Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2017, 7:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by C W
Looks like tempered glass to me. Designed with internal strain to shatter into many small pieces as seen in the picture, avoiding longer and much more dangerous shards that can cause worse injuries. Also would have caused the window to shatter on impact, preventing heavy pieces of glass from falling onto people. Such glass is standard equipment in chemistry laboratories and in autoglass (in combination with lamination in some areas).
I claim no expertise in this whatsoever, but doesn't it look like it came down completely or mostly intact and then shattered on impact with the ground? Seems to me the spread of the pieces would be wider and more even if it shattered from up high. In the photo we see a big concentration of pieces along with width of the pane.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 11:41 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Looks to me like tempered glass that shattered on impact, not a whole pane that fell down. If the whole pane fell down and wasn't tempered glass, you'd be able to tell from the shards, they wouldn't be so uniform and pebble-like.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Not too crowded this morning— plenty of seats open.

I asked about the glass. Agent said they have no idea what happened. Occurred in the middle of the night. No one hurt.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:05 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by dhuey

I asked about the glass. Agent said they have no idea what happened. Occurred in the middle of the night. No one hurt.
Glad to hear, thanks for asking and letting us know! ^
Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:09 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by dhuey

Likely a worker or cleaning crew bumped or hit the glass.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 2:43 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hyatt, IHG cards
Sunday noon was pretty busy, but not a zoo. Guest and I found a two-person table, but apart from that I just saw a few scattered single seats. 4-5 people in the food line.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 3:46 am

Swung through before a red-eye on Nov 2nd. Here's the state of the bar repairs:

The wine dispensers were offline and temporary bar taps were put in front of them (Stella & Lagunitas). Wine was being poured from the bottle.

Also as of 8:30pm on they had closed off the stairs for the window repairs:

Staff mentioned the glass popped out at around 3:30am the morning of the 2nd. But no one seems to know "why"
Old Nov 3, 2017, 3:50 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by peetahvw
Staff mentioned the glass popped out at around 3:30am the morning of the 2nd. But no one seems to know "why"
This does not bode well for when a reasonably good quake hits the region.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
Well, it kind of does for the people inside the lounge, unless they are leaning against the window.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 6:55 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Quakes hit the region more frequently than whatever caused this, I'm sure. We get a magnitude 5+ quake every now and then; and I think we'd be mostly fine in the case of a 7+ too.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 10:20 pm

Do I need to clear security twice if I head to Terminal 3 first for the Centurion Lounge and my flight is in the International terminal?
Old Nov 12, 2017, 10:45 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by baydude
Do I need to clear security twice if I head to Terminal 3 first for the Centurion Lounge and my flight is in the International terminal?

Nope. There's a tunnel walkway between Terminal 3 and International Terminal.

You can go through security at either and then move freely between them once you do.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 10:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by Mediahound
Nope. There's a tunnel walkway between Terminal 3 and International Terminal.

You can go through security at either and then move freely between them once you do.
Depends on which carrier you’re on for the international flight. Terminal A would require reclearing security. Terminal G would not.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 11:48 pm

Depends on which carrier you’re on for the international flight. Terminal A would require reclearing security. Terminal G would not.
Damn It is daily flight CI3 and I think it’ll be Terminal A. Can I get in Air France/KLM lounge?
Old Nov 12, 2017, 11:56 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by baydude
Damn It is daily flight CI3 and I think it’ll be Terminal A. Can I get in Air France/KLM lounge?
CI operates from Concourse A of the International terminal, which isn't connected air side to Terminal 3 where the Centurion lounge is.

Your PP will grant access to the Air France Lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.