Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Old Jul 8, 2018, 11:52 am

Programs: UA Plat 2MM, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott cardboard
Sunday July 8 noon. Everything works and it's not crowded. Breakfast was great.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by dulcamara
Sunday July 8 noon. Everything works and it's not crowded. Breakfast was great.
No comparison, the Centurion is hands down a better breakfast than the UC "breakfast" at SFO. Was there with my wife who holds the membership for the Centurion Lounge last week and it was indeed crowded (80% full) but you get an actual breakfast.
747FC likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 6:15 pm

I vaguely remember (this is probably two years ago) amex sfo has some sort of beef dish; and ever since then it's been the same chicken dish whenever I visit. Anyone know if lounges ever switch up the food offerings?
Old Jul 26, 2018, 11:00 pm

SFO-Centurion

Amex Plat holder Arriving at SFO on United. No further connection. Will Travrkler be allowed in Centurion while waiting fir others. It seems to be always busy there.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 7:21 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Yes, you'll be allowed in on arrival. I've done this serval times. As you mention, it is typically very busy.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 9:46 am

Awesome! Thanks @JHake10
Old Jul 30, 2018, 5:49 am

Programs: Marriott/SPG Gold, Krisflyer Gold, HHonors Gold
What has everyone's experiences getting a shower slot been like given the lounge is perpetually full?
Old Jul 30, 2018, 8:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by robbo135
What has everyone's experiences getting a shower slot been like given the lounge is perpetually full?
If you're first in line for the lounge at 5 am (take the stairs, not the elevator) it's not a problem. Otherwise, there's only one shower, so it could take a while.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 6:29 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold
Originally Posted by gsxsilver
I vaguely remember (this is probably two years ago) amex sfo has some sort of beef dish; and ever since then it's been the same chicken dish whenever I visit. Anyone know if lounges ever switch up the food offerings?
they rotate every 3-4 weeks or so. I got sick of the last chicken stew and tofu soup combo pretty quickly. They just switched to this braised beef brisket with mushroom and onions with a saffron yellow rice that was prob the best thing Ive had out of the Sfo lounge. The cauliflower soup was meh tho...

Old Jul 31, 2018, 8:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by bbmatt
they rotate every 3-4 weeks or so. I got sick of the last chicken stew and tofu soup combo pretty quickly. They just switched to this braised beef brisket with mushroom and onions with a saffron yellow rice that was prob the best thing Ive had out of the Sfo lounge.
I don't think it's that frequent or consistent. I saw the beef once . . . visits on both sides of that for months they had either the chicken or pork, neither of which I find appealing.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 10:45 pm

Programs: MM / UA 1K
At the lounge currently and am very surprised how dirty some areas are. In particular the lounge area to the left of the reception desk. The carpet is filthy - riddled with stains with some crumbs sprinkled on top to add some depth...
Its evening (almost 10PM) and I understand it can be hard to vacuum mid-day while the lounge is constantly busy but those stains seem to span the history of the lounge :/
Old Aug 26, 2018, 9:59 pm

Can anyone confirm if I am arriving at Terminal 1, is there a way I can get to terminal 3 to go to the centurion lounge without having to exit security. I wouldn't have a boarding pass as SFO is my final destination from LAX. Thanks!
Old Aug 26, 2018, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Raissa_J
Can anyone confirm if I am arriving at Terminal 1, is there a way I can get to terminal 3 to go to the centurion lounge without having to exit security. I wouldn't have a boarding pass as SFO is my final destination from LAX. Thanks!
No way.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 12:12 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Welcome to Flyertalk!
Old Aug 27, 2018, 8:02 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Welcome to Flyertalk! In addition to what the other posters stated about access between terminals. Another pointer to know Amex requires a same day boarding pass departing from the airport of the lounge that you're visiting

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.