Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2017, 7:45 pm

Programs: Inf Elite CO, lifetime AA Platinum
Originally Posted by seks
Looking forward to checking out this lounge with my 2 guests towards the end of April by using my AMEX Plat. Both our arrival and departure are from Terminal 3 according to my itinerary. 6.5 h layover from afternoon to evening.
Wow - With that layover I would so take a taxi or BART up to SFO and explore the city vs using any club.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 7:33 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
There are now scrambled egg whites! I always try to do the healthy thing and this was a nice surprise. Hopefully they stick around.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 12:22 pm

The line at the buffett is stretching back to the bar right now. I guess these new access restrictions aren't thining the crowds as expected.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 12:40 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JHake10
The line at the buffett is stretching back to the bar right now. I guess these new access restrictions aren't thining the crowds as expected.
But how long is the line for the bar?
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by transportprof
But how long is the line for the bar?
It was only 4 people. Silver lining I guess haha
Old Apr 16, 2017, 2:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Maybe it will have some impact at MIA, but not SFO.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 7:35 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
... I guess these new access restrictions aren't thining the crowds as expected.
I'm sorry, could someone fill me in on "new access restrictions"? I was "offline" for a couple of months due to work and just went back a couple of pages in this thread on my current SLOW FLAKEY Internet connection at the Hilton Metropole Birmingham UK and couldn't find anything.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 11:38 pm

Programs: UA MM Platinum; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; Starwood Gold; Hyatt Discoverist; Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by stc
I'm sorry, could someone fill me in on "new access restrictions"? I was "offline" for a couple of months due to work and just went back a couple of pages in this thread on my current SLOW FLAKEY Internet connection at the Hilton Metropole Birmingham UK and couldn't find anything.
Platinum cardholders can no longer guest in their entire family. The allowance used to be for 2 guests or immediate family. Now, it's 2 guests, full stop. It means in practice that a family of 4+ would need two platinum cards, now.

The SFO lounge needs to be expanded. Unless Centurion is going to take additional steps to restrict access in SFO, the space the lounge occupies is just too small to accommodate its guests. The service folks in the lounge are really great, and do their best, but I get the sense that this lounge is suffering from lackluster management and a lack of acknowledgment that it needs more space.

Expand the sitting area, expand the restaurant, and add a couple more showers, please, Amex.

The last couple times through SFO, I've stopped in the lounge to check out the hot food options, and then continued to the United Club to hang out and have drinks. It shouldn't be this way, Amex...
Old Apr 16, 2017, 11:57 pm

One perk I didn't notice til last time I visited. Entertainment!
Was sitting next to a man and a woman (don't know how long they have known each other) and the man was blown away that the woman supported Trump, and started "arguing" with her (she says he was arguing, he says he wasn't, but objectively he definitely talked quicker and let her speak less and raised his voice). Quite fun. You don't always get this in a lounge. Breakfast and a show.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 2:26 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Dromomaniac
Platinum cardholders can no longer guest in their entire family. The allowance used to be for 2 guests or immediate family. Now, it's 2 guests, full stop. It means in practice that a family of 4+ would need two platinum cards, now.

Ah, TYVM for the update. I probably haven't been to the Centurion Lounge in SFO since shortly after it opened. It wasn't horrible then.

Given I have a lifetime Delta SkyClub membership (thank you NW!) and tend to fly AA / DL and would rather have a root canal than fly UA ever again (even before the latest round of proving how bad their "service" is), I tend to stick with the DL Club even when flying AA at SFO.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:45 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Dromomaniac

The SFO lounge needs to be expanded. Unless Centurion is going to take additional steps to restrict access in SFO, the space the lounge occupies is just too small to accommodate its guests. The service folks in the lounge are really great, and do their best, but I get the sense that this lounge is suffering from lackluster management and a lack of acknowledgment that it needs more space.

Expand the sitting area, expand the restaurant, and add a couple more showers, please, Amex.

The last couple times through SFO, I've stopped in the lounge to check out the hot food options, and then continued to the United Club to hang out and have drinks. It shouldn't be this way, Amex...
AMEX has now raise the annual fee for the card. A certain percentage of card holders will not renew, which could lesson the load on the lounges.

That said, I agree, the SFO lounge should be larger, given it's a major international airport, etc. That said, LAX doesn't even have one.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:53 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by stc
...someone fill me in on "new access restrictions"?
Primary discussion here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...te-family.html
Old Apr 17, 2017, 10:54 am

Agree. SFO actually seems busier now than prior to the guest limit.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 11:01 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by sdix
...SFO actually seems busier now ....
I don't think this month vs last month is the meaningful comparison. It's the time of the year when schools are out for Easter/Spring break. However, it would be a good time to observe how the lounge staff is enforcing the new rule, and how cardholders react.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 11:25 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
This lounge has been very crowded lately. I came through last Thursday lunch-time and couldn't find a seat and left. I just arrived this morning (Sunday morning) and couldn't find a seat but ended up getting lucky with someone leaving. The lounge staff seems a bit clueless and keeps admitting people in. (At least in the Seattle studio they would help you find a seat or help people share/consolidate.)

Also, after a long flight from HKG, I wanted a Bailey's and coffee. No liquor before 10:30AM. The lady next to me was able to order a bloody mary though "because it's on the breakfast menu".

Last edited by bworrell; Apr 30, 2017 at 11:30 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.