, I plan to visit the centurion lounge there. I am wondering if I will be allowed to enter for arrival flight? And what is the best way to travel from Terminal C to Terminal B?

Thanks
Old Sep 6, 2015, 3:49 pm

You will have no issues visiting the Centurion Lounge for an arrival flight
Old Sep 7, 2015, 2:36 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by caikose
I fly to LGA each monday morning. To make the most of the platinum benefit, I plan to visit the centurion lounge there. I am wondering if I will be allowed to enter for arrival flight? And what is the best way to travel from Terminal C to Terminal B?

Thanks
If you're arriving on a US Airways flight, you can take the airside shuttle to the lounge. Just tell the shuttle gate workers that you want to go to the lounge.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 8:32 pm

Fried chicken and udon tonight.
Bartenders not as friendly as Michael and Francis at SFO.

Wish they closed later (currently 8pm).

For AA to USAir connections
Tonight the shuttles run from D2 to C2 to C39.

3 stops. Don't get out at the wrong one.

On USAIR 4643 LGA-PIT delayed 2:20 and counting.

Maintenance issues. Alt+Ctrl+Delete to reboot to no avail.

52 minute flight.
Apparently lots of gas to go fast, per pilot.

Equipment change, waited for a plane to get in from PHL.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 3:14 pm

So had my first Centurion Lounge visit today! There were very few people and the coffee, fried chicken, and roasted carrots were great. The pea puree tasted like it was made from canned peas though - kinda gross.
The staff were super friendly and I really enjoyed being there and getting some work done. My flight left from gate C1 - it only took me about 5 minutes to get to the gate! (I've got TSA PreCheck) so I actually could have spent another 1/2 hour in the lounge. Will know better next time.
Very glad I got the AmEx Plat!
Old Oct 8, 2015, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA PL, DL Gold, Hyatt Dia, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Alcohol policy?

Really embarrassing bar incident today. We had good rapport with the bartender an hour or so ago (though she and the bar back were doing constant upkeep and not particularly proactive). My partner and I had 3 cocktails over the course of an hour and a half. The bartender went away and we attempted to order a drink from a lounge manager (? The ones that wear plainclothes) and she went to the back for a few moments and upon coming back announced that we'd reached our earlier limit and that we'd have to wait a half hour before being served again. I'd never heard of this policy but whatever. Fast forward half regular bar staff is back and we ask to order and the bartender goes to manager and manager reports back we can have wine or beer or soft drinks. She then states we don't want to tarnish the brand by serving you.

As much as I'd like to be thinner, I'm a big girl and my partner is no mini mini either. I say this to emphasize that neither of us were intoxicated (visibly or otherwise) or otherwise obstreperous. The embarrassment comes from the denial and subsequent reasoning especially given that others were being served unlimited glasses of wine. Has anyone had a similar experience? Or has anyone heard of this "policy"?
Old Oct 8, 2015, 12:30 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion, United Global Services
Originally Posted by heatheresq
As much as I'd like to be thinner, I'm a big girl and my partner is no mini mini either. I say this to emphasize that neither of us were intoxicated (visibly or otherwise) or otherwise obstreperous. The embarrassment comes from the denial and subsequent reasoning especially given that others were being served unlimited glasses of wine. Has anyone had a similar experience? Or has anyone heard of this "policy"?
Three hard alcohol drinks each in 90 minutes? Most people couldn't legally drive after that. I can imagine it's kind of embarrassing and I have no doubt as you say that you were in control but for the average folks that's hitting it pretty hard, you aren't at a nightclub and from the perspective of Amex, I can see why they don't want someone stumbling to the gate intoxicated or drunk on the plane and word gets out that it was Amex that was serving them. You have to figure that their policies are aimed at protecting the dainty from doing something dumb on the plane.

Don't take it personally, I'm sure that's just a policy they have to enforce for everyone. If we were 95-pound weaklings they would be scraping us off the floor. They probably don't want to have to make a judgement call every time someone comes to the bar.

Odd that they would say you can have unlimited wine or beer. Did they just figure it takes more time to drink beer and with the wine you are just getting those little 1oz samplers and would get frustrated before you could consume much?

Source; bartended my way through college and it can be really hard to judge someone's alcohol tolerance just looking at them and taking their word would be the last thing I'd do.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA PL, DL Gold, Hyatt Dia, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Lol! Thanks for the expertise. I definitely hear you. It was just so embarrassing and different from what I've experienced in the lounge. I wish that something was posted so I wouldn't have felt like an exception. Fail.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.