Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Its packed right now. As others have mentioned it does seem more crowded lately than previous months. I'll do my normal routine of grabbing a bite to eat and going to the UA club to relax (never thought I say that)
Old May 4, 2017, 8:35 am

how crowded is it late night at SFO (9-11pm) ? heard that it is ridiculous and not even worth venturing over.
Old May 4, 2017, 8:40 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by WearyTravellerMSP
how crowded is it late night at SFO (9-11pm) ? heard that it is ridiculous and not even worth venturing over.
It's not that bad, but will depend. I've been there during that time and only about 10 others where in there.

It's more crowded around meal times.
Old May 4, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
It is an absolute zoo right now. 7:40am. Multiple families. Kids running all over the lobby. Zero seating.
Old May 4, 2017, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by Mediahound
It's not that bad, but will depend. I've been there during that time and only about 10 others where in there.

It's more crowded around meal times.
good to hear. Thanks. do you know how long they keep the dinner buffet out?
Old May 4, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: AA EXP
Starts to die down by that time. Earlier is a zoo.
Old May 7, 2017, 8:00 am

Thanks for the tips everyone. Went friday before my redeye. quick review.

Got there about 6:15. Was packed. Ended up getting a table right as folks were leaving. All seats were packed until 9:00 At 9, some shared table seats become open but all seats with backs were full until i left at 10.

A few thoughts.

1) by far the worst food spread of any centurion lounge... and by a rather wide margin. Only one entree with meat, some overcooked chicken and no real desert option

2) The wine tasting glass is a nice concept by not well thought out. First, the bar staff is spending all of their time explaining how the ticket system works instead of serving guest. PLus the setup on the bottles requires people to pretty much stand on top of folks seated at tables.
Old May 7, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Everytime I think it couldn't be busier I'm proven wrong. There is a line of about 30 people waiting to check in. I just turned around and left. So much for the new policy.
Old May 7, 2017, 3:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
First, the bar staff is spending all of their time explaining how the ticket system works instead of serving guest.
Really? Anyone struggling to understand how the ticket system works is probably on glass #6 (or more).

1) You scan the ticket in the reader, just like the way you scan pretty much anything.
2) You press the button.
3) Wine comes out.

Important: have a glass there to catch the wine as it comes out.
Old May 7, 2017, 4:39 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by dhuey
Really? Anyone struggling to understand how the ticket system works is probably on glass #6 (or more).

1) You scan the ticket in the reader, just like the way you scan pretty much anything.
2) You press the button.
3) Wine comes out.

Important: have a glass there to catch the wine as it comes out.
Hahaha nicely done

That said, I think some are confused as to why they need a ticket at all.
Old May 7, 2017, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by C W
Hahaha nicely done

No what happens is people see the wine and 1) step over people sitting in tables by the machines and 2) start randomly pushing buttons, then 3) complain loudly when it doesn't work.
Old May 7, 2017, 6:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
The SFO Centurion lounge is going to have a hard time managing crowding because compared to any other city in the US (besides NYC maybe) the number of people for whom $550 is a widely acceptable annual fee is high. And not only are there lots of people in SF making high salaries, they also work for companies where chef-prepared food is served. So where the Centurion lounge might be a luxury in other cities, in SFO it's just business as usual for a lot of people. That's why when they opened with that relatively small space I was like, better enjoy this for a few months until everyone in the city finds out about this and gets a Plat card. To serve all the people with Plat cards in SF they will need a much larger lounge.
Old May 7, 2017, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by C W
Hahaha nicely done

I don't know much about wine, but I get the sense that when you press those buttons you get some pretty good wine. And not cheap wine, even with Amex's bargaining power. They don't want too many guests pressing too many buttons.
Old May 7, 2017, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by Katlor
The SFO Centurion lounge is going to have a hard time managing crowding because compared to any other city in the US (besides NYC maybe) the number of people for whom $550 is a widely acceptable annual fee is high. And not only are there lots of people in SF making high salaries, they also work for companies where chef-prepared food is served. So where the Centurion lounge might be a luxury in other cities, in SFO it's just business as usual for a lot of people. That's why when they opened with that relatively small space I was like, better enjoy this for a few months until everyone in the city finds out about this and gets a Plat card. To serve all the people with Plat cards in SF they will need a much larger lounge.
Yes, and in this tech-savvy area, more than the usual portion of cardholders know that $550 is really $150 after Uber and the $200 airline credit.
Old May 7, 2017, 6:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by dhuey
Yes, and in this tech-savvy area, more than the usual portion of cardholders know that $550 is really $150 after Uber and the $200 airline credit.

Yes, and the peninsula (which SFO serves as much as SF proper) is full of high tax bracket families with children, so it isn't all single tech employees stopping in. After quite a few trips to the lounge where it was absolutely packed with families with small children, I started going to the Air France Priority Pass lounge instead. It isn't as fancy but they have champagne and it's less crowded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.