Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2019, 9:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by JHake10
It was one of the upper panes. I read that it just fell over night and shattered.
That’s my recollection, but I’m not sure. Thankfully no one was hurt. Could have been horrible.
Old May 17, 2019, 1:30 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by dhuey

That’s my recollection, but I’m not sure. Thankfully no one was hurt. Could have been horrible.
It was pretty recent. This was the original post from November 2017.
Old May 17, 2019, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by sierranevada
FYI - Went to lounge at SFO today and sign says "closed for maintenance".
The problem at the lounge was a boiler that produced hot water for the bathrooms and the shower. It broke.

I arrived at about 0830 on Wednesday morning: no showers due to unspecified technical issues. I went to LA and got back at about 5 pm. They still had the problem. At 6:36 pm, they made an announcement saying that the lounge would close at 7 pm. The bar stopped serving at 6:45 pm.

I’m flying back to SFO now and hope to be at the lounge by 9 am. I hope the shower is working this time!
Old May 17, 2019, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
All’s well with the Centurion Lounge at SFO: the shower is working again.
Flying Machine and cuthroat like this.
Old May 30, 2019, 7:42 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, WN A-List, QR Gold
I don’t know if this has been mentioned before, but the SFO Centurion Lounge is now limiting certain brands of alcohol to the specialty drinks on the cocktail menu. It’s apparently limited to the St. George gin and Basil Hayden’s bourbon for now. The manager on duty explained that it’s a cost saving measure that they hope they will not have to expand to other brands.

It’s not the end of the world, but the change is particularly disappointing in light of other measures recently taken to cut costs at the Centurion Lounge (e.g., limiting access) and the Priority Pass benefit devaluation.
cuthroat likes this.
Old May 31, 2019, 4:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by mmfisher
I don’t know if this has been mentioned before, but the SFO Centurion Lounge is now limiting certain brands of alcohol to the specialty drinks on the cocktail menu. It’s apparently limited to the St. George gin and Basil Hayden’s bourbon for now. The manager on duty explained that it’s a cost saving measure that they hope they will not have to expand to other brands.

It’s not the end of the world, but the change is particularly disappointing in light of other measures recently taken to cut costs at the Centurion Lounge (e.g., limiting access) and the Priority Pass benefit devaluation.
That's unfortunate and heading in the wrong direction.

After all, AMEX did just jack the annual fee recently.

Glad the shower is restored- had two nice SFO showers last month ^
Old Jun 1, 2019, 5:11 am

Programs: aeroplan, amex mr, avios
Centurion Lounge SFO is strictly enforcing the 3-hour visit rule.
My departure was on the international terminal and based on previous posts I thought that I have to go through security twice. When I arrived 4 hours earlier than my flight departure.
I was surprised by two things
1. There's a connection from Terminal 3 to most gates on the International Terminal (Yikes !!!)
2. There's an enforcement of the 3-hour visit

I don't use airport that frequently with Centurion lounges and in IAH about a year ago we stayed for about 4 hours with no issues. I should say that it was very busy!
Food selection was healthier than other food outlets around. Showers were busy as most visitors wanted to take a shower before catching their red-eye flights
Old Jun 1, 2019, 6:55 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by cyberd
1. There's a connection from Terminal 3 to most gates on the International Terminal (Yikes !!!)
That's "half the gates in the international terminal". Terminal 3 (UA) and international-G (mostly or entirely *A) are connected airside. The gates that aren't connected airside (currently) are in international-A terminal including other international flights and a few misc. domestic including jetBlue and Hawaiian and Sun Country.

FT thread with wiki: Connecting in SFO
mia, cyberd and cuthroat like this.

Last edited by Zorak; Jun 1, 2019 at 10:04 am
Old Jun 1, 2019, 9:52 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by cyberd
Centurion Lounge SFO is strictly enforcing the 3-hour visit rule.
As they should be. The crowding is awful.

With the priority pass restaurant downgrade, they may have to take more drastic measures.
cuthroat likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 11:32 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Kacee
As they should be. The crowding is awful.

With the priority pass restaurant downgrade, they may have to take more drastic measures.
I thought I was doing them a favor by going straight to a PP restaurant.
cuthroat likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 11:43 am

Haven't been there in about a year or so, I think. It's a shame, since SFO is my home airport and I really like all the staff there. Until they resolve this, I find it probably easier just to pay for CX (use their lounge) or (can't believe I'm saying this) pay UA for long haul and use the Polaris lounge (assume no more F lounge?).

OT - UA finished their Polaris seat upgrades & how's the Polaris lounge (can't recall if I've been there)?
cuthroat likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 2:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Anyone making long-haul flight choices based on lounge access is doing it wrong.
dhuey and kirkwoodj like this.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by joe_miami
Anyone making long-haul flight choices based on lounge access is doing it wrong.
1 AM flight, easier to head the SFO after dinner, and get some stuff done. As opposed to waiting around & leaving later--personal preference. Not that this matters, any insights on my question? If not, that's ok too.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 3:39 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Visconti
Haven't been there in about a year or so, I think. It's a shame, since SFO is my home airport and I really like all the staff there. Until they resolve this, I find it probably easier just to pay for CX (use their lounge) or (can't believe I'm saying this) pay UA for long haul and use the Polaris lounge (assume no more F lounge?).

OT - UA finished their Polaris seat upgrades & how's the Polaris lounge (can't recall if I've been there)?
When I have Polaris lounge access I don't even bother with the CL. The Polaris lounge is better than the old GF lounge as well. The buffet is hit or miss but the sit down dining is pretty decent. However, if you're departing on a late night SQ or BR flight the food options are more limited at the Polaris lounge. You can see more in the below thread/wiki.

SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ..
Kacee likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 3:42 pm

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
SFO Polaris is very nice. We had breakfast there last week. Wait was about 15 mins for a table in the restaurant (buffet was available immediately). Lounge is huge, bright and comfortable. I doubt it ever gets crowded to the point where it’s hard to find a seat.

In short, Polaris is the obvious choice over Centurion.
JHake10 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.