Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2019, 2:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Which Apple app is this, exactly? I did an Amex search at the iPhone App Store and didn’t see any result that looked right. Thanks.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 3:29 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
The main American Express app. Should be the first result in the App Store when you search "Amex".
Old Jun 14, 2019, 8:22 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
A new low tonigh (6:30 pm Friday). Kitchen was so slow to replace the chicken, a crowd of at least fifteen hungry guests hovered on the edges of the buffet waiting for staff to bring out a fresh supply. Then they forgot the tongs. I thought there might be a riot
JHake10 likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 10:26 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Kacee
A new low tonigh (6:30 pm Friday). Kitchen was so slow to replace the chicken, a crowd of at least fifteen hungry guests hovered on the edges of the buffet waiting for staff to bring out a fresh supply. Then they forgot the tongs. I thought there might be a riot
It's OK you can use your other AMEX benefit to go to a PP restaurant. Oh wait ...
In2ishn and Kacee like this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 11:29 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Will they ever have meat other than chicken, which they’ve had for years? I know chicken is a meat that most major cultures find acceptable, but doesn’t the DFW lounge, say, feature beef? How about some menu rotation? I think the panna cotta, too, has been there since the club opened.
cuthroat likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 5:06 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Explore
Will they ever have meat other than chicken, which they’ve had for years? I know chicken is a meat that most major cultures find acceptable, but doesn’t the DFW lounge, say, feature beef? How about some menu rotation? I think the panna cotta, too, has been there since the club opened.
They used to have two proteins, usually chicken and pork. Now they've just had the fennel chicken for probably six months or more.

If the food in the UC wasn't so horrible, I would have stopped coming here. It is barely worth the hassle of fighting the crowds. The staff look deer in the headlights overwhelmed by it all.

They've downgraded the cookies, too.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 9:31 pm

Just took a quick peek in the lounge and it is dead. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that few people. Same old chicken and rice, carrots and pasta. I agree with the poster above the cookie are a downgrade too.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 3:11 pm

I was here briefly last Friday night around 7 pm. It was an absolute zoo. There were at least a dozen people swarming the buffet. I took one look, turned around and walked out.

AMEX needs to stop allowing guests. People in front of me in line were all bringing 2.
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 5:34 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
I was here briefly last Friday night around 7 pm. It was an absolute zoo. There were at least a dozen people swarming the buffet. I took one look, turned around and walked out.

AMEX needs to stop allowing guests. People in front of me in line were all bringing 2.
I was there last Friday night, from around 5:50 to 6:20. It was packed. I had to sit at the area across from the bar because there were no tables available. They don't need to stop allowing guests, they need to open more lounges. They clearly have a lot of Plat card holders in the SFO market, so they can afford more lounges.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by STS-134
I was there last Friday night, from around 5:50 to 6:20. It was packed. I had to sit at the area across from the bar because there were no tables available. They don't need to stop allowing guests, they need to open more lounges. They clearly have a lot of Plat card holders in the SFO market, so they can afford more lounges.
SFO is severely space constrained. I'm pretty sure AMEX would expand if they could.

At least we agree that the current situation is not acceptable.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 11:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; WN A-list; UA Silver
How miserable is the lounge going to be 10-11pm on a Thursday night? I'm assuming miserable based on the number of transpacs that seem to leave around that time.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 1:15 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by nmpls
How miserable is the lounge going to be 10-11pm on a Thursday night? I'm assuming miserable based on the number of transpacs that seem to leave around that time.
I haven't found the lounge that bad at closing time, although I haven't stopped by at that time in about a year as I just head to Polaris when I'm on my TPACs. Be aware the Centurion lounge closes at 11pm and they start clearing food after 10pm.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 5:25 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nmpls
My last visit was last November at 10 PM on a Friday. It was surprisingly still pretty crowded though at least I could find a seat:

Old Jul 30, 2019, 1:41 pm

3 recent visits in the last month and each time found a table quickly. A Tuesday morning ~7am, a Saturday mid afternoon ~ 2pm and a Friday late afternoon ~4pm.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Was there last week in late afternoon/evening time and lounge was packed as usual. Found a place to sit after a couple of laps around. Chicken and rice was ok.

But no desserts offered, aside from the downgraded cookies that several have mentioned, which also fall apart under the slightest pressure. In fact, the container that they were in was basically cookie crumbs and fragments of cookies since handling them with the tongs breaks them apart.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.