Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2019, 5:26 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Does anyone have a current list of the wines available for tasting? How often do they rotate the wines?
Old Mar 13, 2019, 5:40 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by hannisen
Does anyone have a current list of the wines available for tasting? How often do they rotate the wines?
i’m not sure how often they rotate the wines, but as a wine importer myself I’m quite impressed with the selections that they have in their rotation. I believe each dispenser holds five or six bottles so they constantly have 10 or 12 offerings besides what’s behind the bar Pro tip ask for a few paper chits each time to save some time :-)
Old Mar 13, 2019, 10:55 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
I seriously cannot understand how people find the 3 hour rule to be a limiting factor.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 4:21 am

Programs: AS 100K, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by caliform
I seriously cannot understand how people find the 3 hour rule to be a limiting factor.
I think it depends heavily on where you are coming from (and which terminal you are departing from). For those who are far enough away to have multiple "layers" of traffic, you'll want to leave very early so that you'll make your flight even in a worst-case scenario. That means that in best-case traffic, though, that you'd face 4+ hours at the airport (e.g. if coming from Monterey and considering potential South Bay traffic).

Terminal-wise, if you are flying DL, AS, or really anyone but UA, you have to clear security twice to access the lounge anyways since terminals are not airside connected, so if based on your timing you want to grab a meal or something similar, it gets a bit tighter.
cuthroat likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 4:49 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
recent experience

Originally Posted by zer422
Anyone have recent experience using the shower in the lounge? I've read there's only one shower so I can imagine horrendous wait times. I'm hoping to use it on Wednesday during my 4 hour layover at SFO.
I used the shower on two occasions in 2019. Both times (once in the eve, once at 6 am) I had to wait. The 1st time (crowded) I was given a beeper to notify me when the shower was free. The 2nd time one of the two staff offered to come and find me when it was free - and he did so. Each time I waited less than 10 minutes. The shower had a large & small towel, face cloth, and small bottles of conditioner and shampoo. The space is huge - much more comtortable than @ the PP Arrivals Lounge in LHR T2. Oversized rain forest shower and a hand held one.
Not surpisingly, I am impressed with this lounge:
- 2 Apple computers & both work!
- big open area to relax after eating.
- good selection of periodicals incl. the SF Chronicle!
- the lounge staff are helpful, friendly and knowledgeable!
I did not see any evidence of the 3 h limit - but I have to say it makes sense. The UA Arrivals Lounge was not available to me (domestic long haul) so Centurion was my only option. The brekkie food was great - incl. Fench toast, lattes & other specialty coffees. The cooks are on site (fresh!). I also found the location ideal - between the int'l and domestic gates. Walking in SFO is a breeze compared to EWR or LHR so no complants here!
-
Old Mar 14, 2019, 7:01 am

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
I'm not familiar with SFO (I've been there a couple of times but that was years ago). Anyhow, I'm looking at booking a flight that has just over a 2 hour connection in SFO and want to know if I can access the Centurion lounge. I'd be arriving on United domestic (which I believe is the same terminal as the Centurion lounge) and then departing Air Canada, which I believe uses the international G gates. The wiki says those are connected airside, so it looks like it should be possible but can someone more familiar with SFO confirm that?
Old Mar 14, 2019, 8:09 am

Programs: UA Silver, whatever the Amex plat gets me and somehow still IHG Diamond after 3 years of no nights
Yes, you can access. The lounge is right at the point where the United gates end and the airside bridge to the INTL gates begin, right across from gates 74/75. I would say the lounge is in the perfect spot for your situation.
cuthroat and icelandman2 like this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 8:56 am

Perfect - thanks!
Old Mar 14, 2019, 12:15 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by Low Roller
...want to know if I can access the Centurion lounge
Assuming you hold a Plat or Cent, yes you can.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by 747FC
Assuming you hold a Plat or Cent, yes you can.
Yes, obviously...
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by caliform
I'd rather have a root canal than spend 3 hours in the Centurion lounge SFO. It's a zoo and the wifi sucks. I eat and get out asap.
JHake10 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 10:55 am

Stopped in yesterday, there was enough seating that we had a few options to sit and didn't have to wait for any tables. It's been a few months since I stopped by, not very crowded this time, but the airport as a whole doesn't seem to be as crowded on Sunday evenings.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 11:55 pm

What are the peak times for this lounge?
Old Mar 28, 2019, 8:50 pm

Programs: AS 100K, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kthpence
What are the peak times for this lounge?
It's always pretty busy - I've seen it full at most hours on pretty much every day of the week. That being said, the busiest times seem to be day-wise around business travel dates/times (e.g. Monday mornings, Thursday evenings), and time-wise around UA banked departures (because T3).
Old Mar 29, 2019, 1:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by icelandman2
It's always pretty busy - I've seen it full at most hours on pretty much every day of the week. That being said, the busiest times seem to be day-wise around business travel dates/times (e.g. Monday mornings, Thursday evenings), and time-wise around UA banked departures (because T3).
It's not bad between 5 and 5:30 a.m.
icelandman2 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.