Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2017, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by hblanton
Oh, I never realized that you can't connect airside between International G and A. Bummer. No lounge for me I guess (not going through security 2x.)
Air France Lounge is not bad too. It's better than United Club Lounge.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 6:28 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by dhuey
It’s actually in Terminal 3-F, but very close to the airside hallway to International-G.
Yep. Typo on that. I'm there almost every week too
Old Oct 31, 2017, 11:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by JHake10
Yep. Typo on that. I'm there almost every week too
Well, it's probably closer to more International-G gates than to gates in Terminal 3.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 3:57 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
The bar renovation is under way. There's a temporary bar set up with a limited menu. They told me it'd take around 5 days to complete and we'd be back to normal.

Surprisingly not crowded at 1pm on a Tue.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by helvetic
The bar renovation is under way. There's a temporary bar set up with a limited menu. They told me it'd take around 5 days to complete and we'd be back to normal.

Surprisingly not crowded at 1pm on a Tue.
Any sense for why they're renovating a bar that is roughly 3 years old?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 9:47 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Any sense for why they're renovating a bar that is roughly 3 years old?
My understanding is that it's just routine maintenance and that it's not a full remodel. Basically, there's nothing noticeable in it for us, but it'll keep things running smoothly longer term.

But what do I know… I could be way off here.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 6:17 am

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Not sure how this happened but this is the current state at the Centurion lounge in SFO.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 8:06 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by kluau88
Not sure how this happened but this is the current state at the Centurion lounge in SFO.
Holy shnikeys!!!
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
What, did they install a sunroof in place of a regular window?
Old Nov 1, 2017, 11:12 am

Goodness. That could have been very ugly if during peak times.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 11:52 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.32 MM
Replacement is already underway this morning
Old Nov 1, 2017, 1:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoyed Lifetime Gold
Wow.. You would think they would put a layer of shatter proof film on it, especially since people walk by it.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by kluau88
I hope somebody didn't mistake it for the door.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by nomad420
I hope somebody didn't mistake it for the door.
Maybe some techie figured out how to trick the wine tasting dispensers into unlimited pours. Then, a wrong turn on the way out.

But seriously, it looks like the whole pane fell intact and then shattered on the ground. Really bad news if something that heavy hits you on the head.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 6:31 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by JfromTheBay
Wow.. You would think they would put a layer of shatter proof film on it, especially since people walk by it.
Maybe some techie figured out how to trick the wine tasting dispensers into unlimited pours. Then, a wrong turn on the way out.

But seriously, it looks like the whole pane fell intact and then shattered on the ground. Really bad news if something that heavy hits you on the head.
Looks like tempered glass to me. Designed with internal strain to shatter into many small pieces as seen in the picture, avoiding longer and much more dangerous shards that can cause worse injuries. Also would have caused the window to shatter on impact, preventing heavy pieces of glass from falling onto people. Such glass is standard equipment in chemistry laboratories and in autoglass (in combination with lamination in some areas).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.