Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014; New location open 21 June 2021]

Old Mar 4, 2022, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014; New location open 21 June 2021]

Old Oct 10, 2014, 10:14 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by socalduck
Having lunch now, and there are only a handful of guests. First time I've had the fried chicken, and it is excellent!
Good to hear they changed the menu. Was getting tired of the salmon.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 8:12 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
What a great lounge! Had an early morning arrival, had an excellent breakfast and coffee, exactly what I needed before heading off to play tourist.

Have a late flight on Monday and spouse has a bit of work to do. Told her I did not mind going to the airport early so she can work. Never said that about LGA before!
Old Oct 14, 2014, 4:44 pm

Programs: SPG 75 Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Delta PM, AA EXP
Was here about a week or so ago.
The french toast was amazing, the lounge was fairly smaller than DFW or LAS, but there were only 4 other people in there with me so I figure they don't need as much space.

Hope to stop by again soon and try out their dinner menu.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 4:08 pm
Original Member

Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014]

Tried the fried chicken "strips." Not bad. Unlike the salmon, I don't think it is restaurant quality but it didn't stop me from having a plate full. Good to see they kept the burrata. Didn't see the heirloom tomatoes last week. Hope it is just out of season and not removed permanently.

LGA staff reports that MIA is still 1Q 2015.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 5:17 pm

Programs: Various airline, hotel and credit card programs
Originally Posted by seawolf
LGA staff reports that MIA is still 1Q 2015.
Did they say which terminal? Before/after security?
Old Nov 3, 2014, 5:35 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Vaclav
Did they say which terminal? Before/after security?
Refer to post# 20 in Centurion Lounge MIA [Future].

The space is located on the fourth level of the rotunda next to gate D-12.
This pretty much puts it right next to the Admirals Club in D15 as that club surrounds part of the rotunda.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 2:59 pm

Programs: Stuff
How does this lounge and actually any Cent lounge compare with the Virgin Clubhouse in LHR? I normally fly out of JFK for my internals in the US but might switch to LGA if it's as good as the UC CH..

Thanks! :-)
Old Nov 11, 2014, 4:36 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by AndyB
How does this lounge and actually any Cent lounge compare with the Virgin Clubhouse in LHR? I normally fly out of JFK for my internals in the US but might switch to LGA if it's as good as the UC CH..

Thanks! :-)
Well, the Centurion lounges are not as good as the LHR Clubhouse, but they're much closer than anything else you'd find for domestic US travel.

In particular, the food is generally of equivalent quality to a Clubhouse, but with only a buffet, no waiter or menu service. The cocktails (quality of ingredients and novelty of menu offerings) are equivalent to a Clubhouse, except that there is no table waiter service for drinks. There is a spa only in the DFW location (as of now) and it is significantly less elaborate than the VS Clubhouse spas. The overall ambiance is not quite as chic as the Clubhouse, and the Centurion lounges are quite a bit smaller in floor space and therefore don't have the opportunity to offer the multiple different "environments" of the LHR Clubhouse, but the Centurion lounges are still quite nice.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 6:32 pm

I was here last week and straddled breakfast and lunch (so I guess I had brunch?). Food was excellent, especially the breakfast. The French Toast was amongst the best I've ever had, the yogurt parfait with granola and fig jam was incredible, and the sriracha eggs benedict was fantastic. Tried the frittata too which was very good.

Lunch, as mentioned, has been changed from salmon to chicken. I thought the chicken was good, but I far preferred the salmon based on taste and also health (I feel like it's so easy to eat junk food when traveling, so it would've been nice to have a healthier option). Not a fan of the vegetables/fruits with peccorino. Brussels sprouts were good, and the udon is the same as before. Burrata on crostini still there and my favorite thing offered at lunch. Dessert changed from strawberry shortcake to a mint-chocolate mousse that I felt was rather standard and not that great. Overall, liked the summer menu more (especially the salmon and the dessert), but this was still quite credible.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 8:19 pm

Does anybody know how long it takes to get from the lounge to Term C(US airways)? I heard they have a shuttle, but how easy is the trip and how often do they run?

(Searched and couldn't find info on this)
Old Nov 12, 2014, 8:23 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa
Does anybody know how long it takes to get from the lounge to Term C(US airways)? I heard they have a shuttle, but how easy is the trip and how often do they run?

(Searched and couldn't find info on this)
15 minutes to walking to C would be ample time.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 12:16 pm
Original Member

WiFi at Centurion Lounge

Burrata is gone. Replaced with a tuna tartar.

Last edited by seawolf; Nov 13, 2014 at 12:28 pm
Old Nov 16, 2014, 6:19 pm
Original Member

Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014]

Last call is around 7:20pm.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Looks like the food menu online has changed a bit since I was last there. Curious to try it.

I'll be there for a few hours tomorrow afternoon if anybody else is passing through.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 5:12 pm
Original Member

Sunday after Thanksgiving. Lounge pretty quite despite the mad house outside. Exit ramp from GCP to LGA complete standstill. Both departure and arrivals around Central Terminal standstill as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.