Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2018, 9:00 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
.... Amex requires a same day boarding pass departing from the airport of the lounge that you're visiting....
This may be true when a lounge is crowded, but it is not the published policy:

Access to The Centurion Lounge is complimentary for global Platinum Card® and Centurion® Members. To access The Centurion Lounge, the Card Member must present The Centurion Lounge agent with the following upon each visit: his or her valid Card, a boarding pass showing a confirmed reservation for same-day travel on any carrier and a government-issued I.D- name on card must match government-issued I.D.

Note: The Centurion Lounge is a Day of Departure lounge requiring confirmed travel plans. Passengers holding standby tickets and non-revenue standby passengers, including airline or industry employees traveling on discounted tickets, are not eligible to utilize the lounge unless they have received a boarding pass showing a confirmed seat or zone assignment for the flight for which they are on standby.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 9:23 am

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
No way.
There used to be a shuttle bus but I assume from you comment that is long gone.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 12:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by nomad420
From my understanding, United ran that shuttle when they operated flights out of Terminal 1. I don't think that is running anymore. I remember telling the taxi drivers I'm on United but go to Terminal 1.

Last edited by JHake10; Aug 27, 2018 at 9:56 pm
Old Aug 27, 2018, 8:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by nomad420
Yes, that was several years ago. I haven’t heard of any airside buses at SFO in a long time.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 10:35 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by JHake10
From my understanding, United ran that shuttle when they operated flights out of Terminal 1.
Yup, that was while they were building out the E concourse and moved regional ops to T1.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 12:36 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Visited the lounge most recently today. Very crowded, but I was impressed with three things:

1. Four staff members at the desk when I arrived. Wow!
2. One of the F&B attendants, an Asian woman, was great: She found us a table, cleaned it, brought us beverages, and really made us feel welcome.
3, My wife remarked that the lounge food was as good as some some of the international lounges we have visited. N.B.: I think she must have been tired and hungry, because while nice, the Centurion cannot compete with lots of lounges that we have visited in Europe, Asia, and Australia.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 1:36 am

Was at the SFO CL ~11:00am, 8/27/2018

Lounge was crowded, as no empty tables were evident. But there wasn't a mass of people standing around all over the place. It did clear up a bit about half hour later.

The roasted chicken was seasoned pretty well, the fingerling potatoes were huge, and the coffee machine was fully operational. The macchiato was very strong for some reason. Additional offerings included salad, soup, and a berry topped panna cotta.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 4:07 pm

Programs: Global Entry/TSA PreCheck
Arrived at the lounge at 2:40PM. While I would estimate about 90% of the tables are occupied, the place does not “feel” full. Very few people wandering around and almost no young children. Customers seem exceptionally well-behaved and quiet. This is how a lounge should feel.

Food seems to be the exact same as previous post had yesterday: chicken, fingerling potatoes, bean ragout, collard greens, vanilla panna cotta with berries on top, chocolate chip cookies. No line at the bar to get my Cokes. Coffee machine is fully-functional.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 4:38 pm

Funny anecdote from yesterday's visit... I didn't bring my Plat card as I typically don't carry it and I didn't prepare my wallet for this last minute trip. So the front desk agent tries to look up my account... After a couple of minutes of silently mousing around her computer, I ask if there is a problem... She said, no, but I've opened and closed **SO MANY ACCOUNTS** and she has to look at each one until she finds a current platinum card that hasn't closed So to you churners out there, better just bring your card if you want to get in quick!
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 6:28 pm

Gary from VFTW is reporting there is signage outside the SFO location limiting access to departing passangers only and no more than 3 hours before your flight.

https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea...before-flight/

I don't typically show up that early but this would not be ideal for people on delayed flights. However, I would frequently use the lounge quickly on arrival for a bite to eat or a shower. In recent months though I've just stopped going due to crowding. We'll see if this works.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 7:16 pm

Programs: All the programs!
While the rule change is annoying I hope it does help with the crowding.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 7:57 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
The sign says: Due to high traffic in our lounge at this time... That's not the way I would write the notice if this policy were always in effect.
JHake10 likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by mia
The sign says: Due to high traffic in our lounge at this time... That's not the way I would write the notice if this policy were always in effect.
Didn't notice that. I know AMEX was doing that as needed. I read Garys post as it's a new permanent rule. I guess we'll see how things play out.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 3:38 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by mia
I'm curious whether it's an all-the-time policy or just during high traffic periods. I'm considering taking a redeye back from HNL this week and availability of shower in Centurion lounge would impact my decision. I'm pretty sure crowding is not a problem at 5 a.m.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 5:34 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Kacee
I'm curious whether it's an all-the-time policy or just during high traffic periods. I'm considering taking a redeye back from HNL this week and availability of shower in Centurion lounge would impact my decision. I'm pretty sure crowding is not a problem at 5 a.m.
Bear in mind that there's only one shower, so if someone beat you to the slot you'll have to wait until they're done and they clean it over

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.